Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 549. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
After reading the recent posts I have officially pulled all  xc off mintpal and backed up my wallet.dat. I have heard too many horror stories; safety deposit box next.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
....why isn't the xc releases signed with pgp and why download files don't have any checksums.
We need to be 100% careful, hackers are targeting all crypto.

Fully agree.
We should all urge devs on this as a top priority.
TAILS is a nice example how it can be handled https://tails.boum.org/download/index.en.html
Right (and rather simple) tools like PGP, SHA256 brings BIG results.
Hard to overvaluate them...

...Also xc official homepage isn't very friendly, the slide down buttons may be gimmicky but it is covering the other links ...

Right.  But I can live with that. Not a deal breaker

Got to agree, this should be a top priority.

And I've seen the website menu problems being mentioned many times. Annoying and an easy fix.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Wokeup today to my PC unable to start windows. AWESOME.

Ststem restore to the most recent date failed twice, trying the next date back now... I backed up my wallet.dat a few weeks ago but have bought some more XC and staked some since then so I'm hoping system restore gets all my XC back!

Lesson learned back your XC up regularly.
you only need to backup your wallet.dat once.
Your wallet.dat does not contain your coins... the blockchain does.
When needed your backup will update on the blockchain and you will have your coins

If you have a new adress (like one for xchat) than you need to backup again. Cheesy

Good to know, maybe I'm ok then. Although I think I created a new receiving address in my XC wallet for the recent buys I've made on mintpal so I'm guessing I still may be in trouble?
If you didn't backed up the wallet.dat with your new adress for receiving from mintpal you could be in trouble.

is it possible to extract your wallet.dat from the corrupt windows?
it is on directory C:\Users\"your username"\AppData\Roaming\xcurrency

Not sure about that but hopefully... I just did a system restore to an older date and it said it was successful but then when I restarted my computer I got the same error that windows wouldnt start. I'll probably have to bring it in for someone to look at.  I appreciate the help tho!

i think you're fine as long you have an old backup of your wallet. just reinstall xc client when your computer is fixed, copy old wallet.dat to data directory (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\XCurrency) and start xcurrency. then wait until it's fully synchronized.

only thing that could be, if you gave label to the newly created addresses it might be reset to "(no label)" since this is stored in the wallet.dat.

Good advice. If you've created <100 new addresses since your last backup of your wallet.dat, it'll automatically be able to recreate any addresses created after the backup.

Read the last few replys here mate, set this shit straight if you can https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741018.40
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
what releases are we expecting anytime soon?
legendary
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Ststem restore to the most recent date failed twice, trying the next date back now... I backed up my wallet.dat a few weeks ago but have bought some more XC and staked some since then so I'm hoping system restore gets all my XC back!

When needed your backup will update on the blockchain and you will have your coins

If you have a new adress (like one for xchat) than you need to backup again. Cheesy

Good to know, maybe I'm ok then. Although I think I created a new receiving address in my XC wallet for the recent buys I've made on mintpal so I'm guessing I still may be in trouble?
If you didn't backed up the wallet.dat with your new adress for receiving from mintpal you could be in trouble.

Not sure about that but hopefully... I just did a system restore to an older date and it said it was successful but then when I restarted my computer I got the same error that windows wouldnt start. I'll probably have to bring it in for someone to look at.  I appreciate the help tho!

i think you're fine as long you have an old backup of your wallet. just reinstall xc client when your computer is fixed, copy old wallet.dat to data directory (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\XCurrency) and start xcurrency. then wait until it's fully synchronized.

only thing that could be, if you gave label to the newly created addresses it might be reset to "(no label)" since this is stored in the wallet.dat.

Good advice. If you've created <100 new addresses since your last backup of your wallet.dat, it'll automatically be able to recreate any addresses created after the backup.

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

Not sure about that but hopefully... I just did a system restore to an older date and it said it was successful but then when I restarted my computer I got the same error that windows wouldnt start. I'll probably have to bring it in for someone to look at.  I appreciate the help tho!

Activity: 392

legendary
Activity: 980
Traveling in subspace
Can someone shoot me a message to see if I have XChat set up correctly? Thanks.
Xchat- XDyr4EyV7m1csRWcT6ci6L3f2NkzgY85rd
Pubkey- 24wEQiVKBSsskmpR7hNqYgbpRTXwEJQPNqqH5SW1nR5zK

Sent
Received. Thanks to all the devs for their tireless efforts.
legendary
Traveling in subspace
I've sent "Hi" "are you receiving this"
Got it. Thanks
legendary
Using v0.9.2.47g.XCurrency-2.47, My client has 8 connections, stacking is working fine. I'm connected through wireless router to modem and then through our cable tv connection. I tried deleting my chat.dat.

You should get the latest version:  h.

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/

works like a charm Cheesy
legendary

Sent
legendary
....why isn't the xc releases signed with pgp and why download files don't have any checksums.
We need to be 100% careful, hackers are targeting all crypto.

Fully agree.
We should all urge devs on this as a top priority.
TAILS is a nice example how it can be handled https://tails.boum.org/download/index.en.html
Right (and rather simple) tools like PGP, SHA256 brings BIG results.
Hard to overvaluate them...

...Also xc official homepage isn't very friendly, the slide down buttons may be gimmicky but it is covering the other links ...

Right.  But I can live with that. Not a deal breaker

Dan's previous releases have had checksums, etc. so in general this is what we do already.

Not sure why the latest builds don't...

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
I came here to see if I could find any really technical discussion about comparing the full algorithm of SUPER & XC.
I guess I was expecting a little too much. Tongue

I can clearly see the flow & algorithm of SUPER's multi-sig transaction here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8324932

But it seems I need to really dig deep & search to see anything like this for XC. (while still being not as detailed)
Out of the guys here badmouthing other coins, how many actually know XC's algorithm as much as the other coin?
I'm no dev currently but am technical & can read a little through the code.

It would be quite handy as a potential investor to at least know more about XC's implementation.
It would be great if someone can at least compare their algorithm to see which "may" be better. Smiley
BTW, I've never FUD ever in BCT. Hopefully you guys don't see it this way. I own some XC also!
(i must admit, I'm currently  more invested in Super right now though. I'm sure many know. =p)

I love big whitepaper pictures. I MEAN, THE PICTURE CLEARLY SAYS THE WHOLE TRUTH, RIGHT?

You are free to invest in whatever coin you want, super is really cheap right now, and it might get you a good ROI idd. The only sure thing dude, is you are going to reinvest that back to XC and augment ur position.

Since you know how to read some code, you are more than welcome to check the 1.5rev source, since ATCsecure opened that. The whole keycoin concept is based on that source btw. Just keep in mind that our current rev is years ahead of that one. Smiley

Keep in mind that Dan promised a whitepaper by tomorrow, if he hasnt already(didnt check previous pages)
legendary
Traveling in subspace
Jump to: