Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 1010. (Read 1484201 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 500
Just wanna say real quick to all the veterans of XC to please be patient with newer members asking questions in this thread in the upcoming days.  Some may be trolls, but some will be genuinely interested in XC and we need to do our best to be patient and educate everyone.

Thanks for everyone that's helped to make this community and currency what it is and what it may be in the future.

100% agree, we have to expand our community keeping our mindset and identity.

Everybody is welcome, old members should help to define our identity to new members.

Right on!
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
0029 new 24h-high... Grin

going up up up Grin

glad I bought some Xc's (almost a month ago) @ 000875

I bought for 0.000132btc/XC at  05/23/2014 01:26:41 PM
nice  Cheesy
I was an early miner, but I lost all with the stop/loss function on poloniex... (2 times)
0003 and 00025

lesson learned... I'll never use it again Grin
Activity: 448
Merit: 254

going up up up Grin

I bought for 0.000132btc/XC at  05/23/2014 01:26:41 PM

write it down in my book of memories Smiley
remember:

Some useful facts about XC:

1) Xnodes are fully decentralised
  • Any wallet can run as an Xnode, not just a few semi-centralised clients
  • Xnode setup is not complicated or time-consuming

2) Xnodes are a trustless design
  • An earlier iteration of XC's design specified a dynamic trust system; this has been improved upon with a fully trustless design
  • Rev 2 Xnodes will use trustless multi-path multisig

3) Xnodes work
  • Early tests of Xnodes' mixing function (Rev. 1) have not resulted in any kind of flaw in this aspect of XC's anonymity solution.
  • Our not-so-well-intentioned friend Chaeplin claimed to have found a "design flaw" in Rev 1. However he fails to apprehend (a) precisely what was being tested, (b) what would constitute XC failing the test, and (c) what his results actually show. For a summary, see https://www.google.com/url?q=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D630547.msg7310485
  • Tests of Xnodes' initial multipath implementation (Rev. 1.5) have turned up no problems. In fact, no one was even able to mount a claim for the bounty.
  • Multi-path is being fully implemented as we speak for Rev. 2. When it is released, there will be (a) a sizeable public bounty, and (b) consultations with several cryptographers and other experts.
  • Given past progress, we're pretty optimistic that Rev. 2 will be delivered on time, and will compound the anonymity that is already working in XC.

4) XC is already anonymous, and working
  • I can't stress this enough. It's working! It doesn't mysteriously fork. It was released on time. There have been no setbacks.
  • XC is only 5 weeks old, and we're already at this level.
  • XC is not a completed design. It anonymity will compound. Its user-friendliness will become a 1-click thing. Thorough, professional testing will render it bulletproof. See the roadmap: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7535822.
  • Xnodes do not steal coins. But for the sake of historical accuracy, here's where this rumour started: Rev. 1 was released to test whether anyone could prove that a link exists on the blockchain between sender and receiver. Chaeplin misconstrued the purpose of the release and harped on about the fact that because mixers forward coins, coins could be stolen. This is true, but it's besides the point. All we were testing was whether anyone could provide a link on the blockchain. The rest of the build, including vulnerable transaction-forwarding, was just scaffolding so that the tests could be carried out. But, alas, Chaeplin appeared not to be amenable to realising this fact. Perhaps if his intention was to contribute constructively he would have avoided this lapse of comprehension.

At this stage it appears that there'll be ongoing FUD attacks from competitor(s). I'd advise saving a link to this post, and using it to clarify the nature of XC whenever a fudder makes claims to the contrary. Then they'd either have to substantiate their claims or wander off.

To factuality over frustration,

Arlyn

going up up up Grin

I bought for 0.000132btc/XC at  05/23/2014 01:26:41 PM
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
SoNiC BooM
Just wanna say real quick to all the veterans of XC to please be patient with newer members asking questions in this thread in the upcoming days.  Some may be trolls, but some will be genuinely interested in XC and we need to do our best to be patient and educate everyone.

Thanks for everyone that's helped to make this community and currency what it is and what it may be in the future.

+1000

Blackcoin got to 3 or 4 before, getting there doesn't matter, its about staying there. Rapid growth is not stable, XC will see some pullback.

Yes, but now:

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
So... on the topic of releases and announcements...

As you all know, Rev 2 is out on Monday.

But we'll be making not one but THREE announcements on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Two are tech-related, and one is team-related.

Brace yourselves.

THREE announcements?!?! One announcement per day, Monday - Wednesday...

I can't take this suspense anymore... all of jasinlee's talk about meetings with major investors... the talk of two NFL players... REV2 - trustless/decentralized/multisig/multipath/xnodes releasing on July 7th... with Encrypted Chat likely soon after, leading up to REV3...

Not to mention this article: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/xcurrency-unveils-cryptographic-privacy-technology-wake-nsa-xkeyscore-outrage/2014/07/04

#mindblown
https://i.imgur.com/yrCCoB9.gif
Activity: 308
thrasher.

Blackcoin got to 3 or 4 before, getting there doesn't matter, its about staying there. Rapid growth is not stable, XC will see some pullback.

And call FUD all you want but I hold several coins, I have just seen this pattern over and over. It is hilarious how everyone pretends it won't happen to them.

going up up up Grin

Activity: 280
NOT FUD! FACTS!
What happened? Why the price goes up? And will go even higher?

This is nothing...the price will be a lot higher...
tomorrow REV 2 release Grin

For anyone new to XC please refer to the following info on why the price is rising.  This is a correction more than anything, and for anyone wondering if they should buy some XC, now is definitely the time.  We are just warming up.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/02/idUSnGNXbb8nSq+1c2+GNW20140702

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

100% agree, we have to expand our community keeping our mindset and identity.

Everybody is welcome, old members should help to define our identity to new members.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Eahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa XC. Good job team!
Activity: 333

I am more concerned with the Wallet than the protocol because that is something I understand and will use.

You're more than right.
Noobs don't care if the algorithm is the best or not : they want something anonymous and easy to use.
The most anonymous coin with an ugly and not easy to use interface will never go to the moon.

Jump to: