Pages:
Author

Topic: www.bitcoinza.com - BitFury Asic Units! - page 3. (Read 15564 times)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10
For the Community! By the Community!
August 07, 2013, 12:52:20 PM
A Great thanks to Dawie for answering so many of the questions so far. Smiley

Things are looking good guys. Having an investor meeting this coming weekend and then will have big feedback for everyone. Including our pricing structure.

The unit specs. And also the pre-order with date estimations. We are also finalizing everything with bitpay for our online BTC cart, and are trying to get the bitpay fullfillment by amazon. So our website will also undergo a complete redesign.

That means. Payment can be made with BTC, and will be shipped and handled by amazon Smiley which will mean we will be shipping worldwide.

I am also glad to say that the local demand for the units has been great and we are glad that we can be the ones bringing ASIC miners. Into Africa and South Africa.

BTC WORLDWIDE FTW.

Ontop of all that. We are also part of the newly formed African Bitcoin foundation. (started here in SA) and will be working hand in hand with them to get BTC awareness and major projects rolling forward.

Great stuff guys. Thanks to the community for giving us this opportunity.

For the community, By the community!!
Activity: 115
BTC for a better world
August 07, 2013, 12:40:43 PM
Phill - Lekker om jou te ontmoet man  Cheesy
Pop a mail to us at [email protected] with the type of unit you have in mind and we will put your name in the list so long.  The requests are starting to stream in and we need to keep track until we go live.
Namibia- Awesome.  My dad is from Windhoek.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
BTC in Namibia
August 07, 2013, 12:35:00 PM
Hi

Am in Windhoek, Namibia. Preorders?
Activity: 115
BTC for a better world
August 07, 2013, 12:09:21 PM
Amen to that kmtan!  We don't want to make the same mistakes if we could learn from the community.  Good feedback.
Great seeing a member of the Foundation on our thread.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I love Bitcoin
August 07, 2013, 11:23:52 AM
August 07, 2013, 04:24:06 AM
Hi Leadnor,

Do you have any specs on full units, IE power rating in Watts etc, I'm mainly asking with regard to the 100GHS unit. Also, without doing my research (I apologize), are you taking pre-orders yet and will detail be posted in this forum?

Thanks,
Jeff

yes all the details will be posted on this forum and our pre-orders open within one week Smiley

We have decided to go into talks with Cscape regarding his Control chip and PCB designs. we are just finalizing that part then we will have everything ready.

The power consumption at this point is under 1Wper GH/s which is Cscape estimations and testing at this point.

Things are looking good guys. Smiley

Is this the S-HASH board with a 50A power regulator?

Yep we are looking into using their design and control chips. Bitfury also said that they are a good option to use so we will give them a shot during our testing phase Smiley
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
August 06, 2013, 07:33:30 AM
Hi Leadnor,

Do you have any specs on full units, IE power rating in Watts etc, I'm mainly asking with regard to the 100GHS unit. Also, without doing my research (I apologize), are you taking pre-orders yet and will detail be posted in this forum?

Thanks,
Jeff

yes all the details will be posted on this forum and our pre-orders open within one week Smiley

We have decided to go into talks with Cscape regarding his Control chip and PCB designs. we are just finalizing that part then we will have everything ready.

The power consumption at this point is under 1Wper GH/s which is Cscape estimations and testing at this point.

Is this the S-HASH board with a 50A power regulator?
August 06, 2013, 06:49:35 AM
Hi Leadnor,

Thanks,
Jeff

Activity: 251
August 05, 2013, 07:45:24 PM
Hi Leadnor,

Thanks,
Jeff
Activity: 71
August 05, 2013, 08:37:23 AM
Hi Leadnor!

How are things coming along?

It seems you guys are on track!!

Have a great day!

Cheers

Hey Icebear, Here is the latest information we have. Also posted on our facebook page.

We are still waiting for a few items to come into line for the final pricing and shopping cart but we plan on having an open cart on approximately the 12th.
 We are undertaking a website re-design so will let you know when that is live.
 Initial sales and unit reserve are good we have more than half our stock labeled as "sold"

remember to subscribe to this page and keep the comments flowing on the forum
:

Thats great news!

Thanks for the feedback!

have a great day!
August 04, 2013, 06:13:54 AM
Understood. Thanks for the quick reply! Timing works out better for me whatever I decide.

What is very helpful in your case is that Bitfury doesn't have to rely on anyone else for chips.

Hi DyslexicZombei,

Yeah it is nice that bitfury doesnt rely on anyone else for his chips Smiley He has been a real help to us regarding our startup, and also to get bitcoin asics into Africa, which is awesome. I respect him a lot.

Activity: 364
August 03, 2013, 02:38:17 PM
Understood. Thanks for the quick reply! Timing works out better for me whatever I decide.

What is very helpful in your case is that Bitfury doesn't have to rely on anyone else for chips.
August 03, 2013, 12:01:16 PM
Hi leadnor,

I know us miners are an impatient bunch but: any update on the Oct./Nov. delivery estimate?

Your guys pricing is excellent but the network difficult difference between the beginning of October & November could be anywhere from 100-300% for all we know with all the new ASIC miners coming online. I'm trying to make up my mind on where to order my next rig & my funds become available right around the time your store opens for orders. Thanks!

Hi,

I will have an update regarding our units early next week Smiley everything is still looking good for a Oct/nov delivery date though. I understand that the network difficulty could be a lot higher. that is true. Wish I could do something about that Smiley

Activity: 364
August 03, 2013, 05:26:19 AM
Hi leadnor,

I know us miners are an impatient bunch but: any update on the Oct./Nov. delivery estimate?

Your guys pricing is excellent but the network difficult difference between the beginning of October & November could be anywhere from 100-300% for all we know with all the new ASIC miners coming online. I'm trying to make up my mind on where to order my next rig & my funds become available right around the time your store opens for orders. Thanks!
August 02, 2013, 03:25:42 AM
Hi Leadnor!

Have a great day!

Cheers

Hey Icebear, Here is the latest information we have. Also posted on our facebook page.

We are still waiting for a few items to come into line for the final pricing and shopping cart but we plan on having an open cart on approximately the 12th.
 We are undertaking a website re-design so will let you know when that is live.
 Initial sales and unit reserve are good we have more than half our stock labeled as "sold"

remember to subscribe to this page and keep the comments flowing on the forum
:
Activity: 71
August 01, 2013, 10:26:50 AM
Hi Leadnor!

Have a great day!

Cheers
Well, I just wanted to know.

I am not a very big android fan. The Minepeon release is Linux based. It's designed for the ARM processor the Pi holds. Nice thing about Minepeon is, you don't need a screen, keyboard and mouse connected to the Pi. You type the ip address of the Pi into your pc web browser and login. From there you can set pools, see graphs, etc.

I like that method a bit more. Less clutter.

Understood and will defn keep that in mind. Smiley thanks a bunch
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Well, I just wanted to know.

I am not a very big android fan. The Minepeon release is Linux based. It's designed for the ARM processor the Pi holds. Nice thing about Minepeon is, you don't need a screen, keyboard and mouse connected to the Pi. You type the ip address of the Pi into your pc web browser and login. From there you can set pools, see graphs, etc.

I like that method a bit more. Less clutter.
Another few questions,

I noticed on your website you will be using the Raspberry Pi (included with the ASIC). Will you develop your own OS or will you go with the Minepeon release?

If you develop your own, will it be Linux or android based?

Hi Smiley

We are in chats with Bitfury regarding this. As to what will be the best method/OS to use. We will also test. I dont think that it will make that big of a difference. But it is a good Q, will look into putting this up on the site as well as soon as we have an answer Smiley Feel free to comment on this and to give suggestions with reasoning behind it etc. Smiley

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Another few questions,

I noticed on your website you will be using the Raspberry Pi (included with the ASIC). Will you develop your own OS or will you go with the Minepeon release?

If you develop your own, will it be Linux or android based?
Pages:
Jump to: