Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 1197. (Read 1484203 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Seems like someone is suggesting crypt have attempted to steal XC code...

This is starting to stink in terms of the clamour for a code peer review (if true).. I suggest dev bears this in mind with future releases before sharing any key information.

"Mindfox was involved in the peer review of XC code, the one that people spreading FUD requested. Days later Cryptcoin was launched and now Mindfox is the lead developer. The thing is that XC still has the p2p protocol, the EXACT thing that he is working on right now for CRYPT, but its already in the wallet. This means that Mindfox took the source code from the wallet he reviewed, stole it, and is now racing to implement it into CRYPT. This can be proven as the technology already exists within the XC client. Furthermore, CRYPT has no ambitions of blockchain 2.0, its simply being manipulated in price so that whales can make a boatload of money before the crash. This lack of goals for the future should strike anyone as alarming, as CRYPT's future is short sided.

This scam is spreading, and people are caught up in the hype, but this cannot go unquestioned."

Interesting. Where did you see this?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Seems like someone is suggesting crypt have attempted to steal XC code...

This is starting to stink in terms of the clamour for a code peer review (if true).. I suggest dev bears this in mind with future releases before sharing any key information.

"Mindfox was involved in the peer review of XC code, the one that people spreading FUD requested. Days later Cryptcoin was launched and now Mindfox is the lead developer. The thing is that XC still has the p2p protocol, the EXACT thing that he is working on right now for CRYPT, but its already in the wallet. This means that Mindfox took the source code from the wallet he reviewed, stole it, and is now racing to implement it into CRYPT. This can be proven as the technology already exists within the XC client. Furthermore, CRYPT has no ambitions of blockchain 2.0, its simply being manipulated in price so that whales can make a boatload of money before the crash. This lack of goals for the future should strike anyone as alarming, as CRYPT's future is short sided.

This scam is spreading, and people are caught up in the hype, but this cannot go unquestioned."
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

I get an error when I treid to install, i'm missing dependency libdb4.8++

What's the command to install it?

thanks.

So here is the way I used to got it working on my Ubuntu Raring, without installing .deb, just extracting the bin file  Wink

add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin     edit : not sure it's required
apt-get update
apt-get install libqrencode-dev libqrencode3 db4.8 g++ git make qt4-dev-tools qt4-qmake libdb++-dev libssl-dev libminiupnpc-dev libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libgmp-dev
apt-get install libboost-chrono1.53-dev libboost-filesystem1.53-dev libboost-system1.53-dev libboost-program-options1.53-dev libboost-thread1.53-dev

mkdir XC
cd XC

wget http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-cxx
make
edit go step 3 should be ok
step 1 : sudo make install
step 2 : ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so
or
step 3 : ln -s /XC/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix/.libs/libdb_cxx-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so

then

mkdir XC
cd XC
wget http://xc-official.com/release/ubuntu/x11coin-ubuntu-packages/x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64.deb
dpkg -x x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64.deb  x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64
cd  XC/x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64/usr/bin/
./x11coin-qt

and it works : X11COIN version v0.9.1.51x11-coin-1.0

enjoy  Grin

followed all these steps but my Qt wont execute. When i go to install it from the Deb file it says error with dependencies not satisfiable libdb4.8++
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
XC had a very similar moment to Crypt. People were hyping XC because of our "legendary coder from the 90s". Crypt supporters have been doing the same for MindFox. I don't really see anything special with MindFox. Has any of his previous coins taken off? Why doesn't he start his own coin? He'd make bank if his talent is that good. Our coder has been delivering so far. Crypt has been delivering hype since day one. Anyone remember the build up prior to the whitepaper release and the dump shortly after? I read the whitepaper and thought it was a joke. Crypt, nearly 3x it's previous ATH with nothing delivered. I hope for Crypt supporters that the dev does deliver. Now they have their FUD moment. A lot of the FUD are coming from new accounts. Strange stuff going on.

ATC's ability has drawn people to support him. We have people joining the team to make XC better. That is something special. I haven't seen this happening with other coins.
Activity: 644
Can someone explain the market strategy behind dumping a couple of K coins when ever the price start to rise below the current market value?
Single sells that could have made the owner a lot more, what market play is going on this last couple of weeks

Either:
- Keep the market down so your competing coin can establish itself
- Dump to shake out as many weak hands as possible.
- Trade the range, and dump hard when high to avoid getting caught on the wrong side of a breakout.

There are a lot of people that are pure traders and don't care about the long-term.  It's not a reflection on anything except their short term day trading strategy.  They add liquidity to the market so I don't mind.
legendary
Can someone explain the market strategy behind dumping a couple of K coins when ever the price start to rise below the current market value?
Single sells that could have made the owner a lot more, what market play is going on this last couple of weeks

Either:
- Keep the market down so your competing coin can establish itself
- Dump to shake out as many weak hands as possible.
- Trade the range, and dump hard when high to avoid getting caught on the wrong side of a breakout.
legendary
After being here for quite some time I see some people failing to see the bigger picture with XC.
This is not just "a coin" it is so much more. The underlying infrastructure is called a "privacy platform" meaning that the coins just enable you to invest in the platform, again (i said this before) the coins are stock and more than just a currency.

We are witnessing a company being built from the ground up, providing a service that is centered on privacy.

People can FUD, people can hate, you can call me stupid, delusional and whatnot. But it is my firm conviction that when the XC platform has fully matured it willl eventually be a NASDAQ listed company. This won't be tomorrow, but if there is any "coin" that can grow beyond this crazy crypto world it's XC.

+1
Activity: 978
Merit: 250
Activity: 966
Merit: 550
After being here for quite some time I see some people failing to see the bigger picture with XC.
This is not just "a coin" it is so much more. The underlying infrastructure is called a "privacy platform" meaning that the coins just enable you to invest in the platform, again (i said this before) the coins are stock and more than just a currency.

We are witnessing a company being built from the ground up, providing a service that is centered on privacy.

People can FUD, people can hate, you can call me stupid, delusional and whatnot. But it is my firm conviction that when the XC platform has fully matured it willl eventually be a NASDAQ listed company. This won't be tomorrow, but if there is any "coin" that can grow beyond this crazy crypto world it's XC.
legendary
Hey everyone,

Starting from tomorrow, I will be doing Q&A sessions everyday. Well until my holiday on July 14th. These will be done via twitter.

Awesome.
Panic setting in over at our "rival" watch the BTC flow back...

Rival?

That's cute.

Cheesy

Yeah, I was quoting for uber sarchasm effect Cheesy

Im hoping the poor quality of these rivals will also help demonstrate how XC really should be the go to choice for privacy functionality...
Activity: 233
Merit: 100

Rival?

That's cute.

Cheesy
Activity: 141
Merit: 100

What's the command to install it?

thanks.

So here is the way I used to got it working on my Ubuntu Raring, without installing .deb, just extracting the bin file  Wink

add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin     edit : not sure it's required
apt-get update
apt-get install libqrencode-dev libqrencode3 db4.8 g++ git make qt4-dev-tools qt4-qmake libdb++-dev libssl-dev libminiupnpc-dev libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libgmp-dev
apt-get install libboost-chrono1.53-dev libboost-filesystem1.53-dev libboost-system1.53-dev libboost-program-options1.53-dev libboost-thread1.53-dev

mkdir XC
cd XC

wget http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-cxx
make
edit go step 3 should be ok
step 1 : sudo make install
step 2 : ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so
or
step 3 : ln -s /XC/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix/.libs/libdb_cxx-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so

then

mkdir XC
cd XC
wget http://xc-official.com/release/ubuntu/x11coin-ubuntu-packages/x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64.deb
dpkg -x x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64.deb  x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64
cd  XC/x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64/usr/bin/
./x11coin-qt

and it works : X11COIN version v0.9.1.51x11-coin-1.0

enjoy  Grin
Activity: 840
Hey everyone,

Starting from tomorrow, I will be doing Q&A sessions everyday. Well until my holiday on July 14th. These will be done via twitter.
Activity: 462
My work computer is not playing Nice.... i will string together a video on my mac when I get home later tonight.. sorry for the delay. community reach out and make some videos as well the MORE the BETTER
Activity: 1218
BintexFutures
Have you guys seen the dump on Crypt?

Possible cause: two links:
- http://pastebin.com/zcn65Eez/
- http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptCoin/comments/28e8be/security_analysis_of_cryptcoins_cryptcast_feature/

Or else it's just whales doing what whales do.

Whales doing what whales do. Massive double top on Polo.

I'm already out.
legendary
Activity: 700
Crapt Bubble going to pop soon..hehe..metroid style...hehe Kazin style...hehe
legendary
Activity: 1288