Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] ATX PSU to 2.5 or 2.1/5.5mm 12V coaxial plug power cables [New Product!!] - page 8. (Read 68314 times)

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000
Anger is a gift.
Just a rough estimation would be around 150 or so, based on scanning through the post. Hell, between myself, wasubii, and ADutchGamer there is 100 cables. You got some work ahead of you Cablez. Good luck!
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
I'm interested in 8 PCI-E to barrel modular cables.  Any idea on ETA after ordering?

Thanks
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I would like to order enough for 60 miners in Scrypt mode (Just to help you gauge interest for BOM quantities)
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
As soon I as hear back from the my initiated quotes I will let you know what ball park we are in.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
@ADutchGamer - you read my mind. Smiley  Here is my modular cable design for ATX powering of gridseed miners.

Link: http://i.imgur.com/tw621Q4.jpg
IMG

You can see from the design that this setup allows for dual mode miners to run safely with only 3 plugs per PCIe and allows for expansion of up to 15 plugs for scrypt miners on a single PCIe connector from the PSU. It also works well for those with 10 units as it leaves a single plug free to power a 12V usb hub if needed.

I have pretty much finalized the design except for the actual lengths needed. I could really use some help on that from anyone who has these units. I need to know approximately how long 5 units are end to end similar to how they would be in a spotswood case and also how far apart the individual plugs on the units are (pitch).

I have been pointed to a manufacturing house and will be getting a quote in to them as soon as the BOM, final measurements and order tally are finished. Once that is done I should get the prototype for testing from them and have pricing for you guys. If you haven't already drop a message here or in PM about how many devices you will be powering so I can determine what size order to put in, thanks.

If you have any comments or questions please feel free.

Haha yeah and I will not discuss the things I saw there last night Tongue

I will probably be ordering these for at least 20 gridseeds so I'm curious about the (estimated)cost of sending these to the netherlands. (maybe make a list in the OP with estimations?)
Activity: 24
Thanks very much Mudflap, that is just what I needed. Smiley   I will tweak the final measurements a bit and issue a quote request with the manufacturer. Stay tuned.

Glad to be of help, don't forget my name when I order!!!!  Tongue
legendary
Thanks very much Mudflap, that is just what I needed. Smiley   I will tweak the final measurements a bit and issue a quote request with the manufacturer. Stay tuned.
Activity: 44
Merit: 1
I agree with incognitoworker. I plan on getting into scrypt mining with these and would like to see 12 miners per pcie plug. Please let me know if this will happen as well. I will keep watching the thread for updates.
And finally:-

http://s28.postimg.org/g2q8ka2wt/P1010043.jpg

Not sue if that guy is runing with or without the fans, but it should give you something to work with.....
Anger is a gift.
Looks awesome Cablez. Can't wait to grab some of these.
@ADutchGamer - you read my mind. Smiley  Here is my modular cable design for ATX powering of gridseed miners.

I have pretty much finalized the design except for the actual lengths needed. I could really use some help on that from anyone who has these units. I need to know approximately how long 5 units are end to end similar to how they would be in a spotswood case and also how far apart the individual plugs on the units are (pitch).

http://s30.postimg.org/g23ojeogh/P1010041.jpg

Hope this helps, PS I will join the queue for a cable. (running 12 miners, Contoller/PI and USB hub)
legendary
@ADutchGamer - you read my mind. Smiley  Here is my modular cable design for ATX powering of gridseed miners.

Link: http://i.imgur.com/tw621Q4.jpg

You can see from the design that this setup allows for dual mode miners to run safely with only 3 plugs per PCIe and allows for expansion of up to 15 plugs for scrypt miners on a single PCIe connector from the PSU. It also works well for those with 10 units as it leaves a single plug free to power a 12V usb hub if needed.

I have been pointed to a manufacturing house and will be getting a quote in to them as soon as the BOM, final measurements and order tally are finished. Once that is done I should get the prototype for testing from them and have pricing for you guys. If you haven't already drop a message here or in PM about how many devices you will be powering so I can determine what size order to put in, thanks.

If you have any comments or questions please feel free.
Activity: 43
I've been thinking about this and might have a solution(might be completely off as well).

If I understand this correctly you can pull the power for 5 dual gridseed miners or 15 scrypt gridseed miners off one PCIe port.

Why not take the simple route: create a cable for 5 dual miners and offer up extension cords of 3 plugs to make these work for scrypt miners. Give these clear names like: "gridseed power cord" and "gridseed SCRYPT extension". I think this should make this relatively idiot proof.

You might also be able to make a complete package(this is written without knowledge of the power usage for the hub and controller):
"gridseed power cord" with 4 dual miner plugs and added wires for the usb hub and controller.
"gridseed SCRYPT extension" with plugs for 4 gridseed devices.
maybe a power button/cable/whatever to turn on the PSU?

edit: To make this more modular you might be able to just go with the 5 plug power cord and offer extensions cords for controllers and usb hubs.
also: if people start daisychaining these extension cords and something blows up/burns I would think this is on them. You have tried to protect them (with the names)and they chose to ignore you

slightly different idea:
Default package:
"gridseed power cord" with 5 plugs that do not fit the gridseeds.
"gridseed dual mining plugs" converts unusable plug into dual miner plug

Optional extras/replacements for convertor plugs
"gridseed SCRYPT extension" with plugs for 3 or 4 gridseed devices.
"gridseed hub and controller extension" name says everything.(this could have different parts depending on the customers order/hardware)
power button to turn on the PSU
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the input, it is appreciated.  I currently have two designs that I am refining right now and am also recruiting some local help to get this done.

The first design is a simple 5 RA DC plug cable going to a single PCIe connector. I have to work out the the exact length and pitch needed for some flexibility in miner position. If anyone has some measurements on how long 5 miners are end to end 'a la Spotswood' please post it here. Also, if you could measure the power plug distance that would be helpful as well. Thanks.

The other design is a modular type cable that could have up to 15 plugs per PCIe connector. So far I am having trouble sourcing heavy duty parts for this but I am on it. The nice part about this design is if I can make it one would only need to purchase the PCIe adapter and up to 3 'splitters' depending on how many miners they have. This way I can have single plugs for dual miners and up to 5 plugs for scrypt ones all from a single PCIe wire pair.

What do you guys think about these ideas? I will try to put up basic drawings later to give a feel for the designs but right now I must get back to work. Later

Sounds awesome, a complete kit with powercable for TP-Link/Rasp Pi-Controller, Powercables for those Gridseed miners & Power supply to an USB Hub. I think that's what we need.
Anger is a gift.
I would be interested in enough cables for 20 Gridseed's in scrypt mode only.
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
I would be statisfied with a gridseed cable with 5-10 plugs ... 1 m size.

... need at least 10-20 of them ...
I wish to buy also this kind of cable X 10 from ATX PSU to Gridseed unit. Shoud I PM or how this works best?
( QTY 4 PSU Modular or PCI-E to 3 barrel plug cables. )
Activity: 736
Merit: 500
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the input, it is appreciated.  I currently have two designs that I am refining right now and am also recruiting some local help to get this done.

The first design is a simple 5 RA DC plug cable going to a single PCIe connector. I have to work out the the exact length and pitch needed for some flexibility in miner position. If anyone has some measurements on how long 5 miners are end to end 'a la Spotswood' please post it here. Also, if you could measure the power plug distance that would be helpful as well. Thanks.

The other design is a modular type cable that could have up to 15 plugs per PCIe connector. So far I am having trouble sourcing heavy duty parts for this but I am on it. The nice part about this design is if I can make it one would only need to purchase the PCIe adapter and up to 3 'splitters' depending on how many miners they have. This way I can have single plugs for dual miners and up to 5 plugs for scrypt ones all from a single PCIe wire pair.

What do you guys think about these ideas? I will try to put up basic drawings later to give a feel for the designs but right now I must get back to work. Later

I would love 15 plugs per PCIe connector!
Only scrypt mining anyway.
Activity: 434
Merit: 265

Very very interesting idear ... looking forward to it ...
legendary
Hey guys,

Pages:
Jump to: