Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 731. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Hello,

I might have missed it, but still.. Once this EM is done, will it be functional with 0 balance? Or is there a neccessary balance for this?

Thanks for the answers!

It's currently free.

May i ask if you can send offline messages, and in this case, are these stored on blockchain? Everything that is affecting blockchain could include a fee, but things that are sent directly through the network (multipath) should not include a fee. Imho you should not put a fee on "ip-traffic", thats just a service, same as for people who are providing bandwidth for the XC network.

Regards

XChat doesn't use the blockchain because then messages will be stored permanently, so if at any point in the future someone gains access to a private key, they'll be able to access your messages. Bad idea for privacy :-)

If you send to an offline user, your app will store the message locally (for max. 48 hours) until it connects to the recipient's app. This is just what the app does at present; it's not necessarily what it'll do in future.

XChat usage means more running apps, which means a more secure network, so we'll probably keep it free. :-)

Edit: oh and it's true P2P. It's a direct connection between nodes and is end-to-end encrypted. There's no need for forwarding or multipath because no record of the messages is left anywhere for anyone to track.

legendary
Activity: 1330
any one think exposure on this site will help use get my EM users?

http://torrentfreak.com/
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
Hello,

I might have missed it, but still.. Once this EM is done, will it be functional with 0 balance? Or is there a neccessary balance for this?

Thanks for the answers!

It's currently free.

May i ask if you can send offline messages, and in this case, are these stored on blockchain? Everything that is affecting blockchain could include a fee, but things that are sent directly through the network (multipath) should not include a fee. Imho you should not put a fee on "ip-traffic", thats just a service, same as for people who are providing bandwidth for the XC network.

Regards
Activity: 338
Merit: 255
Anybody else notice that mintpal volume has been significantly down since the hack ?

I dont mean only XC, all other coins too.

This is a major concern.

Everyone has moved to bittrex. I suggest you move your coins there. This will  seriously boost XC....No jokes. I'm moving it there right now as we speak. If we want XC to do well we need to move coins to the most prominent exchange. No one in the Altcoin world likes Mintpal anymore.

There are many influencial traders in altcoin one of them is IconicExpert...check him out on twitter. Devs pay this guys to post tweets...to move markets. Either way our best chance is to get our funds there.

Since the MP problem I have moved most of my bags to TREX, but seriously, with a volume of 3 BTC/24h, my XCs will still be in MP (x10 times volume).

Eth.
legendary
is it possible to use alias ?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Once its released, contact Snowden Wink

Nice idea ! 'scuse me while I go and buy some more.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Hello,

Thanks for the answers!

It's currently free.

Ok, thanks. Have you thought about the future though?
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Hello,

Thanks for the answers!

It's currently free.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Hello,

Thanks for the answers!
Activity: 162
Just been chatting to Dan on EM. Instant response, very quick  Cool

Me too, good stuff  Cool Cheesy

Multiple chat support, he was talking to 4 of us.  Cool
You can talk to multiple people at the same time like a normal chat/irc room instead of just 1 on 1 IM? Pooled chat?!
It was 1 on 1. Not sure about multiple people at the same time.
Just been chatting to Dan on EM. Instant response, very quick  Cool

Me too, good stuff  Cool Cheesy

Multiple chat support, he was talking to 4 of us.  Cool

I want Skype like calls as well Smiley
Yes, Skype functionality on a phone would top this off. One step at a time eh.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

You can talk to multiple people at the same time like a normal chat/irc room instead of just 1 on 1 IM? Pooled chat?!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Just been chatting to Dan on EM. Instant response, very quick  Cool

Me too, good stuff  Cool Cheesy

Multiple chat support, he was talking to 4 of us.  Cool

I want Skype like calls as well Smiley

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Once its released, contact Snowden Wink
foldingtime... do you have the same bug the previous messages get cleared when receiving a new message?
Yes, that still happens.
Activity: 193

legendary
***The XC Daily Update***

Today we invite you to test out the latest EM release!

Click here to download it!

It's testnet only, though you'll notice that the layout now has a handy message pane and a list of contacts.

will improve interface in future?
make it look more mordern app?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
foldingtime... do you have the same bug the previous messages get cleared when receiving a new message?
Jump to: