Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you play an 8 Pool game with BTC as game credit/betting? - page 2. (Read 2572 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I was thinking why a game where you can play based on skills doesn't exist yet, similar to 8 Ball Pool but with BTC (currently available at iTunes and Play stores). What do you guys think? Would you play a game of skill and bet on it? I'm not sure why games didn't catch up with BTC, many could become pro gamers, just as there are pro poker players.

yes, i really would play it, problem with games like this is because of bots that would play and get money, and that would be unfair so everyone avoids to create sites like this and of course everyone would be afraid to play there
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
I was thinking why a game where you can play based on skills doesn't exist yet, similar to 8 Ball Pool but with BTC (currently available at iTunes and Play stores). What do you guys think? Would you play a game of skill and bet on it? I'm not sure why games didn't catch up with BTC, many could become pro gamers, just as there are pro poker players.

I would love to . Hmm interesting idea ..  I will find a developer soon .
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
I agree and there already pro gamers, look at all the betting that goes on, and cheating/hacking won't be a problem you simply take all the cheaters money even if he deposited it. Banned for life lose all btc.

Yes I think some sort of security barrier even if it's a hassle could be implemented. For example you can only withdraw your BTC after you pass a verification process for the games you played. In real time I don't really know how you could avoid bots and hacks...
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
I agree and there already pro gamers, look at all the betting that goes on, and cheating/hacking won't be a problem you simply take all the cheaters money even if he deposited it. Banned for life lose all btc.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 502
really a good idea. I like to play games 8 ball pool. I would be very happy if could betting with bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
This is a good idea since i never see any gambling site here that has pool game.. if someone start a gamblign site pool game maybe you can get more traffics and players out there from other gamling site.. pool is base skill game.. and i love to play too in pool game.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
i will love that game,even i'm not master on Billiard,but i feel happy to play it,and i wish some dev make a billiard or other great game based android and paid with bitcoin when i'm become winner,but i dont think if there any dev that make application without ads or deposite  Sad
Activity: 784
I wouldn't play as a few others have said.  It is pretty much impossible to know who is on the other side of the game.  Many people would exploit bots, or use hacks and you wouldn't stand a chance at winning.  It is way to hard to make a skill based game and have people bet money on it online.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
i don't know how to play it but i am always open to new experiences if there is a learning page on the site.

especially when you say it is skill based i get more interested in trying it out.

http://www.miniclip.com/games/8-ball-pool-multiplayer/en/

It is like this game on the link try it and I think you will love it and if it involve gambling with it that requires payment or a betting on who's gonna win will be great added to the game that will try to use the skill of different players that uses bitcoin.

miniclip sounds familiar; is it a flash game?

anyways i will try it on PC when i get back home, thanks for the link.
Activity: 980
i don't know how to play it but i am always open to new experiences if there is a learning page on the site.

especially when you say it is skill based i get more interested in trying it out.

http://www.miniclip.com/games/8-ball-pool-multiplayer/en/

It is like this game on the link try it and I think you will love it and if it involve gambling with it that requires payment or a betting on who's gonna win will be great added to the game that will try to use the skill of different players that uses bitcoin.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...

Activity: 966
Of course i would like to play a skill game with btc as credit,
But there is no way a Game Developer gonna make this
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

well yes i would pay, because it is very unique and interesting, and it is really skill based game, not luck based on like dice game,

just problem would be people that creates bots, will be really annoying to play versus them because bot is usually stronger than human
legendary
Activity: 1568
Good idea there dude  Cheesy but there's alot of loopholes in that idea since most game would against bot from which the higher bet the stronger the bot like you will be finish or defeated without even taking a shot. Tongue

Yes from what I see the idea is well received but I think we all agree that the bot/script issue is a huge one. Imagine the possibilities not only for 8 pool of course but any skill base game (FPS, fighting, racing, etc) and now with all this new VR technology in the horizon. Some people mentioned that it can be done on location but of course that's not accesible for many, it would be more of a local championship, tournament, etc like many games have now.

The only way I see it working on the net is like I said, heavy bans and laws are needed for members using bots, which would be a form of scam or thief. I'm thinking of close to prosecution charges since a lot of money would be involved.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 547
Pugs are the best!
Good idea there dude  Cheesy but there's alot of loopholes in that idea since most game would against bot from which the higher bet the stronger the bot like you will be finish or defeated without even taking a shot. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1512
A few years ago I played the 8 ball pool game on yahoo I believe it was. After some time getiing up a bit in the ranks I started noticing players making a lot of insane shots, no everyone but about 1 in 10 players were insane. I got to looking around and found some videos of a cheat they were using that showed the exact angle and velocity to hit a certain shot, which was the reason for all the crazy shots. The way no money on the line and there were still people cheating. I don't think a game like this would work very well, I think cheaters would take over and just kill the whole game.

That's a good story, well for me it's clear now why a game like this doesn't exists but I only named it as an example, is there any other game based on skills that can be used? Perhaps even a more complex one like FPS, racing games, etc. I guess there's no way to bypass a script or bot doing its thing.

More complex games are even easier to cheat at/create cheat hacks for. FPS games are notorious for bots/hacks - Aimbots, wall hacks, speed hacks, etc.
I'm not much of a pool fan, but I would love to play and bet on more skill based games.  As many other people mentioned though, I would definitely be skeptical about whether or not I was playing against a bot/script or if there was a bug that was being used against me.

There will always be risks it would be down to how good the dev is and how well the community police the situation.  If the game is good players will want to protect it.

if that's the case then gambling can have scams too, well actually risk is not only apply to gambling it can also apply to your everyday life on your work, your community and sometimes people you are with for example in your work risking your self in if your work is illegal then your risking your reputation for it and working everyday and being night ship on work can risk your health.
Activity: 546
I'm not much of a pool fan, but I would love to play and bet on more skill based games.  As many other people mentioned though, I would definitely be skeptical about whether or not I was playing against a bot/script or if there was a bug that was being used against me.

There will always be risks it would be down to how good the dev is and how well the community police the situation.  If the game is good players will want to protect it.

Well I thing Bot in this kind of pool game is necessarily because you will need to try and practice you will need to know if the sensitivity of the ball is good or if that kind of trick shot will work, yes you can play even with bot and it is a free play kind of thing but I think the betting is not involve when your in training mode!
Activity: 616
I AM A SCAMMER
Pages:
Jump to: