Pages:
Author

Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ? - page 2. (Read 8205 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 10
Any changes in the whole economy will be inflicted also in cryptocurrency since we are in globalization. And taking part of it will affect the cryptocurrency market. Therefore, it would become a large effect for crypto when there is a global wars or economic disturbance in the whole world.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 121
Anything can be a global catastrophe, but if humanity is left without electricity or the Internet, then we will all return to silver and gold, because even papers will not have real value.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
depend on what get damage , but i think the most damaged is infrastructure and cz of that it will decrease the bitcoin price because what people need is physical thing not digital

Why would even people think about it if that happens? The damage might be minimal or not, the value of bitcoin will obviously go down. It will plummet down since most of the people will not be visiting their investment for a while, most of them would be selling some of their btcs since they would need the money. That would be bad for cryptos.
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy

It depends on the location where it would happen, if it would happen in regions which are considered wealthy, then definitely yes. The price of Bitcoin would increase because the wealthy regions of the word are strongly connected and their currencies also.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
if earth have big problem, internet will go down and bitcoin cant be use anymore. what we can do is back to fiat if it exist or to gold. maybe bitcoin is not important because we cant access it. we dont know if we can solve the problem and go to crypto again, it have same system or not.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
If the catastrophe will be global, but civilization will remain at the same level, the Internet will work, our lifestyles will remain at least as a whole, then the cryptocurrency may even rise in price. If civilization turns out to be a threat, especially if the Internet disappears, then no one will need a cryptocurrency. It will simply be forgotten about, more important concerns will arise in people, a reappraisal of values, including means of payment, is sure to happen.
Activity: 120
Merit: 6
Bitcoin is a currency like many others and people invest in this currency as well so if global disaster is effecting people than obviously it will effect the currency value as well, currency and business markets mainly depend on sentiments and it effects every currency
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
Speaking with the influence of a major disaster on bitcoin, in my opinion the price of bitcoin will rise if that happens. For example, when a currency or market value is disrupted, that is how the price of bitcoin happens to soar. definitely remember last 2017. at that time the market government in the world was disturbed. so of course bitcoin will rise during natural disasters.
Activity: 129
Merit: 11
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

That's a very interesting question. First of all, of course, the system would need to still be running, and I assume little effect done to those who use and accept it.

If that's the case, it may well rise in value, but I think precious metals would probably fair better. But who knows.

If that's not the case, and the system is still in place, but the infrastructure has been severely damaged, then the price might go down.

Of course, it might also depend on who is using it and for what. If whales are using it to transfer wealth from one place to another, that might cause the price to temporarily go up.

But again, who knows, we'll have to see, unfortunately.

Have a good day,
The Cyberius team.
Activity: 686
Merit: 30
depend on what get damage , but i think the most damaged is infrastructure and cz of that it will decrease the bitcoin price because what people need is physical thing not digital
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
This is a huge question, and the most logical answer would be yes. In the time of crisis, basic needs come to the surface, people will try to sell everything valuable for a piece of food, or shelter. In general, some things increase in price, like food, bullets, shelters, water, etc... on another side real-estates, precious metals, money, lose value, nobody thinks about buying those things with an empty stomach. In that way we can assume that bitcoin can lose value, in the case of some global disaster, but it will not disappear.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
Hi ! First message here.

I believe it will decreasing the price of bitcoin. The reasons is:
 1. The only demands that will increasing is the needs of food and water and people could sell everything that they could to fullfil this needs.
 2. bitcoin not solving anything and i think people would not even think to invest in something and its not strage that the country that been through natural disaster will have a rough economy.
 3. Wars only bring pain and sorrow dont think it could boost economy at all, but i do think super power country will hold so much power in economy if the wars did happening.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
Hi ! First message here.

It depends on the type of disaster. A disaster affecting the electrical grid would hamper transactions and cause the price to crash. A natural disaster such as a hurricane and typhoon would be localized, so it wouldn't have an effect given the global nature of bitcoin. A world war might cause people to flee to precious metals that are physical perhaps.

What I believe to be especially beneficial to bitcoin is a man-made type of disaster: hyperinflation.
Activity: 292
Merit: 102
Bounty Detective
Hi ! First message here.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy
It depends on the intensity of the disaster. If the disaster destroys all or almost all of the bitcoin server all around the world correct me if I'm wrong with this one, this is how I undertand it at least, then it would produce a significant impact to bitcoin because the supply will decrease and that would result different consequences. And also if internet is paralyzed, there'll be no means to access bitcoin and use it. No interaction, it become useles and if this continues, it will become worthless.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
Hi ! First message here.

Internet is the most important tools in using cryptocurrencies. Wars and great natural disaster will totally shut off the internet and decrease the usage of cryptocurrencies. You can't use cryptocurrencies if there is no internet to support it and bullrun will eventually useless to those affected investors, traders and users. The price of the coins might eventually affected in the event of prolonged conflicts and disasters.
at such times, of course no one can transact cryptocurrency. and I think of course the price will drop, it even becomes worthless. in damaged conditions, of course food will be very expensive to survive

Activity: 658
Merit: 102
Hi ! First message here.

Internet is the most important tools in using cryptocurrencies. Wars and great natural disaster will totally shut off the internet and decrease the usage of cryptocurrencies. You can't use cryptocurrencies if there is no internet to support it and bullrun will eventually useless to those affected investors, traders and users. The price of the coins might eventually affected in the event of prolonged conflicts and disasters.
Activity: 213
Merit: 1
Hi ! First message here.

If that happen of course there's affect to crypto because we you use internet so if there a disaster in some place the transaction every user will be interrupt because of the disaster or war. We all know that internet is important to us to use in crypto.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
☠ ☠ ☠ メメ
With a great recession or depression from whatever event, on paper or physical disruption, we are talking about loss for everyone and a retraction in productivity.    So the value of just about anything can be predicted to be falling in such times, there is a possibility to beat the trend for a product which can provide utility.

Its not impossible if the problem were unreliable currency value then Bitcoin might actually rise in real value terms of what it can be exchanged for.     The longest term measure of worth is an acre of wheat I guess but most commonly people talk about gold and how the value of anything relates to that long term is considered stable value.

The answer comes down to whether you think BTC is a flight of fantasy, used for entertainment only not especially useful beyond any digital currency system (doesnt have to be crypto even dollar can be digital) or does BTC in its solid standard bring genuine utility beyond conventional forms of exchangeable worth.

If BTC is a soft standard without genuine demand it will fall in a negative world economy, if its a required product and enabling business then I'd predict it will grow in value.    Normal dollar has great problems if the economy should retract as much debt is repayable in future, this means either default or a very loose standard and falling confidence in paper worth
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
Hi ! First message here.

It seems to me that if there is a global catastrophe, everyone will not care about bitcoins.And most likely the price will fall.

If people wont care about bitcoins , then the bitcoins value would be stable instead of falling  but there is also a case that people will be stranded and cant use or withdrew money from a nearby atm because atm's were broken due to disaster or wars therfor people will only use thier bitcoin . bitcoins value will decrease this way
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
It will depend on the size of such a disaster. If it is of regional importance, then in the region itself and the surrounding areas the price of bitcoin and other cryptocurrency will increase. However, if a catastrophe really turns out to be global and affects the whole world, then, most likely, it will depreciate almost completely.
Pages:
Jump to: