Pages:
Author

Topic: $XAI Sapience AIFX - Decentralized AI | 11% PoS | PlumeDB,IBTP on Testnet - page 88. (Read 150229 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
There are no excuces in my eyes for what he did, even the first extension was not intented, but I said ok...
Changing the rules of the game in these times of crypto scams and all? WTF?
Given out his identity? That doesn't mean shit tbh, look at mintpal, we all know who they are, and how's that help with gettin' funds back from mint? It doesn't!  
I am pissed as hell

We haven't changed any rules of the game, it is just a one week extension on the crowd sale window.  That's it.

That's it?
hmm, ok.
edit: you have no clue I guess what you did with this decision...
Activity: 270
There are no excuces in my eyes for what he did, even the first extension was not intented, but I said ok...
Given out his identity? That doesn't mean shit tbh, look at mintpal, we all know who they are, and how's that help with gettin' funds back from mint? It doesn't!  
I am pissed as hell

We haven't changed any rules of the game, it is just a one week extension on the crowd sale window.  That's it.
I am pissed as hell
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
I am not particularly thrilled by the extra week added to the ICO as the extension does somewhat dilute my investment.  Tongue

Maybe the ICO could have been extended a couple more days not another whole week.

However, I don't think it is a huge problem. The more people on board the better in many ways.

Let us not discredit the dev. simply because of the ICO getting extended again. That would be totally unfair in my opinion, especially if people have been contacting him asking for an extension.

And more importantly lets not taint the prospects of the project for something as minor as a, relatively, small ICO extension.

This could be big - lets not kill it before we start.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
To the people arguing that this project needs more funds because of its magnitude: You now better than the dev? he said 40btc would be enough.  Roll Eyes

You really don't get it do you?

Here..

https://www.cbinsights.com/blog/artificial-intelligence-venture-capital/

"2013 saw investors deploy $581M across 142 deals to startups in the AI landscape. Q2 2013 marked the largest quarter over the past five years for AI investments with companies including Anki, Tempo AI and Skytree raise funding. Of note, funding to AI-related companies nearly tripled over the past five years – rising from $178M in 2009."

Those AI startups received on average $3,000,000 in funding per project.

That is not the point, I don't doubt such things are worth millions in that context and perhaps in this one as well one day.

The point is he set a funding threshold where he would consider the crowd-fund a success, based on whatever parameters that only he knows, be it low or high, it was apparently enough for him to go through with his project.

He seems honest and open about his intentions with no apparent signs of greed, that and he not hiding his identity is what sold me into XQN. If he had come up with this argument first (not enough) it would have been completely different scenario and probably people would've understood - don't pretend to know what is better for him and what kind of budget he needs upfront - seems he's being manipulated and of course he won't turn his  back on more btc if a couple of member insist for their own benefit. He as the dev has the power to make some very good profit from both his coins if he commits to them, delivers and does not end up abandoning them - You know? like the good ol' days before the ICO trend.

How do you figure more btc invested doesn't benefit you in the long run?

I see a bunch of people looking to hype this coin short term for a quick buck.

You can't all be serious when you say you've lost all hope in the project because of another extension..

I'd rather have some bad communication in the beginning than see the project fail due to funding issues.

Neo666, I respect your opinion, I'm just saying that this guy has given out his identity and credentials and he loses all credibility by wanting to give his project the best chance at success, which happens to involve an extension or two?

It's one week guys..

Edit:

Please show me a few comparable projects that have succeeded with 55btc ico?
As far as I can tell, anything comparable has 100's of btc invested.

Had we stopped first week, we wouldn't of had the funds to continue.. Now the project starts getting the attention it deserves and everyone freaks out they won't have a 10% share of an AI that could revolutionize crypto.

This is normally a million dollar project that everyone expects to be completed for pennies on the dollar.

The dev has offered to appease early adopters with a 20% increase in price.

There was never a minimum of funds, just devs words it would need a 25 btc. Also said get project going no mather the funds gathered
Dev lost credibility for saying anything now, mess all things up allready...
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
To the people arguing that this project needs more funds because of its magnitude: You now better than the dev? he said 40btc would be enough.  Roll Eyes

Here..

"2013 saw investors deploy $581M across 142 deals to startups in the AI landscape. Q2 2013 marked the largest quarter over the past five years for AI investments with companies including Anki, Tempo AI and Skytree raise funding. Of note, funding to AI-related companies nearly tripled over the past five years – rising from $178M in 2009."

That is not the point, I don't doubt such things are worth millions in that context and perhaps in this one as well one day.

The point is he set a funding threshold where he would consider the crowd-fund a success, based on whatever parameters that only he knows, be it low or high, it was apparently enough for him to go through with his project.

He seems honest and open about his intentions with no apparent signs of greed, that and he not hiding his identity is what sold me into XQN. If he had come up with this argument first (not enough) it would have been completely different scenario and probably people would've understood - don't pretend to know what is better for him and what kind of budget he needs upfront - seems he's being manipulated and of course he won't turn his  back on more btc if a couple of member insist for their own benefit. He as the dev has the power to make some very good profit from both his coins if he commits to them, delivers and does not end up abandoning them - You know? like the good ol' days before the ICO trend.
legendary
Had we stopped first week, we wouldn't of had the funds to continue.. Now the project starts getting the attention it deserves and everyone freaks out they won't have a 10% share of an AI that could revolutionize crypto.

This is normally a million dollar project that everyone expects to be completed for pennies on the dollar.

The dev has offered to appease early adopters with a 20% increase in price.
So now there's three classes of stakeholders:
1- first week paid
2- second week paid
3- third week paid

So who gets the bonus? Seems like first week guys deserve more like 40%, second week 20%, the rest get no bonus .... but what a mess. You really took a large steaming  dump on your credibility, and so this whole project.

If you say 'cut-off details are ....' you need to stick to them, otherwise people get pissed off and call you out as a greedy lying scum bag.

Exactly!
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
So now there's three classes of stakeholders:
1- first week paid
2- second week paid
3- third week paid

So who gets the bonus? Seems like first week guys deserve more like 40%, second week 20%, the rest get no bonus .... but what a mess. You really took a large steaming  dump on your credibility, and so this whole project.

If you say 'cut-off details are ....' you need to stick to them, otherwise people get pissed off and call you out as a greedy lying scum bag.
You lost credibility in my eyes with such decisions, not sure if it means something to you but yeah....
Early adopters were in first week, as we belive in your project from start! And we should be rewarded for that!

edit: I support project from the start, same XQN, promote it, and now I feel very dissapointed, and I know I'm not the only one! Decision you made in the first week of extension was bad, but this...you get all my watts...
If you change the rules of the game, change it also that way so we can refund!
Activity: 334
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
Very disappointing, Dev is being greedy now! He posted 40 BTCs would be ideal, he gets 50 BTCs but yet extended for another week!
I'm just trying to please the most people, and give everyone who wants to participate the opportunity to do so.

We understand you need more btc to fund this project. Definitely. However this last minute decision for extension(twice) really makes early investors disappointed and question the integrity of your words. Trust and faith in the dev is the most important thing in crypto.

I have a suggestion that will help early investors and at the same time, u can still gather more btc funding for 1more week(I hope it's really 1 more week). Win-Win solution.

Early investors that invested in the crowdsale for the past 2 weeks are rewarded with a 20% bonus. In other words, increase the price of $XAI for this final week.

0.00024 XAI/BTC

+1
I am ok with the idea of a 20% bonus.  I snapshotted the sales as of midnight, so we could do that.  Would that be amenable?

If the 20% bonus is decided, it's best to update the OP and website about this so that new and old investors are well informed. In twitter too. Best to settle everything first before making the crowdsale available to avoid any misunderstanding from new investors (you wouldn't want to piss off both old and new investors)
@ dev

how much BTC exactly do you want ?

what if in this extension, only increasing slightly, do you need another extended again ?

There will not be another extension.

I've been conversing with so many people today all day long who were pleading for a little more time, so I made the call that I believe is right for both the project and the investors.  I apologize if that led to any disappointment for anyone.  But in the long run it provides a window for certain interested parties to get involved, and that will bring help on the publicity front that will benefit everyone after the crowd sale has closed.

WTF are you doing? Yes as an early investor I lost quite a bit in % because of this decisions...and another week and another....wtf man? Let's keep it open then whole year, and you'll get like 1000btc.
If you extend, there is gotta be an option to refund or we who invest in first week, should benefit in some way!
@ dev

what if in this extension, only increasing slightly, do you need another extended again ?

I've been conversing with so many people today all day long who were pleading for a little more time, so I made the call that I believe is right for both the project and the investors.  I apologize if that led to any disappointment for anyone.  But in the long run it provides a window for certain interested parties to get involved, and that will bring help on the publicity front that will benefit everyone after the crowd sale has closed.

Show evidence of these people or I want a refund. Your 'word' is not good at the moment. Who are these hordes of people who are happy with the extension. If they don't speak up, they don't exist, and you must be lying!!
Very disappointing, Dev is being greedy now! He posted 40 BTCs would be ideal, he gets 50 BTCs but yet extended for another week!
I'm just trying to please the most people, and give everyone who wants to participate the opportunity to do so.

Terrible decision!! So people have time to contact you and say they are interested, but need time to pay? I call bull shit, more people will be pissed off, and they're the ones who paid on time, like me!!

Refund options, what are they?
legendary
Activity: 840
I don't believe it. I invested in this because it seemed to me like an interesting project, but extend the crowdsale twice because people asked you to?
It's not that they didn't have enough time to invest in it.

Why don't you just admit that 55 BTC isn't enough? (I thought the original goal was 25). You know this isn't a good start of the project, right?

This was an unpleasant surprise when i woke up this morning and i'm still pissed about it.
Activity: 616

We understand you need more btc to fund this project. Definitely. However this last minute decision for extension(twice) really makes early investors disappointed and question the integrity of your words. Trust and faith in the dev is the most important thing in crypto.

I have a suggestion that will help early investors and at the same time, u can still gather more btc funding for 1more week(I hope it's really 1 more week). Win-Win solution.

Early investors that invested in the crowdsale for the past 2 weeks are rewarded with a 20% bonus. In other words, increase the price of $XAI for this final week.

0.00024 XAI/BTC

+1
I am ok with the idea of a 20% bonus.  I snapshotted the sales as of midnight, so we could do that.  Would that be amenable?

+1
Activity: 392
www.DonateMedia.org
@ dev

ok, let see in 7 days.
legendary
Activity: 1029

0.00024 XAI/BTC

+1

+
legendary
To the people arguing that this project needs more funds because of its magnitude: You now better than the dev? he said 40btc would be enough.  Roll Eyes

Here..

Pages:
Jump to: