Pages:
Author

Topic: XEL - The Codable Decentralized Supercomputer - XEL.ORG - page 3. (Read 2202 times)

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
Is there a forging pool, or a way to delegate coins to another node?
copper member
Activity: 15
Merit: 53
XEL Decentralised Supercomputer. Codable
copper member
Hi;

In line with Bittrex's decision last Friday, XEL seems to have lost the only stock exchange available to US citizens. Do you have a new stock market plan?

Kind regards

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028996652-Market-Availability-Changes-for-U-S-Customers-6-21-19

We are in discussions with people who have experience in the field of exchanges and we ask for their advice. It was unpredictable for the team and we are hoping that we will be able to find some alternative in the near future. Nothing is certain though as most exchanges need listing fees and we can offer them almost nothing .
However, if someone from the U.S. wants to have a stake in XEL he can always keep his coins in one of the wallets. Also if forging is enabled it will be good for the network.
Activity: 187
Merit: 84
Hi;

In line with Bittrex's decision last Friday, XEL seems to have lost the only stock exchange available to US citizens. Do you have a new stock market plan?

Kind regards

https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028996652-Market-Availability-Changes-for-U-S-Customers-6-21-19
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
I mean the community has no money now. In this way, the community will be rich and the nodes are more active. Wink Wink

There are hundreds (if not thousands) of abandoned and forgotten coins which had inflation (by staking or by mining). Inflation by itself didn't make their communities rich at all.
There is something different which makes some crypto projects thrive - and that *something* is definitely not the inflation Smiley

But in general I get your point - staking inflation could create some incentive to stake the coins, and so to make the network stronger. I believe this question might be reconsidered at some point in the future. However for now adding inflation will change absolutely nothing. There are so many more important things to achieve here...
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073
Xel needs inflation, the key to making the network more dynamic. Do you have any plans? Grin Grin Grin

Do you imply the network is not dynamic enough currently? Is the transaction speed slow for your needs?  Roll Eyes
copper member
No need to do this,anyway he is a winner, although do nothing for community. More should be said is welcome back bro, this is a cool project, and everyone is welcome here. Wink Wink Wink Wink

Everyone with good will is welcome. We are here to help in everything regarding XEL. Bitter comments will get proper answers Smiley.
copper member
What's the reason for the re-ANN? Just a renewed bitcointalk presence?

Because after lannister / EK disappeared, they need to create a 3rd bct thread... amazing.  Roll Eyes

I will not say much, i think it's better to start reading what people write and than express your thoughts. EK is still around and he was not the author of the second ANN thread , ImI was.
You have gain a good amount from XEL, you were in for the money and you got it, please now let the people who love XEL do what they have to do.

I sold most of my coins at 20k on that last run up, but am buying under 10k as I've been keeping a close eye on the top 15 wallets.  Very steady, some have dumped 3-5% and some slowly keep growing.  If the devs truely are working and will release a product, they will move the price again... UP.    Steady Hands win the race here.
Activity: 755
Merit: 501

Because after lannister / EK disappeared, they need to create a 3rd bct thread... amazing.  Roll Eyes
copper member
In discord you guys announced few weeks back that some news is coming, was that this new announcement or its still coming?
Don’t see clear ways to tell people how to participate in network and what is future direction

At that time we didn't had access to the xel.org website and domain and project was left without official website for some long . Our announcement had to do with the new website which is for us the first step to get more people know about XEL .
We need developers or techy people willing to offer some of their free time to help organizing in some areas (documentation, ideas and more ). Only a few pairs of eyes and hands can't be anywhere. 
Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
In discord you guys announced few weeks back that some news is coming, was that this new announcement or its still coming?
Don’t see clear ways to tell people how to participate in network and what is future direction
copper member
We want a thread that team has access so we can maintain it proplerly. This account (XEL-project) will always belong to the development team even if current team dissapear. First ANN thread belong to Lanister and second thread to ImI. As a result of this, we were never able to make any changes by ourselves. I hope this makes sense.
Thanks for the clarifications. The point of course is the main thing is not to lose access to this account.
And then you have to open a new topic, and so on to infinity.

Seems you didn't get the point, all the previous ANN's were made by personal accounts. This is the first time that ANN is made by an official account that belongs to the team. XEL was always a decentralised open source project. There was no marketing team or leadership or roadmap or .... Many members tried to help back then by creating accounts about the project (bitcointalk, reddit, twitter etc). So we came up to a point where all the "official" accounts were created by different persons without giving the credentials while devs at that time were doing what they knew to do best. We are trying to change this and have things organized.

This project seems dead to me, not only XEL but all the projects that comes out before 2017 looking into Supercomputer space, let's wait and see what the team has in store for us, because now they need to be more visible to me and even trading on Bittrex is drying out and no real interest in the token

I can assure you we are not dead, we move slowly though. Take a look at our github https://github.com/xel-software

Did EK leave the XEL team?

EK is still in the team. You can read more in our May medium update, look at state of devs part https://medium.com/@xelproject/xel-update-may-2019-68322e488627
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
Did EK leave the XEL team?
Activity: 2072
Merit: 529
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
This project seems dead to me, not only XEL but all the projects that comes out before 2017 looking into Supercomputer space, let's wait and see what the team has in store for us, because now they need to be more visible to me and even trading on Bittrex is drying out and no real interest in the token
Activity: 924
Merit: 255

We want a thread that team has access so we can maintain it proplerly. This account (XEL-project) will always belong to the development team even if current team dissapear. First ANN thread belong to Lanister and second thread to ImI. As a result of this, we were never able to make any changes by ourselves. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the clarifications. The point of course is the main thing is not to lose access to this account.
And then you have to open a new topic, and so on to infinity.
copper member
Have any promotion campaign? For example airdrop and bounty?

Or why make re Ann?

There is no promotion campaign set as we don't have funds for marketing. Any funds we have or will get will be used for developing.
Airdrop neither, distribution was made years ago.
There is currently a bounty, https://twitter.com/xel_community/status/1133575762353819649. Help us with Travelling Salesman Problem and claim 500$.
About re Ann just check some posts above.

Is there a renewed roadmap too?
At the moment no. Our human resources are very limited, we are currently less than half a dousin people that try to do anything. You can understand this is becoming really hard to maintain. More people have express their willing to help. We need more experienced people though to give developers more space to do what really matters , coding .

Totally understand you.
If you list things that you need help with, the community might respond.
I'll jump in your discord next week and see if i can help you in any way

Either way, i love your project, i hope you succeed 👍👍

We have made announcements in the past about what positions we need to be filled. There is a section in discord #get-involved , where people can express their willing to help and what's their expertise.
Well done, look forward to getting better and better.   xel  mark Smiley Smiley Smiley

Smiley
Activity: 698
Merit: 503
Substantiate your success.
copper member
Activity: 403
Merit: 8
Have any promotion campaign? For example airdrop and bounty?

Or why make re Ann?
Activity: 180
Merit: 10
https://twitter.com/3Hiyatus
At the moment no. Our human resources are very limited, we are currently less than half a dousin people that try to do anything. You can understand this is becoming really hard to maintain. More people have express their willing to help. We need more experienced people though to give developers more space to do what really matters , coding .

Totally understand you.
If you list things that you need help with, the community might respond.
I'll jump in your discord next week and see if i can help you in any way

Either way, i love your project, i hope you succeed 👍👍
copper member

Yeah it does make sense. Hope you guys manage to keep going and get the project working as intended

We will do our best at least Smiley. We will need more help from the community though.
Pages:
Jump to: