Pages:
Author

Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ? - page 18. (Read 8205 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy

The basic commodities would increase in  price and not bitcoin. That's what essentially happens in any countries that are suffering in calamities like typhoons and earthquakes. The demand will increase that will surge its price because the stock is limited.
Activity: 184
Merit: 10
Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark
I think the bitcoin value will go down because natural disasters that occur will disrupt the flow of electricity and internet network. and people are more focused on the necessities of life like water, food and electricity than think of bitcoin. if like this we can do is wait until normal power and internet network is connected again.
Activity: 150
Merit: 0
ı think bitcoin is very much universal and interchangeable so its very desirable if this situation were too arise. If, as everyone has mentioned, the global affected the entire global network then of course the price would fluctuate towards the negative end..
Activity: 322
It actually depends on many variables but let's just relate it to the demand and supply to make the deal simpler. I guess in a state of war people will stop buying bitcoin as they won't be sure about the future they will get their money out and try to hide them in "safer places" so the demand will decrease and so is the price of bitcoin.
Activity: 50
Ofcourse it will. And the level of decreasing of bitcoin value is depend on the scale of disaster.

I think It depends how many places are affected because if it's just a small country or some island it will not affect the price at all even if the people there have to spend all their bitcoin.
War will see an increase in bitcoin prices but natural disasters? I am not sure.
Activity: 336
Merit: 107
If there will be a global disaster the government and even the invironment is affected. Famine, storms, drought, epedimia, conflicts and wars make people and the country poorer. Mai I ask you who is the one who uses Bitcoin? No one except the people of this world. If a global disaster occurs everything is affected, even paper money is affected so does Bitcoin. Bitcoin is useless without it's people. A global disaster can happen if a meteor hits the earth, if the global fault shifted and earthquake creates massive damage or if a nuclear war happens. Bitcoin value will not just decrease, there will be no value at all and I hope that day won't happen because when that happens it's not about cryptocurrencies or government or money. It's about life and death.
Activity: 420
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

A global catastrophe can not reduce Bitcoin's prices for a long time. There are many who want to invest in Bitcoin to profit effectively because they know Bitcoin is a high- If an investor knows the market, Bitcoin is too easy for them to make a profit.
Yes a global disaster cannot reduce bitcoin's price rather it can help in any difficult time, if some where any disaster and their people cannot get any help so if they invest their money in bitcoin so they can get help by bitcoin investment and that's why they can move other country and their bitcoin will very helpful for them because bitcoin is a global currency and we can easily use it any where any country.
Activity: 434
Hi ! First message here.

Yes depending on the place, let say you are mining on a ethereum coin and the plant of eth coins has been destroyed by a disaster then the prices in the market will decrease drastically because of this occurance.
Activity: 154
If you look closely, Bitcoin has no value when it comes to natural needs. And after/during a disaster, the only things needed are the natural needs and Bicoin would just have no use. It would be useful when the economy starts rebuilding.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
I don't see how and why natural disasters and wars can increase value of Bitcoin. It seems to me that humanity will not be at all up to cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 125
Hi ! First message here.

A global catastrophe can not reduce Bitcoin's prices for a long time. There are many who want to invest in Bitcoin to profit effectively because they know Bitcoin is a high- If an investor knows the market, Bitcoin is too easy for them to make a profit.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
Durin a global war with the involvement of electronic weapons, the price of bitcoin would surely decrease! Cheesy But honestly, the last global desaster was when the earth was hit by an asteroid and the dinosaurs had to say good bye. So your scenario will statistically not happen within the foreseeable future and you can relaxed continue using crypto coins.
The chances of a global disaster caused by some natural reasons are very low, the chances of a global disaster caused by human intervention is very high, you do not need even a war to create huge trouble for humanity just look at what happen in Chernobyl and we got very close to that happening again in Fukushima, if that were to happen again and there is a high chance that will happen again because no system is perfect, we may not be that lucky next time and we may end with a full country or even a whole continent being contaminated by radiation forever.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
If such a disaster is not too large in size and caused destruction, then in the zone of such a disaster and the surrounding area should be observed an increase in the rate of the crypto currency. This was noticed during the aggravation of relations between North Korea, on the one hand, and South Korea and the United States, on the other.
However, if the disaster turns out to be truly global and will cover all the continents, the rate of the crypto currency may either fall substantially or be depreciated altogether and become usable, since mankind can be thrown back in its development much backward. In addition, due to such a global disaster, the Internet can simply disappear and all satellites fall. Then mankind can forget about crypto-currency in general.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
It depends on the extent of the disaster.
If it is globally, it is possible that bitcoin would have no value entirely and is best to cash out before.
If not, then it may just decrease depending on which areas are affected especially if it has a great number of bitcoin users. The value of bitcoin entirely depends on its users.

I agree with you mate. It would just depend on what kind of disaster it is. If it is global then I think bitcoin's value would just diminish especially if the internet connection is affected because bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies will be useless without the internet. If it has affected certain areas or countries only then there is the possibility of the value of bitcoin to go up. As what we have observe with what happen in Venezuela, people depended on cryptocurrencies because they can't rely on there fiat money anymore as it is almost worthless so bitcoin is in demand.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
It depends on the extent of the disaster.
If it is globally, it is possible that bitcoin would have no value entirely and is best to cash out before.
If not, then it may just decrease depending on which areas are affected especially if it has a great number of bitcoin users. The value of bitcoin entirely depends on its users.
Activity: 374
That's true, that BTC and whole blockchain may and will change everything in investments worlds. As it already brought in a revolutionary change globally for investment
Activity: 238
dApps Development Automation Platform
If the disaster hit the bases of trading sites where you cannot exchange your coins, it might be useless and lose its value.

There are a lot of things to consider that could affect bitcoin and one of that is disaster but the impact of it will be uncertain.
Activity: 350
Hi ! First message here.

Actually it depends on the disaster, if one of the ico's plant for mining is destroyed by the disaster then there is a huge chance for a cryptocurrency to die or to decrease its price very hard.
Activity: 336
Merit: 103
Durin a global war with the involvement of electronic weapons, the price of bitcoin would surely decrease! Cheesy But honestly, the last global desaster was when the earth was hit by an asteroid and the dinosaurs had to say good bye. So your scenario will statistically not happen within the foreseeable future and you can relaxed continue using crypto coins.
Activity: 401
Maybe if there is a big war or catastrophe happening on this earth bitcoin prices will decrease drastically because bitcoin enthusiasts have decreased because they can not take care of bitcoin Because busy with lifting weapons to fight and also to help all affected by the disaster.
Pages:
Jump to: