Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 259. (Read 1484189 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Bit coin world feels much more like June 2013  up and down roller coaster from 80- 140 with Silk Road plunge being the final straw in September. ..  we will see a roll from 350- 550 for a while yet until we are all comfortable enough to sell to the whales at 550 just before they take bit coin to 5 thousand.
I really doubt that will happen.

I think there's a high chance it'll happen. Elliot Wave analysis confirms this sort of price movement.

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Bit coin world feels much more like June 2013  up and down roller coaster from 80- 140 with Silk Road plunge being the final straw in September. ..  we will see a roll from 350- 550 for a while yet until we are all comfortable enough to sell to the whales at 550 just before they take bit coin to 5 thousand.
I really doubt that will happen.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
I have an idea that is going to be very risky for XC, but since the price of Bitcoin is dropping like domino's right now, how about the XC team requests XC to be removed from all Bitcoin exchanges and a month later puts up it's own XC/Fiat exchange, that way we will be completely independent from Bitcoin.

XC is decentralised by it's nature. No exchange is under obligation to honour such a removal request, it would never work.

Besides, I don't believe that would make XC completely independent of Bitcoin. If Bitcoin crashed to $1, XC would plummet no matter what.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I want a simple explanation Smiley

Best content ever.

I am just requoting this as i feel some of you may have missed it with all the MintPal woes - a brilliant explanation of XC Privacy tech at the moment - well worth spending a few minutes to understand!

Mindblown!
  Shocked

Wow. Just wow.
To read it like that is definitely mindblowing.
Off to buy more.

Activity: 26
I want a simple explanation Smiley

Ok, there's layer 1: the Xnode protocol
- nodes communicate with one another using an end-to-end encrypted protocol, so that anyone who intercepts their messages can't decipher them.
- nodes communicate directly; they don't use any trusted third parties or central servers. Therefore there's no one point of failure or attack.

Layer 2: an ad hoc meshnet
- when you make a private payment, the first thing that happens is that your app sets up a network with a bunch of other nodes that are making payments at the same time as you.
- this network exists only for the duration of the transaction, and thus has no permanent infrastructure that can be attacked.
- since this network is a mesh, it does not encounter problems if nodes drop out of the network during the transaction. Thus it's robust against DOS attacks (i.e when a node refuses to sign, which breaks other technologies, like CoinJoin).

Layer 3: trustless mixing
- when you make a private payment, a transaction is built up between all the nodes in a meshnet.
- they pass the transaction around in a very clever way (analogous to Coinshuffle) in order to send coins to their intended destinations on behalf of other nodes.
- once the transaction is ready, each node checks that its own coins are going to the right destination, and if all is in order, the node signs the transaction.
- the signing is done in a very clever way so that no node knows which other node's coins they're forwarding.
- the coins are forwarded to their destination from a different address to the one that a forwarding node receives them on, so that there's no link on the blockchain between sender and receiver.
- if there's a problem then a node will refuse to sign. This makes the whole transaction unable to be processed, and thus no node can steal the coins that it's forwarding on behalf of another node.
- when this occurs, the nodes are able to reverse the passing-around procedure and discover which node caused the trouble. This node gets kicked off the mesh, and the transaction proceeds as per usual.

Layer 4: multipath
- when you make a private payment, the coins aren't sent in one go, but in fragments, making it impossible for anyone to tell how much you actually sent.

The ways in which all this is private:
- multipath conceals the amount you send or receive.
- mixing conceals the sender and the receiver.
- the trustless nature of the mixing ensures that nodes can't steal coins and that they can't know whose coins they're forwarding.
- the Xnode protocol ensures that nobody can decipher any of these messages in the first place.
- in addition, using the XC TOR Stick conceals your IP address.
- and, finally, when we add stealth addresses to XC, then when someone pays you, not even they will discover the address you receive the payment on, and so you don't have to trust them to keep private the address that your coins are on.

Basically, there's nothing else to make private after all this. The entire thing is concealed; none of your personal information is given away. So it's 100% privacy.

I am just requoting this as i feel some of you may have missed it with all the MintPal woes - a brilliant explanation of XC Privacy tech at the moment - well worth spending a few minutes to understand!

Mindblown!
  Shocked
Activity: 661
What to do in waiting of XC Rev 3 ... Mining Bitcoin with a paper and a pencil !

http://www.righto.com/2014/09/mining-bitcoin-with-pencil-and-paper.html

@infinitechaos Thanks for the info!

To those having Mintpal problems:
I was finally able to withdraw all my coins from Mintpal.
I had to hit the refresh button every time after the page initially loaded for it to continue with the process.
If you're having problems try that and hopefully that will work.
It took a while for the confirmation email to arrive but it did. Then I had to go through the same process to log-in and confirm.
Just successfully received my coins to my new address.

Hope Mintpal can get that stuff ironed out, but for now, I'm staying away.
Not being able to access your coins is a crappy feeling.
Just another reminder that crypto exchanges are not a wise choice for a longerm wallet.
Be smart. Take control of coins. Start staking.

I forgot to say, welcome to the XCurrency community, I hope you have a good time.
I have an idea that is going to be very risky for XC, but since the price of Bitcoin is dropping like domino's right now, how about the XC team requests XC to be removed from all Bitcoin exchanges and a month later puts up it's own XC/Fiat exchange, that way we will be completely independent from Bitcoin.

As I said very risky and it will take some time, but just think about this idea, I think it will do a lot of good for the future of XCuurency.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I had to hit the refresh button every time after the page initially loaded for it to continue with the process.
It took a while for the confirmation email to arrive but it did. Then I had to go through the same process to log-in and confirm.

Just another reminder that crypto exchanges are not a wise choice for a longerm wallet.

I got me coins! I randomly tried the confirmation email link again and after a few login attempts it said withdrawal successfully confirmed. I guess last night with all the problems logging in it didn't actually confirm my withdrawal when i clicked the email link.

Anyway, Panic over.  Smiley

Activity: 462
Gutted. My 250 XC that i transfered from mintpal over 12 hours ago are still not in my wallet, and I cant even check balance on mintpal.  Angry Cry

Has anyone else had any problems? should I open a ticket?
today I redrawed about 30 Xc's
could login without problems
got email verification instantly
could relogin and verify without problems.
10 minutes later the XC's showed up in my wallet

WTF? How are people having such varied experiences?

I've been logged in to Mintpal since before the DDoS attack. I'm still logged in, but I can't access my balances page or even see any of the markets. It's just blank.

No big deal for me personally, I didn't have any coins there, but it's weird nonetheless.
Activity: 392
Gutted. My 250 XC that i transfered from mintpal over 12 hours ago are still not in my wallet, and I cant even check balance on mintpal.  Angry Cry

today I redrawed about 30 Xc's
could login without problems
got email verification instantly
could relogin and verify without problems.
10 minutes later the XC's showed up in my wallet

Is there a paper wallet available for XC?
I'm want to move a few coins to cold storage.

The search feature is pretty handy:

As co-founder of XC Italia and XC investor, I'm officially willing to set up a bounty of 350 XC for a working XC paper wallet generator approved by Dan, synechist and the XC team. I will immediately pm synechist, get coding Wink

Just wanted to give props to olloman of XC Italia.  The 350 XC boutnty for the paper wallet generator has been received.  Smiley

In case anyone missed it earlier, here is the post from Dan:

Yo, Teka or Synechist, let's put the PWG in the OP!!

Is there a paper wallet available for XC?
I'm want to move a few coins to cold storage.
Gutted. My 250 XC that i transfered from mintpal over 12 hours ago are still not in my wallet, and I cant even check balance on mintpal.  Angry Cry

I got all my coins off Mintpal long ago so I haven't had any problems like this. It doesn't hurt to open a ticket. I would if I were you. It's good to get the ball rolling. Maybe they just can't process your withdrawal because they have to wait until their coins finish staking.  Huh

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Thanks. I will open a ticket. I managed to look at my balance and it still shows it as pending. I made 2 withdrawals last night and the other went through straight away so its strange this one is still pending after such a long time.  Huh

Ah well, guess ill just have to wait and see....

I got all my coins off Mintpal long ago so I haven't had any problems like this. It doesn't hurt to open a ticket. I would if I were you. It's good to get the ball rolling. Maybe they just can't process your withdrawal because they have to wait until their coins finish staking.  Huh

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Activity: 478
The first few years a lot of people hoarded bitcoins and the price went up. There are many more ways to spend bitcoin now. The hoarders are spending some and the merchants are immediately cashing out so there are more bitcoins on the market and the price drops. Eventually the usage of and need for bitcoin will rise enough that supply can't keep up with demand and the price will start rising again. The limited supply of bitcoin ensures this will happen if adoption levels rise. We're only at the beginning of this now.
The bear market this year isn't that unexpected after seeing a 100x increase in price last year.  Personally I wouldn't compare the mood from last September to how it is now, because overall there has been a lot of great news, merchant adoption, etc. for Bitcoin in the past few months and the Paypal news is huge as well.  Another important indicator that has been approaching all time highs is the number of Bitcoin transactions per day.  Last time I checked we were right at the all time high from last November, and in general price has risen alongside this increase in Bitcoin transactions over the long term. 

Merchant adoption, public awareness, hash rate, difficulty, and daily transactions are all on the rise which is GREAT news for Bitcoin and the future of crypto.  Don't let the current Bitcoin price fool you into thinking crypto is dying, it means very little in the grand scheme of things and won't stay this low forever.  This years bear market hasn't even been that long or severe when you compare it to 2012, and I'd say we survived that pretty well considering price went from $2 to almost $1200 in 1.5 years.
Jump to: