Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 263. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Do we know wtf is going on over at MP?  Huh  

I have some XC I want to get outta there ASAP.
They are changing to V2, but I would also get out of there.

Apparently this:
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
Do we know wtf is going on over at MP?  Huh 

I have some XC I want to get outta there ASAP.
I think "adoption news" will fuel the price more than " technical accomplishment  news". thats why i was very happy about that ATM release.  with all those different Cryptos people that are not so tech savy have a hard time telling the good efforts from the bad ones by technical whitepapers and even tech press coverage alone. These people, who are the majority imo superficially define a group of coins that appaer technically advanced and trustable to them but than make the buy decision on the factor of adoption progress. this can be community size alone but even better, news about merchant service inclusion. Exchanges adding the coin, sometimes if its a realy big name also personal recommendation. so what i say is whatever type of positive developments in this regard should be publicised as they occur.

every coin claims they have the technical advancement over the others. the  people that can't tell the cream from the crop on technical aspects look for the "chosen ones". the ATM news , or the multipool adding XC lately is exactly the reassurance these people are looking for. Just like a good looking UI. people that know the ins and outs of mining and are used to command lines can't imagine how important that is.

My dream is still short term btcchina and btc38 adding XC. i PM'ed btc38 user here .don't know if this is official. haven't got a reply yet.
I am wondering, are you Dutch? Your name makes me confused.
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
I think "adoption news" will fuel the price more than " technical accomplishment  news". thats why i was very happy about that ATM release.  with all those different Cryptos people that are not so tech savy have a hard time telling the good efforts from the bad ones by technical whitepapers and even tech press coverage alone. These people, who are the majority imo superficially define a group of coins that appaer technically advanced and trustable to them but than make the buy decision on the factor of adoption progress. this can be community size alone but even better, news about merchant service inclusion. Exchanges adding the coin, sometimes if its a realy big name also personal recommendation. so what i say is whatever type of positive developments in this regard should be publicised as they occur.

every coin claims they have the technical advancement over the others. the  people that can't tell the cream from the crop on technical aspects look for the "chosen ones". the ATM news , or the multipool adding XC lately is exactly the reassurance these people are looking for. Just like a good looking UI. people that know the ins and outs of mining and are used to command lines can't imagine how important that is.

My dream is still short term btcchina and btc38 adding XC. i PM'ed btc38 user here .don't know if this is official. haven't got a reply yet.
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Could someone explain me in few words how XC anonymity works? Or maybe there's a good video on youtube? Can't understand how this anonymity works from what I've read in the OP

Thanks

How technical an explanation do you want?

I want a simple explanation Smiley

Ok, there's layer 1: the Xnode protocol
- nodes communicate with one another using an end-to-end encrypted protocol, so that anyone who intercepts their messages can't decipher them.
- nodes communicate directly; they don't use any trusted third parties or central servers. Therefore there's no one point of failure or attack.

Layer 2: an ad hoc meshnet
- when you make a private payment, the first thing that happens is that your app sets up a network with a bunch of other nodes that are making payments at the same time as you.
- this network exists only for the duration of the transaction, and thus has no permanent infrastructure that can be attacked.
- since this network is a mesh, it does not encounter problems if nodes drop out of the network during the transaction. Thus it's robust against DOS attacks (i.e when a node refuses to sign, which breaks other technologies, like CoinJoin).

Layer 3: trustless mixing
- when you make a private payment, a transaction is built up between all the nodes in a meshnet.
- they pass the transaction around in a very clever way (analogous to Coinshuffle) in order to send coins to their intended destinations on behalf of other nodes.
- once the transaction is ready, each node checks that its own coins are going to the right destination, and if all is in order, the node signs the transaction.
- the signing is done in a very clever way so that no node knows which other node's coins they're forwarding.
- the coins are forwarded to their destination from a different address to the one that a forwarding node receives them on, so that there's no link on the blockchain between sender and receiver.
- if there's a problem then a node will refuse to sign. This makes the whole transaction unable to be processed, and thus no node can steal the coins that it's forwarding on behalf of another node.
- when this occurs, the nodes are able to reverse the passing-around procedure and discover which node caused the trouble. This node gets kicked off the mesh, and the transaction proceeds as per usual.

Layer 4: multipath
- when you make a private payment, the coins aren't sent in one go, but in fragments, making it impossible for anyone to tell how much you actually sent.

The ways in which all this is private:
- multipath conceals the amount you send or receive.
- mixing conceals the sender and the receiver.
- the trustless nature of the mixing ensures that nodes can't steal coins and that they can't know whose coins they're forwarding.
- the Xnode protocol ensures that nobody can decipher any of these messages in the first place.
- in addition, using the XC TOR Stick conceals your IP address.
- and, finally, when we add stealth addresses to XC, then when someone pays you, not even they will discover the address you receive the payment on, and so you don't have to trust them to keep private the address that your coins are on.

Basically, there's nothing else to make private after all this. The entire thing is concealed; none of your personal information is given away. So it's 100% privacy.
when we will get much more attention? trading volume is very very small..

When Rev 3 comes out along with the bounty to crack it and nobody can crack it, you can bet the attention will be swarming.   

The XC dev team have absolutely no control over the trading volumes.   IF Mintpal can ever "launch" their v2 and give out no fee trades for a few weeks, you can also bet that there should be some major volumes for all coins and not just XC.   

Believe me a slick and userfriendly ui will do more for mass adoption and by so for the price than this stupid bounty. i'm pretty shure people that look for this type of proof already are 99% shure that Dan will deliver or that the current state is already untrackable.
Yes the team can't create volume but there can be actions taken. getting on some new exchanges would be one of them. specially the chinese ones. considering whats already been accomplished, also media attention wise, our volume is pathetic. I can't put my finger on it but something is missing. Its like everybody knows XC has superior tech but its no option for other reasons. like its not cool or something.

A succesfull crypto needs both superior tech but also some pop culture type of appeal and we are lacking big time in that regard. sorry to sound so negative right now but we rather discuss that now than after rev3 when everybody is surpised yet again why XC didn't take off.

I'm shure some other coins given the press XC had in the last couple of weeks would have skyrocketed much more so we should try to investigate why that is. the manipulative dumps are part of it but not the only reason. 

My going hypothesis is that low volume begets low volume. I mean:
- trader hears news about XC
- trader checks out XC's charts
- sees very low volume
- concludes that trading XC is too risky
- goes elsewhere
- volume stays low.

The only people that wouldn't be dissuaded by low liquidity are longer term investors (i.e. all of us).

The current low-volume environment won't be around forever. XC is not the only coin that's suffered at the hands of Summer + Mintpal hacks, and both of these are receding into the past.

And XC's got the most solid fundamentals anyone could hope for.

But are there any other hypotheses here to explain the lack of a pump?

P.S. Let's also remember that XC's lows have been getting gradually higher since June. A long-term ascending trendline has been established, and the long-term descending trendline was broken at the final Rev 2.

We need to expand the community, if somebody comments on the thread, it is usually the same person or somebody who wants to say something and then never comes back again.
legendary

When Rev 3 comes out along with the bounty to crack it and nobody can crack it, you can bet the attention will be swarming.  

The XC dev team have absolutely no control over the trading volumes.   IF Mintpal can ever "launch" their v2 and give out no fee trades for a few weeks, you can also bet that there should be some major volumes for all coins and not just XC.  

Believe me a slick and userfriendly ui will do more for mass adoption and by so for the price than this stupid bounty. i'm pretty shure people that look for this type of proof already are 99% shure that Dan will deliver or that the current state is already untrackable.
Yes the team can't create volume but there can be actions taken. getting on some new exchanges would be one of them. specially the chinese ones. considering whats already been accomplished, also media attention wise, our volume is pathetic. I can't put my finger on it but something is missing. Its like everybody knows XC has superior tech but its no option for other reasons. like its not cool or something.

A succesfull crypto needs both superior tech but also some pop culture type of appeal and we are lacking big time in that regard. sorry to sound so negative right now but we rather discuss that now than after rev3 when everybody is surpised yet again why XC didn't take off.

I'm shure some other coins given the press XC had in the last couple of weeks would have skyrocketed much more so we should try to investigate why that is. the manipulative dumps are part of it but not the only reason.  

My going hypothesis is that low volume begets low volume. I mean:
- trader hears news about XC
- trader checks out XC's charts
- sees very low volume
- concludes that trading XC is too risky
- goes elsewhere
- volume stays low.

The only people that wouldn't be dissuaded by low liquidity are longer term investors (i.e. all of us).

The current low-volume environment won't be around forever. XC is not the only coin that's suffered at the hands of Summer + Mintpal hacks, and both of these are receding into the past.

And XC's got the most solid fundamentals anyone could hope for.

But are there any other hypotheses here to explain the lack of a pump?

P.S. Let's also remember that XC's lows have been getting gradually higher since June. A long-term ascending trendline has been established, and the long-term descending trendline was broken at the final Rev 2.

Activity: 882

The XC dev team have absolutely no control over the trading volumes.   IF Mintpal can ever "launch" their v2 and give out no fee trades for a few weeks, you can also bet that there should be some major volumes for all coins and not just XC.   

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
meow
Could someone explain me in few words how XC anonymity works? Or maybe there's a good video on youtube? Can't understand how this anonymity works from what I've read in the OP

Thanks

HERE'S A DELICIOUS EXPLANATION!

1 XC is in a wallet.

User sends 1 XC from Wallet A to Wallet B.

In between Wallet A and Wallet B are mixers. These mixers are like chickens.

EACH CHICKEN gets put in a barn and is used for Wallets A.3 and B.4

These are tomatoes.

And anonymous.

Make sense?
meow
I'd love to get me some more XC soon!
A bunch disappeared from my wallet, but life goes on!

wow, XC coins disapear? Is it normal?

Nah...I used a crappy exchange. Using Poloniex now!

So they didn't go missing from your XC wallet, but from your account on the exchange. Right?

right. my mistake completely. Nothing wrong with XC
legendary

Thanks

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

So they didn't go missing from your XC wallet, but from your account on the exchange. Right?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

hahaha... and I've lost some Xc's on poloniex (using stop loss => will never do it again Wink )
Activity: 196

What exchange ??

I still have 250 XC hanging around on mintpal and they look completely f**ked right now

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

Nope, not normal. I still have mine from the first day of mining back on May 8th.
meow

Activity: 978
Merit: 250
I just want to kindly thank the dumpers for dumping into our orders to allow QBK to own more XC Bags..We love XC Coin and are standing behind it..I just have to wait now till next month to download and take them as my Father is giving QBK a free computer to download all the wallets.. Smiley

Sell XC
You have
XC    Highest bid
BTC
Get it off the exchange, especially if you use Mintpal, I wouldn't trust them one bit anymore.
Mintpal is minting there XC. Think that's the reason for the continuous selling of small amounts into bid prices
meow
I just want to kindly thank the dumpers for dumping into our orders to allow QBK to own more XC Bags..We love XC Coin and are standing behind it..I just have to wait now till next month to download and take them as my Father is giving QBK a free computer to download all the wallets.. Smiley

Sell XC
You have
XC    Highest bid
BTC
Get it off the exchange, especially if you use Mintpal, I wouldn't trust them one bit anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

Sell XC
You have
XC    Highest bid
BTC
Jump to: