Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 1196. (Read 1484203 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Bitnation Development Team Member
I confirm that this work, but you need to extract the .deb files.... no need install  .deb  files

followed all these steps but my Qt wont execute. When i go to install it from the Deb file it says error with dependencies not satisfiable libdb4.8++

I'm getting the same error too.

Hey guys - just add ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin and install the dependency from there like this:

Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install libdb4.8++

That'll add the dependency, then you can just install the package like normal - the command from terminal, in the folder you downloaded the file to is:
Code:
sudo dpkg -i x11coin-*.deb

"Im guessing the xnode setup is the same as windows?"

Yep!
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
110btc volumne on mintpal is not best for XC now, some faster updates should happend in neer future...
Activity: 420

For those using ubuntu

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:n00bsys0p/xc-official

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin && sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install x11coin-qt

- this will install the base client and required deps

then you can just dpkg -i the new v1.51 package

Im guessing the xnode setup is the same as windows?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I confirm that this work, but you need to extract the .deb files.... no need install  .deb  files

I get an error when I treid to install, i'm missing dependency libdb4.8++

What's the command to install it?

thanks.

So here is the way I used to got it working on my Ubuntu Raring, without installing .deb, just extracting the bin file  Wink

add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin     edit : not sure it's required
apt-get update
apt-get install libqrencode-dev libqrencode3 db4.8 g++ git make qt4-dev-tools qt4-qmake libdb++-dev libssl-dev libminiupnpc-dev libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libgmp-dev
apt-get install libboost-chrono1.53-dev libboost-filesystem1.53-dev libboost-system1.53-dev libboost-program-options1.53-dev libboost-thread1.53-dev

mkdir XC
cd XC

wget http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-cxx
make
edit go step 3 should be ok
step 1 : sudo make install
step 2 : ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so
or
step 3 : ln -s /XC/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix/.libs/libdb_cxx-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so

then

mkdir XC
cd XC
wget http://xc-official.com/release/ubuntu/x11coin-ubuntu-packages/x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64.deb
dpkg -x x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64.deb  x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64
cd  XC/x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64/usr/bin/
./x11coin-qt

and it works : X11COIN version v0.9.1.51x11-coin-1.0

enjoy  Grin

followed all these steps but my Qt wont execute. When i go to install it from the Deb file it says error with dependencies not satisfiable libdb4.8++

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

For those using ubuntu

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:n00bsys0p/xc-official

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin && sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install x11coin-qt

- this will install the base client and required deps

then you can just dpkg -i the new v1.51 package

legendary
Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021
why so much hatred between DRK and XC, get over it  Grin
Activity: 882
That's fair, but what goes around comes around I guess. There are a few dark trolls you might want to tell that to also, who do the same thing on this thread.

Yeah but that doesn't mean we have to do the same, what he just did was not called for or justified in any way,just provocation, go over there and look
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
In Crypto We Verify
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAzTIKoF8rA   Was thinking of using this a the background song to the video... fade music in a t 20 secs.... im listenign to the whole song to see what would be best part to fade in but i think this tone goes perfect with ANNON.... and the privacy platform theme.. im open to suggestions!!!

If you open a thread here http://forum.xctalk.com/index.php?/forum/24-technical/ I will discuss it with you!

Love the movie  Cheesy hate that EYE

Love the epic sound of that song here is another epic song I like maybe it fits?  Cheesy From "Sunshine" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQXVzg2PiZw
Activity: 560
That's fair, but what goes around comes around I guess. There are a few dark trolls you might want to tell that to also, who do the same thing on this thread.
Activity: 882
This is MindFox's code review during XC's FUD period.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7024211

Then, I was invited to Developer's station with a Teamviewer session and saw the code that implements the specific feature.

I don't believe he ever had access to the sourcecode. Do you think MindFox could replicate XC with snippets of code from teamviewer? I doubt ATC showed him the meat and bones.

The only facts we have is ATC shared some of the code with MindFox for a peer review and now MindFox is suddenly launching an anon coin.

We don't know anything else until ATC clarifies.

Remember though, that XC now has the crucial multipath technology that takes it a step above DRK and that was added only in the last week or so, a lot later than the code review.

XC is like a PS4, Crypt is like a SNES.

on another note can you idiot stay out of the dark thread , its not pretty classy to promote XC in their thread, gives our community a bad image, if you want to compare them at least do it here
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Has anyone done a comparison of all the new privacy style coins?
If not I think I might do one.
Maybe someone here can list the main features of XC and I'll ask others to do the same  of other coins.

I was thinking of this yesterday - someone needs to AUDIT all the new "anonymous cryptos" and put them all up for comparison.  I may do this.. but I am short on time so may take me awhile to do the write up.  

Also it would help if we had some videos to stir some attention... just shit to throw around on youtube and facebook and twiiter etc.. nothing fancy either.   Something like: "all black screen , you hear a million phone calls happening, and a few conversations all at once... then bammm.. complete silence for a few seconds and then .. zaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww XC logo and big flash, bang. " the end.

something to make people think... privacy.

+1.

I would like to see this.

Seems like flavour of the month around here is to promise anon functions but very few deliver.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
looks like we hit a bottom here and going to pop a cherry back to moon - hold on to your penises, we going up for a ride.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
XC - "Privacy Platform"<--needs to be trademarked asap.
Activity: 364
DUMP DUMP DUMP CRYPT!!!! And finally XC will start to grow...
Activity: 404
legendary
Activity: 1288

I get an error when I treid to install, i'm missing dependency libdb4.8++

What's the command to install it?

thanks.

So here is the way I used to got it working on my Ubuntu Raring, without installing .deb, just extracting the bin file  Wink

add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin     edit : not sure it's required
apt-get update
apt-get install libqrencode-dev libqrencode3 db4.8 g++ git make qt4-dev-tools qt4-qmake libdb++-dev libssl-dev libminiupnpc-dev libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libgmp-dev
apt-get install libboost-chrono1.53-dev libboost-filesystem1.53-dev libboost-system1.53-dev libboost-program-options1.53-dev libboost-thread1.53-dev

mkdir XC
cd XC

wget http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-cxx
make
edit go step 3 should be ok
step 1 : sudo make install
step 2 : ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so
or
step 3 : ln -s /XC/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix/.libs/libdb_cxx-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so

then

mkdir XC
cd XC
wget http://xc-official.com/release/ubuntu/x11coin-ubuntu-packages/x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64.deb
dpkg -x x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64.deb  x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64
cd  XC/x11coin-qt_0.9.1.33-x11coin-1.0-saucy1_amd64/usr/bin/
./x11coin-qt

and it works : X11COIN version v0.9.1.51x11-coin-1.0

enjoy  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

Then, I was invited to Developer's station with a Teamviewer session and saw the code that implements the specific feature.

I don't believe he ever had access to the sourcecode. Do you think MindFox could replicate XC with snippets of code from teamviewer? I doubt ATC showed him the meat and bones.

The only facts we have is ATC shared some of the code with MindFox for a peer review and now MindFox is suddenly launching an anon coin.

We don't know anything else until ATC clarifies.

Remember though, that XC now has the crucial multipath technology that takes it a step above DRK and that was added only in the last week or so, a lot later than the code review.

XC is like a PS4, Crypt is like a SNES.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
After being here for quite some time I see some people failing to see the bigger picture with XC.
This is not just "a coin" it is so much more. The underlying infrastructure is called a "privacy platform" meaning that the coins just enable you to invest in the platform, again (i said this before) the coins are stock and more than just a currency.

We are witnessing a company being built from the ground up, providing a service that is centered on privacy.

People can FUD, people can hate, you can call me stupid, delusional and whatnot. But it is my firm conviction that when the XC platform has fully matured it willl eventually be a NASDAQ listed company. This won't be tomorrow, but if there is any "coin" that can grow beyond this crazy crypto world it's XC.

Company'S!
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

Activity: 518
Seems like someone is suggesting crypt have attempted to steal XC code...

This is starting to stink in terms of the clamour for a code peer review (if true).. I suggest dev bears this in mind with future releases before sharing any key information.

"Mindfox was involved in the peer review of XC code, the one that people spreading FUD requested. Days later Cryptcoin was launched and now Mindfox is the lead developer. The thing is that XC still has the p2p protocol, the EXACT thing that he is working on right now for CRYPT, but its already in the wallet. This means that Mindfox took the source code from the wallet he reviewed, stole it, and is now racing to implement it into CRYPT. This can be proven as the technology already exists within the XC client. Furthermore, CRYPT has no ambitions of blockchain 2.0, its simply being manipulated in price so that whales can make a boatload of money before the crash. This lack of goals for the future should strike anyone as alarming, as CRYPT's future is short sided.

This scam is spreading, and people are caught up in the hype, but this cannot go unquestioned."

Interesting. Where did you see this?

Here are some twitter links to the articles..

https://twitter.com/chunkmonke/statuses/479295485807984640
Jump to: