Author

Topic: www.gcn.zone or www.gcncoin.com our exchange is called www.ircex.com - page 115. (Read 210860 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1009
Greg, I haven't received the sms from GCar app after signup..
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.
I understand what you mean ok. GCar would be like GShop instead. People willing to accept GCoin would put their
details and location in. Then customers would then know where to go.

I would estimate the following costs / needs.
Re-program GCar to be GShop, setup and host for 12 months $1000+ (the logo alone is $120)
Promotion via Facebook in the area $1000+ and a support group locally
I think you would need an office on the ground as a starting point.
Peter in World of electronics invests in these things but I'm not sure if
he's looking for idea's at the moment.
I think this would be a very very big undertaking for someone. An interesting idea ok.

Best
Greg.

This is pretty much right. The current (major) problem though lie in the fact that no one can buy ANYTHING outside of Greece with their money (except if they go for a trip - or pay with BTC). Thus it would be virtually impossible to fund such a business (even at those costs which are very small IMHO, I couldn't fund my part Sad ).

Setting up an office here would have to be the worst part though; according to the proposed measures a new business will be eligible for a 29% Tax. Plus some legal advice concerning the "money transmit" issues (no clear legal background about this). So, I'd say this could only be orchestrated as a kickstarter project maybe ?...

I really can't say in what way such a thing will work out under the current economic situation in Greece. Sad
legendary
Activity: 1472
Merit: 1001
www.gcn.zone
for getting a start,may be dev team can try to distribute/giveaway  via FB to Greek's community

give them a tool then they might be find the way out

The idea is pretty simple here. The app you have with very few modifications could very well serve the cause. People who have this kind of payments enabled could be "transaction hotspots" or if you prefer "POS".

For instance: I want to buy a glass of homemade lemonade and I'm looking who's on my territory has it. I click on the icon, I see the price and order my lemonade. We can then meet at a specific point via text message or if it's a shop I just go visit and scan his QR code and pay via GCN. This could be then extrapolated to a virtual bazaar of used stuff like old cells or computers.

Distribution: Marketing is King here. FB is the way to do it maybe even integrate the "list of friends" and get the job done via fb tips etc.

Hi

I understand what you mean ok. GCar would be like GShop instead. People willing to accept GCoin would put their
details and location in. Then customers would then know where to go.

I would estimate the following costs / needs.
Re-program GCar to be GShop, setup and host for 12 months $1000+ (the logo alone is $120)
Promotion via Facebook in the area $1000+ and a support group locally
I think you would need an office on the ground as a starting point.
Peter in World of electronics invests in these things but I'm not sure if
he's looking for idea's at the moment.
I think this would be a very very big undertaking for someone. An interesting idea ok.

Best
Greg.

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
And hey, the G in GCoin could be Greglab, or Greece, or Greek or Greco... little bit of rebranding and we're off to the races.
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
for getting a start,may be dev team can try to distribute/giveaway  via FB to Greek's community

The idea is pretty simple here. The app you have with very few modifications could very well serve the cause. People who have this kind of payments enabled could be "transaction hotspots" or if you prefer "POS".

For instance: I want to buy a glass of homemade lemonade and I'm looking who's on my territory has it. I click on the icon, I see the price and order my lemonade. We can then meet at a specific point via text message or if it's a shop I just go visit and scan his QR code and pay via GCN. This could be then extrapolated to a virtual bazaar of used stuff like old cells or computers.

Distribution: Marketing is King here. FB is the way to do it maybe even integrate the "list of friends" and get the job done via fb tips etc.
Activity: 654
Merit: 500
Hi

Are debit and credit cards operational as normal or do shops need to use the POS systems you mentioned ?
I find the situation in Greece very complicated. I guess mostly because I'm not there to see what people are
feeling and how they are operating on the ground. Do people have any sort of plan or is just a completely
see what happens situation and work it out as it comes ?

Best
Greg

Hi.

Debit and credit cards are operational here almost on every shop that has a POS. Most possibly if the EU decides in favor of more austerity, we will have to operate with those for the months to come. Liquidity is scarce already (small bills mainly) and there are people that have no ability to withdraw money from their accounts via the ATM machines (lack of 20EUR bills). The plan is that "life will go on" even without money as we know it. There are rumors that the Greek government already has plans about blockchain solutions (with whatever that means).

Regards.

Hi

I was having a think about what you were saying. While the situation seems somewhat ideal for a crypto currency to find
a worthwhile purpose in Greece I can't figure exactly how someone would implement it. I think it would cost a lot to do as
well. How would you see such a plan materialising, what would it cost and where could we find someone to finance it ?
These are the first questions that I think of.

legendary
www.gcn.zone
Hi

Are debit and credit cards operational as normal or do shops need to use the POS systems you mentioned ?
I find the situation in Greece very complicated. I guess mostly because I'm not there to see what people are
feeling and how they are operating on the ground. Do people have any sort of plan or is just a completely

Best
Greg

Hi.

Debit and credit cards are operational here almost on every shop that has a POS. Most possibly if the EU decides in favor of more austerity, we will have to operate with those for the months to come. Liquidity is scarce already (small bills mainly) and there are people that have no ability to withdraw money from their accounts via the ATM machines (lack of 20EUR bills). The plan is that "life will go on" even without money as we know it. There are rumors that the Greek government already has plans about blockchain solutions (with whatever that means).

Regards.

Hi

I was having a think about what you were saying. While the situation seems somewhat ideal for a crypto currency to find
a worthwhile purpose in Greece I can't figure exactly how someone would implement it. I think it would cost a lot to do as
well. How would you see such a plan materialising, what would it cost and where could we find someone to finance it ?
These are the first questions that I think of.

legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
Hi

Best
Greg

Hi.

Regards.
legendary
www.gcn.zone
legendary
www.gcn.zone
Hi Macsga,

I think the only thing the general population would use would be the Euro or the old Drachma. I reckon
the crypto currencies are a bit tricky for most people to follow yet. In Ireland most commercial property
has lost 90% of it's value, the banks rarely loan money now and half the people here owe much more than
they own. I know you guys are having it a lot harder ok. Hopefully things will get better soon. I guess your
idea might work if someone promoted a such a system locally in Greece with Bitcoin.

Best
Greg

I beg to differ; the reason is that for the last 5 days everybody knows that they can't go on living by withdrawing 60eur per day. Most of us are using our debit/credit cards to fill up our gas tanks, buy food from the supermarkets and do basic - everyday stuff. In this case the tech-savvy ones present no significant difference with the technophobic ones.

Also there's a huge hype about POS systems like this. They're cheap, easy to use and deliver the "most wanted" material-less liquidity. What I thought was different though; I faced myself many times throughout this crisis in Greece the fact that I don't know if the X shop has a POS system for my card. With your app this should be a + point and most possibly could make a nice hype if you'd implemented it.

Imagine it like a "social network of payments" via a GPS enabled grid to know who's around and what is offering.

Cheers.

Hi

Best
Greg
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.
Hi Macsga,

I think the only thing the general population would use would be the Euro or the old Drachma. I reckon
the crypto currencies are a bit tricky for most people to follow yet. In Ireland most commercial property
has lost 90% of it's value, the banks rarely loan money now and half the people here owe much more than
they own. I know you guys are having it a lot harder ok. Hopefully things will get better soon. I guess your
idea might work if someone promoted a such a system locally in Greece with Bitcoin.

Best
Greg

I beg to differ; the reason is that for the last 5 days everybody knows that they can't go on living by withdrawing 60eur per day. Most of us are using our debit/credit cards to fill up our gas tanks, buy food from the supermarkets and do basic - everyday stuff. In this case the tech-savvy ones present no significant difference with the technophobic ones.

Also there's a huge hype about POS systems like this. They're cheap, easy to use and deliver the "most wanted" material-less liquidity. What I thought was different though; I faced myself many times throughout this crisis in Greece the fact that I don't know if the X shop has a POS system for my card. With your app this should be a + point and most possibly could make a nice hype if you'd implemented it.

Imagine it like a "social network of payments" via a GPS enabled grid to know who's around and what is offering.

Cheers.
legendary
www.gcn.zone
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcar&hl=en

Hi, would any Android users like to help me test my new transport app ? It's like Hailo but the customers make an offer for the job.
I'll be happy to pay some GCoins for the work Smiley

Is this what I think it is? A personal taxi app with GCN payments? Damn... that looks really cool!

Hi Macsga,

No, there are no GCoin payments here for the moment.
This is only a meeting place.

Best
Greg

Facing the lack of money here in Greece, this comes to my head as a bright idea. This app could very well work out as a P2P payment among people who want to use it for ie: buying groceries or filling up their car with fuel. The only thing people will have to do is to download the app and everybody knows which shop or who accepts GCN for payments.

I don't know if you find this a great idea too, but I think this could be a nice alternative towards missing euros and make the people here in Greece have a viable way of making and receiving payments "off grid" and by not having to stand in line at the banks trying to withdraw 60eur per day. Think about it. This is needed right now!

Hi Macsga,

Best
Greg

legendary
Strange, yet attractive.

Hi, would any Android users like to help me test my new transport app ? It's like Hailo but the customers make an offer for the job.

Is this what I think it is? A personal taxi app with GCN payments? Damn... that looks really cool!

Hi Macsga,

Best
Greg

Facing the lack of money here in Greece, this comes to my head as a bright idea. This app could very well work out as a P2P payment among people who want to use it for ie: buying groceries or filling up their car with fuel. The only thing people will have to do is to download the app and everybody knows which shop or who accepts GCN for payments.

I don't know if you find this a great idea too, but I think this could be a nice alternative towards missing euros and make the people here in Greece have a viable way of making and receiving payments "off grid" and by not having to stand in line at the banks trying to withdraw 60eur per day. Think about it. This is needed right now!
legendary
www.gcn.zone

Hi Macsga,

Best
Greg
legendary
Strange, yet attractive.

legendary
www.gcn.zone

legendary
www.gcn.zone

I'll put reminders on Twitter / Facebook and www.gcoin.us.
legendary
www.gcn.zone
Hi Guys,

We're getting really great results from our adds. Really helping to cover our server costs.
Don't forget to click the odd one Wink

Best
Greg
www.gcoin.us
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1153
sutekthemad: Prize sent Smiley

I'll look into that check bandwidth issue.

Smiley

thanks for fixing the bandwidth problem, it's working fine now  Grin
Jump to: