Pages:
Author

Topic: Wyvern - Autonomously Governed Decentralized Digital Asset Exchange - page 11. (Read 7977 times)

Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Will Wyvern be switching to a new algorithm? Or are the contracts on the Ethereum blockchain going to be separate from the current Nist5 mining algorithm?

Once an ERC20 token, Wyvern will no longer be mined directly, as its chain security will be provided by Ethereum.

Is there any information as to what will happen with current Wyvern coins? Will there be a swap, and if so, at what ratio? Thanks!

Nevermind, I found the information.... I think I had a brain freeze reading through the last page or so of posts the first time. :p

No worries; let me know if anything is unclear. We're currently working with auditors to make sure the token port process is secure; it will likely take place in a week or two.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Will Wyvern be switching to a new algorithm? Or are the contracts on the Ethereum blockchain going to be separate from the current Nist5 mining algorithm?

Once an ERC20 token, Wyvern will no longer be mined directly, as its chain security will be provided by Ethereum.

Is there any information as to what will happen with current Wyvern coins? Will there be a swap, and if so, at what ratio? Thanks!

Nevermind, I found the information.... I think I had a brain freeze reading through the last page or so of posts the first time. :p

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
Project Wyvern is hiring smart contract auditors on Ethlance to audit the first set of contracts we intend to deploy - https://ethlance.com/#/job/273. If you're a Solidity expert, submit a bid!
I remember mining this coin a bit when it came out. What happened the original dev scam exited?

No - he realized he didn't have the ability to pursue the project and refunded contributors. I took it over - for free - as I think the concept has promise as a decentralized application.
hah
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
I remember mining this coin a bit when it came out. What happened the original dev scam exited?
Are not you afraid that when you move to the ERC20 token, any interest will be lost to your coin? And you will sit on a bag of money and you will not be able to sell them.

Moving to an ERC20 token will allow us to run the Wyvern Exchange - which we expect in the long run to provide utility and drive far more interest.
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
I even don't know what cheep/free exchange supports ERC20 token. I'm afraid coinexchange will delist WYV and will not add new coin-token for free.

I think you have got too many bad feelings about the WYV ERC20 token. Do you know etherdelta exchange?
Activity: 1092
Merit: 273
I even don't know what cheep/free exchange supports ERC20 token. I'm afraid coinexchange will delist WYV and will not add new coin-token for free.
Activity: 149
Are not you afraid that when you move to the ERC20 token, any interest will be lost to your coin? And you will sit on a bag of money and you will not be able to sell them.
Activity: 149
Dev what happened. Official Dev Pool - pool.projectwyvern does not work
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
How much time you need on maturing of a coin in a purse?
Have passed 1 days, and still I don't participate in a share. Writes that there are no ripened coins.
Good day!

Tokens must be stay on my wyvern desktop wallet for conversion to ERC20 token, right ?

What is the day for conversion to ERC20 token ?

Thank you.

Yep - keep WYV in your wallet and you'll be all set. No set date yet - we want to contract out a smart contract security audit first, we're in the process of finding an auditor. Probably in a few weeks (exchange development continues in parallel).
Activity: 106
Merit: 12
Hi guys,

Is Nist5 algorithm AMD-friendly? I have some AMD graphic cards and want to mine the Wyvern coin.

I don't know of any NIST5 AMD miners, but that may be more due to the rarity of the algorithm than a hardware capability imbalance. There's not much time left to mine Wyvern anyways though - once we port to an ERC20 token mining will no longer be necessary.

Relatedly, over 50% of tokenholders are now voting in favor of the ERC20 port - https://vote.projectwyvern.com/ - meaning it passes! More updates to come tomorrow.
Hi,

What did you mean? We, investors, miners, can only buy the coins, which might become an ERC20 token in the near future. If the vote becomes true, it will be the token, not a mineable coin anymore.

We're moving the Wyvern ledger to an ERC20 token - the Medium post gives an overview of why.

Once Wyvern is an ERC20 token, there's no need for mining - mining is necessary to incentivize network security, and as an ERC20 token Wyvern's network security will be provided by Ethereum (so it'll be much more secure than it is at the moment).

If you have Wyvern coins now, those coins will be convertable into WYV ERC20 tokens proportionally - so if you have 10 WYV now, you'll have 10 WYV tokens when we switch ledgers (or possibly 100, there might be a multiplier, but the rate will be proportional).

Does that make sense?
The after the convert finished, those tokens will be traded on exchanges designed for ERC20 tokens, like Ether Delta?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Good day!

Tokens must be stay on my wyvern desktop wallet for conversion to ERC20 token, right ?

What is the day for conversion to ERC20 token ?

Thank you.

The after the convert finished, those tokens will be traded on exchanges designed for ERC20 tokens, like Ether Delta?

Yes - after the conversion is finished, Wyvern will be a standard ERC20 token, usable in all the ways standard ERC20 tokens can be used (e.g. Etherdelta).
Activity: 106
Merit: 12
Hi guys,

Is Nist5 algorithm AMD-friendly? I have some AMD graphic cards and want to mine the Wyvern coin.

I don't know of any NIST5 AMD miners, but that may be more due to the rarity of the algorithm than a hardware capability imbalance. There's not much time left to mine Wyvern anyways though - once we port to an ERC20 token mining will no longer be necessary.

Relatedly, over 50% of tokenholders are now voting in favor of the ERC20 port - https://vote.projectwyvern.com/ - meaning it passes! More updates to come tomorrow.
Hi,

What did you mean? We, investors, miners, can only buy the coins, which might become an ERC20 token in the near future. If the vote becomes true, it will be the token, not a mineable coin anymore.
Activity: 464
Merit: 13
Hi guys,

Hi,

We're moving the Wyvern ledger to an ERC20 token - the Medium post gives an overview of why.

Once Wyvern is an ERC20 token, there's no need for mining - mining is necessary to incentivize network security, and as an ERC20 token Wyvern's network security will be provided by Ethereum (so it'll be much more secure than it is at the moment).

If you have Wyvern coins now, those coins will be convertable into WYV ERC20 tokens proportionally - so if you have 10 WYV now, you'll have 10 WYV tokens when we switch ledgers (or possibly 100, there might be a multiplier, but the rate will be proportional).

Does that make sense?

Yes thank you!
Pages:
Jump to: