Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 106. (Read 1484185 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Are there any specific plans or goals for software release(s) before the 29th that will inspire investor and user confidence?  It seems like we may of moved from XChat development on traditional systems to mobile development?  I realize you are very busy with the upcoming release of BlockNet infrastructure.  Thanks.

XChat development continues, in fact just posted the stable branch for all 3 platforms for mainnet - further testing of xchat for the latest code [08i] continues but that is being moved off mainnet
Activity: 756

I just wanted to provide an update

for the stable release of xchat/xcurrency/anon - use the .08 version -

OSX - http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/OSX/XCurrency-qt-08_prod.dmg

UBUNTU - http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/linux/ubuntu/0.9.2.49.08/

Windows - http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/XCurrency_2.49.08.exe

For testing the latest code [08i], that will be moved over to testnet, for which I will setup some nodes tomorrow.

Also tomorrow I hope to have the test android wallet available for the closed beta testing

Thanks,

Dan

** the stable version does not have functional group chat, that is in the 08i code **

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505
Anyone know if there is any plans to get XC / Bittrex on BitcoinWisdom?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Sorry to ask a question that could cause fear uncertainty and doubt but I have asked this question a few times and been ignored.
If we can buy into the blocknet using XC , does that mean that those XC could or would get dumped into the market and the price of XC will crash?
This is a really important question for us. We need an answer.
None of the coins used are going to be dumped.
Thanks again. I did miss this in the FAQ, so apologies. I think I can live with the way you guys are doing it.  Smiley

Thanks for asking that - I had the same question so good to have it answered.
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
I don't know about you guys but I'm still buying. 1300 XC added to my stash. Wink

I am noticing a similar pattern in the charts when I compare XC to another crypto which was quite the hot thing in regards to development during the bubble of Oct-Nov 2013. If this stands true, the timing for BlockNet is perfect.
Activity: 339
You know it wouldn't surprise me if it isnt "silverking" dumping his stash with the rest of the qbk holders because I dont know if anyone saw it, he did bring up the question in this forum after the bridge picture was shown and that "coin" was not on the list- and he was typically and rightfully ignored. Guy has more invested in qbk and interests anyway, so I am happy he is going.

Personally dont care about that coin, them.  Food for thought.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Sorry to ask a question that could cause fear uncertainty and doubt but I have asked this question a few times and been ignored.
If we can buy into the blocknet using XC , does that mean that those XC could or would get dumped into the market and the price of XC will crash?
This is a really important question for us. We need an answer.
None of the coins used are going to be dumped.
Thanks again. I did miss this in the FAQ, so apologies. I think I can live with the way you guys are doing it.  Smiley
Activity: 840
Are there any specific plans or goals for software release(s) before the 29th that will inspire investor and user confidence?  It seems like we may of moved from XChat development on traditional systems to mobile development?  I realize you are very busy with the upcoming release of BlockNet infrastructure.  Thanks.

A stable release of XChat across all platforms.

Good answer.  That would be huge in my opinion and would silence some of the overall doubt.  I think this would be a very important milestone for xc.  I hope the team feels the same and is able to deliver.  Thanks again.

[EDIT] I'm assuming "all platforms" means Windows, Linux, and Mac
Pretty sure also Android and iOS.

We are looking at IOS as a possible platform but we first need to investigate Apple's requirements.
Activity: 714
Are there any specific plans or goals for software release(s) before the 29th that will inspire investor and user confidence?  It seems like we may of moved from XChat development on traditional systems to mobile development?  I realize you are very busy with the upcoming release of BlockNet infrastructure.  Thanks.

Good answer.  That would be huge in my opinion and would silence some of the overall doubt.  I think this would be a very important milestone for xc.  I hope the team feels the same and is able to deliver.  Thanks again.

Pretty sure also Android and iOS.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Are there any specific plans or goals for software release(s) before the 29th that will inspire investor and user confidence?  It seems like we may of moved from XChat development on traditional systems to mobile development?  I realize you are very busy with the upcoming release of BlockNet infrastructure.  Thanks.

Good answer.  That would be huge in my opinion and would silence some of the overall doubt.  I think this would be a very important milestone for xc.  I hope the team feels the same and is able to deliver.  Thanks again.

legendary
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

legendary
Activity: 1960
Activity: 324
exchanges conspiring with whales etc love it

plus you don't even have to be a whale to move price by 10-15%.
If tiny $350 can do 6% :

i bought around 90k a few hundred XCs. I believe in this coin and my desperation yesterday was more like a cognitive dissonance.

To bring in some constructive inputs:

I think we should focus on real world value and describe the anontech in XC in more detail.

It would also for shure be a good idea to motivate people to try to crack XC's anon algorithm by providing a bounty to someone that can
describe how he could find a "way" through the blockchain. I think even if someone would find a hole and the bounty would be
10 bitcoin this would help the coin as it would help to harden the anon system and present a "shining star" when REV3 is released Wink
Activity: 714
The volume on Bittrex is pretty high now.
Activity: 509
Hmm... the more I think about the Blocknet stuff, the more I am growing with uncertainty. Of course, I think it's quite a brilliant project. But is it going to weaken the position of XC? The price drop since the Blocknet announcement reflects that opinion.

Things that concern me are:

- People will be able to use the private transactions of XC via the blocknet
- XBridge which will be open source and used by all the blocknet coins, is based on Xnodes

The more I think about it, the more I would have liked to have seen XC feature more of a central role in the Blocknet.

This Blocknet stuff doesn't seem specially connected to XC anymore than any of the other coins that take part. Or am I misunderstanding? Of course Dan is involved and their is the XBridge, but none of that helps the value of XC.

If I'm missing something, please let me know. Because I'm an XC supporter and follow the XC events fairly closely.

Hey Mr_Random

In my opinion, to wonder whether XC is weakens by people using XC's private transactions over the Blocknet is like wondering whether using Google over the internet weakens Google. :-)

The Blocknet means a massively increased user-base for XC, the leading privacy service provider.

There's no better way than actual usage to spread awareness about a product. And of course Xnodes will get fees for mixing.

Again, I agree with mr_random,I believe the coins that are going to play a direct role in the blocknet intially(and that means XC and NHZ from what I could see and prob. others) should be the "core group" of coins. This would create a solid base from those coins that would provide most of what the blocknet would offer initially.

Just throwing it out there, but wouldn't it make more sense to just merge the coins together into one coin, one symbol, one company, one direction, united?
legendary
Hmm... the more I think about the Blocknet stuff, the more I am growing with uncertainty. Of course, I think it's quite a brilliant project. But is it going to weaken the position of XC? The price drop since the Blocknet announcement reflects that opinion.

- XBridge which will be open source and used by all the blocknet coins, is based on Xnodes

The more I think about it, the more I would have liked to have seen XC feature more of a central role in the Blocknet.

This Blocknet stuff doesn't seem specially connected to XC anymore than any of the other coins that take part. Or am I misunderstanding? Of course Dan is involved and there is the XBridge, but none of that helps the value of XC.

If I'm missing something, please let me know. Because I'm an XC supporter and follow the XC events fairly closely.

i assume you have enough XC to host some mixers. the blocknet will bring you more fees than XC community alone would have ever could. imagine a bitcoin wallet with the xbridge.

I think i see where your concerns are coming from. the Bitcoin holders wouldn't have to buy xc first if they wanted to use it so you are concerned about the buying pressure. this is true in the short beginning BUT every coin like XC that gets used alot because of its features and generates revenue is still the much more attractive hold than those "reciever coins" on blocknet. so naturally the buying pressure for coins like XC that make you earn while you hold will develope the same like before the blocknet. just with much increased user base and by so earning oportunity.

Minor addition to that: to have one's coins mixed, they'd have to be converted to XC first - at the decentralised exchange.

Then the XC would be mixed and sent in fragments to multiple recipient addresses.

Those addresses could then be converted to whatever currency the user wants.

So Xmixers would get all the fees. :-)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 505
I would be much happier if we were over 001 again. I do think when Dan releases the mobile app the trend will reverse and confidence level much higher. My suggestion to XC investors is hold!
Activity: 882

This Blocknet stuff doesn't seem specially connected to XC anymore than any of the other coins that take part. Or am I misunderstanding? Of course Dan is involved and there is the XBridge, but none of that helps the value of XC.

i assume you have enough XC to host some mixers. the blocknet will bring you more fees than XC community alone would have ever could. imagine a bitcoin wallet with the xbridge.

I think i see where your concerns are coming from. the Bitcoin holders wouldn't have to buy xc first if they wanted to use it so you are concerned about the buying pressure. this is true in the short beginning BUT every coin like XC that gets used alot because of its features and generates revenue is still the much more attractive hold than those "reciever coins" on blocknet. so naturally the buying pressure for coins like XC that make you earn while you hold will develope the same like before the blocknet. just with much increased user base and by so earning oportunity.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter

This Blocknet stuff doesn't seem specially connected to XC anymore than any of the other coins that take part. Or am I misunderstanding? Of course Dan is involved and their is the XBridge, but none of that helps the value of XC.

Hey Mr_Random

In my opinion, to wonder whether XC is weakens by people using XC's private transactions over the Blocknet is like wondering whether using Google over the internet weakens Google. :-)

The Blocknet means a massively increased user-base for XC, the leading privacy service provider.

There's no better way to spread awareness about a product than actual usage. And in addition Xnodes will get fees for mixing.

I can relate to mr randoms concerns, but if XC shines through blocknet and after rev3 gets mass adoption and recognition by the community, its price will soar high anyway, and the innate ability and commitment of profitable xmixers will be more than enough to motivate more and more people to invest in xmixers. My only concern is the team's approach of rev3 XC platform's launch; if it gets the promotion and respect as an industry leading product/service, there is really no limit. I actually dont want to invest THAT much XC in blocknet, so I can have XC commited to the XC ITO.

To my very little experience, yes, watching price getting pumped is really nice to our psychology, but the hard truth is that alt crypto scene is being played by whales, only btc gets the real-world (simulated, even) treatment. Watching the XC price fall, when there is CLEARLY nothing fundamentally wrong, is like saying that you are getting out of btc because at some point its price peaked 1,2k and now its just 400 bucks. XC and BTC are actually a lot alike, you have dell/paypal and other cool stuff announced yet price either swings a bit up then down or just downright crashes. But then people stay commited and actually buy more, because they know what btc can achieve.
legendary

Hey Mr_Random

There's no better way than actual usage to spread awareness about a product. And of course Xnodes will get fees for mixing.

Again, I agree with mr_random,I believe the coins that are going to play a direct role in the blocknet intially(and that means XC and NHZ from what I could see-an asset exchange would be make ontop that coin) should be the "core group" of coins. This would create a solid base from those coins that would provide most of what the blocknet would offer.

I think that if there was any distinction between core coins and peripheral coins, we'd
- not be a true "internet of blockchains", since the framework wouldn't be open, democratic, and indefinitely extensible
- lose our edge against Supernet

Edit: also there's no effective difference between being a core coin and being a leading service provider.

So with the Blocknet, XC's position will be as strong, without the centralisation.

Works for me.
Jump to: