Pages:
Author

Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ? - page 30. (Read 8205 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 501
Chainjoes.com
global disater only big bitcoin user can take affect bitcoin price
example if disaster in china country , USA, or europa can affect to bitcoin price
because exchanger can't operational and many bitcoin user not transaction
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
To my view, bitcoin has proven to be almost immune to global events or fundamental information that generate great volatility in financial markets, that is why I don't think a global disaster can generate important moves in the bitcoin price.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
it's gonna be decades before bitcoin moves from speculative toy to safe haven. anyone who thinks otherwise is too far down the rabbit hole. if the shit really hit the fan people would be in cash or gold not toy internet money.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
If they have disaster in one country like tsunami, earthquake they affected the bitcoin price it mighty decrease why? In the natural disaster internet connection are loss so many people in the affected area does not use bitcoin until the they have internet connection and supply of electricity . and many people in the affected place that use bitcoin will sell it because they need money to restore their house, buy clothes , buy food and etc. I don' think if the global disaster will affect the price of bitcoin I don't know what way will affect if they have.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I think that in such a situation there would be a lot of political and economic instability in large countries, and in recent years we have noticed that when this type of instability increases, people begin to lose faith in governments and there is an increase in demand for Bitcoin. So I think chances are greater that the price will be benefited in such a scenario.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy

I dont think that either would have an impact on bitcoin, especially not a natural disaster.  If there was a massive economic collapse in some why which can usually come before a massive war then yeah maybe.  i hope neither happens tho  Shocked
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Its hard to say what will be the impact of those wars or any acts of God with the price of bitcoin. Since people are still into market of fiat, I'm thinking that of there would be effect maybe that's only minimal otherwise there's no effect at all.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 701
War would see an increase in bitcoins price but a natural disaster? I'm not sure. It depends how many places it affects since if it's just a small country or a few islands it wouldn't affect the price at all even if the people there had to spend all of their bitcoins.

natural disaster such as earthquake, tsunami, and the other big disaster will affect internet connection, and if the disaster is in the country which citizen are mostly bitcoin users, I think the price will decrease because of course demands will decrease too and spending bitcoin will decrease either.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
If a big war or natural disaster happened.

I think the value of basic amenities like water, food, shelter and energy(electricity, fuel) would increase.

The inflation on those items and things would increase dramatically.

The buying power & value of fiat and bitcoin would decrease as people became more survival oriented & the stability of everyday life deteriorated.
Activity: 882
Merit: 528
It depends on the type of disaster faced by earth.
But somehow i think it might decrease the value of bitcoin since people will need more money to buy a lot of supplies for future due to which they will sell the bitcoins and thus it will affect the price.
I hope it never happen  Grin
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1042
War would see an increase in bitcoins price but a natural disaster? I'm not sure. It depends how many places it affects since if it's just a small country or a few islands it wouldn't affect the price at all even if the people there had to spend all of their bitcoins.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
We have already war,terorism and disastears.Next upcoming events what will increase btc price will Brexit negotiations,if financial institution will have to leave London Citi we will have financial tornado
next will be French election at the end of Aprilm,J M Le Pen will propably goes to next round and all Europe and world will hold a breath,fear on markets will increase The end of EU and euro currency countdown will begin
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
It all depends on who's affected and what the extent of the damage would be to said countries.

A big war right now would throw a large portion of the world into shambles for a while, and the longer it goes on the significantly more damaging it will be. As long as the internet is operating, Bitcoin will be able to proliferate, but there are so many individual variables that can affect whether or not Bitcoin would be good that it's next to impossible to determine either way.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: