Pages:
Author

Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ? - page 9. (Read 8205 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 1
I think the massive natural disasters will have a negative impact on the price of bitcoin, and it will fall!
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
Well I guess it depends on the degree of damage or its effect to the country the most, I think yes there is indeed effect on the value of bitcoin..we have already been experience major and minor crisis but still bitcoin mangae to survive.
Activity: 142
Merit: 2
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy

It will definately affect the world market cap. Because instead of spending their money buying crypto currency, they would prefer to use it for their needs. Example the country have experience any types of disaster ofcourse people would prefer to buy the things that they really need instead of buying bitcoin. In this case if their is a huge volume of bitcoin then the price would decrease because bitcoin demand is very low. Thats how disaster affect the value of bitcoin.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
Of course, all the value and bitcoin demand would have dropped to zero, because people would taking all the money which was invested in bitcoin, whether it's fiat or cryptocurrency, if the whole world catches a global disaster, then everything will suffer completely, bitcoin does not go away from this, because bitcoin has no support for what to hold on.
Activity: 627
Merit: 14
Crypto Article Sharer!!!
In my opinion some things are direct and some things are indirectly involved. Bitcoin is indirectly involved in this.The disaster has been working indirectly. But I do not think that the price of Bitcoin is rising.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
It would surely mean the end of Bitcoin, as we would not be able to trade. But other negative effect would exist, so Bitcoin may wouldn't be our main concerne Smiley
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Definitely global disasters will affect the market value of Bitcoin because as we all know Bitcoin and cryptocurrency value fluctuations is determined by the demand and supply and at the same time technical issues.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
If it is a disaster for bitcoin then I think it could be just a catastrophic loss of internet or catastrophic global blackout, if we want to make a bitcoin purchase, sale or exchange transaction then it will not be possible if no internet and no electricity. I hope this is just suppose.
If that happens I think it’s almost the end of the world I know that some companies don’t blackout  because they need their operation running 24/7 so that goes to show it is also possible to not blackout in servers, etc.
Activity: 15
If it is a disaster for bitcoin then I think it could be just a catastrophic loss of internet or catastrophic global blackout, if we want to make a bitcoin purchase, sale or exchange transaction then it will not be possible if no internet and no electricity. I hope this is just suppose.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

given that financial sector is completely dependent on the internet, I don't think internet would be affected although there would be major disruption in network that may keep people from going online which would result in bitcoin price drop out of fear. There are other things to consider like location of "the great natural disaster" lol.
For influence there may be there, but the effect can be positive and negative in my opinion, the negative may be the electricity will be cut off including the internet connection when a disaster occurs and maybe it will make the market volume decrease, positive if the bank closes due to disaster people will find ways to save money safely namely in bitcoin
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
Hi ! First message here.

of course the price will decrease, no one is able to buy bitcoin in case there are disasters or natural calamities, even wars,  the law on supplies and demand, the demand will decrease so the price automatically drops too, what makes the price increase is not based on how stable the situations are, it is dictated by high demands , reverse it and the prices plunges.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
If there is any global disaster, such as the third world war, then even with the Internet, it is unlikely that the crypto currency will have any significance in this changed world. For the time of the war, I think, little will be forgotten about it. When our physical world collapses, things and necessities come to the fore. Paper money is losing its importance, the role of gold and other jewelry is growing. The Crypto currency should lose its value, because it is not part of our physical world and it will not be necessary to anyone in conditions of survival.
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
It all depends on who's affected and what the extent of the damage would be to said countries.

A big war right now would throw a large portion of the world into shambles for a while, and the longer it goes on the significantly more damaging it will be. As long as the internet is operating, Bitcoin will be able to proliferate, but there are so many individual variables that can affect whether or not Bitcoin would be good that it's next to impossible to determine either way.

A natural calamity or a disaster is one of an example that can decrease the Bitcoin's value. Depends on how many countries affected and where the disaster happens.
It could be a great loss towards people who will suffer on that time. There will be an absence of things needed in order to communicate with each other through social medias. But I know that people will find ways. We innovative anyways.

That is right they have relationship with each other, let us not just worry as things will turn out right this last quarter of the year and everything will be back to normal and the market will be great again, we just need to become intelligent with our decisions if we are going to invest or not.
Activity: 69
Bitcoin has no value when it comes to natural needs. And after/during a disaster, the only things needed are the natural needs and Bicoin would just have no use. It would be useful when the economy starts rebuilding.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
I do not think that global disaster can increase or decrease the value of bitcoin, the global disaster can only affect the physical condition like power supply, internet connection, and other things phisically
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
Hi ! First message here.

given that financial sector is completely dependent on the internet, I don't think internet would be affected although there would be major disruption in network that may keep people from going online which would result in bitcoin price drop out of fear. There are other things to consider like location of "the great natural disaster" lol.
Activity: 236
Merit: 10
It is a normal thing for a disaster to destabilize a place for a while. If the disaster happen in just one country it will not affect bitcoin value significantly since bitcoin is a global system. Though the impact will be felt if the country have much investors and bitcoin related companies.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
natural disaster like war or earth quake always has a way of affecting everything around it, we dont wish for none of it, but a third world war would greatly affect the value of bitcoin negetively.
But how? I can't still imagine that anything which is not connected to internet or web could have anything to say with crypto value?! Could you explain me this?

You do realize that a third world war would have a magnitude that would dwarf the previous two combine because of nuke access right? Everyone would be affected directly and indirectly and online connectivity itself may suffer in the aftermath of a nuclear war.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
I don't think so. I mean if the disaster is in a gloval level and people are liquidating their holdings left and right, then that kind of disaster could affect crypto currency. But if just one part of the world is experiencing it, i doubt that the market will move for them. I've heard that even an economic depression cannot affect crytpo currency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
natural disaster like war or earth quake always has a way of affecting everything around it, we dont wish for none of it, but a third world war would greatly affect the value of bitcoin negetively.
But how? I can't still imagine that anything which is not connected to internet or web could have anything to say with crypto value?! Could you explain me this?
Pages:
Jump to: