Author

Topic: XII FREE Tipster Competition -sponsored by DirectBet- (Main Thread) - page 156. (Read 229595 times)

Activity: 853
Merit: 500
Extra rewards and bonuses in case of win to the high bankroll players on the next promo, like said @ndnhc would be great and fair and would not exclude those players betting with low bankroll, as well.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
As u9y42 pointed out we are really concerned about risking exclusion to some users from being able to join the competition. That's the main reason why we never settled a minimum bankroll.
We did gave incentives for big bankrolls, to reward their "courage", if you want to call it that.

Like we already said, we will analyze this matter and take your opinions into consideration as we always do.

In the meanwhile good luck for these final days in the competition!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
Hi. this competition is great but also i think its not FAIR ENOUGH ! Huh If you look at the leader boards table you can see participants with smaller bankrolls are at the top of standing. but why? because of a simple reason! they can take more RISKS due to their smaller bankroll! they place their bets with little money continuously and Waiting for a chance! So to have a fair competition i think must be a MINIMUM LIMIT for bankrolls. for example 100 mbtc or 50 mbtc Or any other reasonable amount. good luck  Smiley

The only reason why we don't have a minimum bankroll is to allow anyone to enter. We rewarded those who took a bigger risk with a large bankroll by giving them better prizes and freebets.
I understand what you are saying, an we will take that into consideration, but you must really understand that what you can do with a small bank you can do with a big one. So what really should be happening is that the smaller banks should be thinking, maybe I can trust my bets and use a bigger one to increase my profit next time.

Imagine if sanerin played with 1 BTC bankroll, and made exactly the same bets. His ROI% would be the same, and his profit would be really good. So in my opinion players should be able to trust their skill.
Anyway like I said, we will take your opinion into consideration.

Thanks for your consideration dear FrueGreads but as i said the difference between those who have smaller bankrolls and some ones with large bankrolls is COURAGE IN BETTING ! As a rule in betting, the less money the more daring Smiley So I think in order to eliminate this issue one way is PUTTING LIMITS for bankrolls.

I can't say I disagree with you, but I certainly don't like the solution you are proposing - personally (and mind you, the decision won't be up to me; at most, I will be asked my opinion on it so, here it is in advance, I guess Tongue), I feel that we should be aiming for a set of rules that make the competition interfere as little as possible with what the participants would normally be doing without any additional incentives. The most I would deviate from this would be to promote consistent results whenever possible (by reducing the effect luck has), and to encourage more users to join the competition (it won't be interesting, or last very long, otherwise).

With that in mind, I believe participants should enter with whatever bankroll they feel comfortable with and, if someone with a very low starting bankroll ends up winning the competition, so be it - the alternative as you propose it, it seems to me, would be to discourage users joining, and force others (potentially the majority) to play with a bankroll they don't feel comfortable with, and probably wouldn't be using in any other circumstances. Further, exaggerated risk taking wouldn't really disappear; it would be relegated to those who feel the minimum mandatory bankroll is small enough for them (effectively rewarding those with more BTC to spend).

Now, this doesn't mean the rules, as they are now, are perfect, or set in stone, of course; several changes have been made so far and, this competition continuing for any length of time in the future, many more will be made, I'm sure. To this end, and repeating what FrueGreads already stated, we will take every opinion and idea participants share with us into consideration - which is only fair, I guess, since it is you all who will have to follow the rules - but I hope they will move things in the direction of promoting more participation, and not less.

Thanks for your response u9y42! as i said i think Putting MINIMUM limits for bankrolls is a way to to achieve a fairer competition but maybe there are other ways to this issue. any way i think If you do not any changes in bankroll rules in the future , smaller bankrolls will be the winners for always Smiley and every one goes to take small banks ! 

Totally agree with this. I think the minimum bankroll should be $5- $10. Its a small amount if you compare to the prize of the competition. If there is no minimum bankroll then the winner will keep be the one that spam high odds betting
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Hi. this competition is great but also i think its not FAIR ENOUGH ! Huh If you look at the leader boards table you can see participants with smaller bankrolls are at the top of standing. but why? because of a simple reason! they can take more RISKS due to their smaller bankroll! they place their bets with little money continuously and Waiting for a chance! So to have a fair competition i think must be a MINIMUM LIMIT for bankrolls. for example 100 mbtc or 50 mbtc Or any other reasonable amount. good luck  Smiley

The only reason why we don't have a minimum bankroll is to allow anyone to enter. We rewarded those who took a bigger risk with a large bankroll by giving them better prizes and freebets.
I understand what you are saying, an we will take that into consideration, but you must really understand that what you can do with a small bank you can do with a big one. So what really should be happening is that the smaller banks should be thinking, maybe I can trust my bets and use a bigger one to increase my profit next time.

Imagine if sanerin played with 1 BTC bankroll, and made exactly the same bets. His ROI% would be the same, and his profit would be really good. So in my opinion players should be able to trust their skill.

Thanks for your consideration dear FrueGreads but as i said the difference between those who have smaller bankrolls and some ones with large bankrolls is COURAGE IN BETTING ! As a rule in betting, the less money the more daring Smiley So I think in order to eliminate this issue one way is PUTTING LIMITS for bankrolls.

I can't say I disagree with you, but I certainly don't like the solution you are proposing - personally (and mind you, the decision won't be up to me; at most, I will be asked my opinion on it so, here it is in advance, I guess Tongue), I feel that we should be aiming for a set of rules that make the competition interfere as little as possible with what the participants would normally be doing without any additional incentives. The most I would deviate from this would be to promote consistent results whenever possible (by reducing the effect luck has), and to encourage more users to join the competition (it won't be interesting, or last very long, otherwise).

With that in mind, I believe participants should enter with whatever bankroll they feel comfortable with and, if someone with a very low starting bankroll ends up winning the competition, so be it - the alternative as you propose it, it seems to me, would be to discourage users joining, and force others (potentially the majority) to play with a bankroll they don't feel comfortable with, and probably wouldn't be using in any other circumstances. Further, exaggerated risk taking wouldn't really disappear; it would be relegated to those who feel the minimum mandatory bankroll is small enough for them (effectively rewarding those with more BTC to spend).

Now, this doesn't mean the rules, as they are now, are perfect, or set in stone, of course; several changes have been made so far and, this competition continuing for any length of time in the future, many more will be made, I'm sure. To this end, and repeating what FrueGreads already stated, we will take every opinion and idea participants share with us into consideration - which is only fair, I guess, since it is you all who will have to follow the rules - but I hope they will move things in the direction of promoting more participation, and not less.

Thanks for your response u9y42! as i said i think Putting MINIMUM limits for bankrolls is a way to to achieve a fairer competition but maybe there are other ways to this issue. any way i think If you do not any changes in bankroll rules in the future , smaller bankrolls will be the winners for always Smiley and every one goes to take small banks ! 
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016
Only a few hours left, congratulations for all the winner especially sanerin with that high percentage of ROI but I think the highlights is hexcoin and ndnhc that play big and get a quite good profit even if they dont win
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

Well, I did already try to point out that with a lower bankroll it is much easier to win that it appears.

As long as the house edge is less than 13% and the players bankroll is something like 1 to 10 mBTC, the player can bet at all possible outcomes of an event and get a positive ROI of up to 0.65% per bet.

Also, it allows the player to make big risks. Even if the player is crazy enough to bet 1 BTC on a 20x bet, directbet.eu has a max bet in place.

Anyway, I don't have any complains now that you have given extra rewards and bonuses in case of win to the high bankroll players. Just posted here so that you can re-consider rules if you like on the next promo. Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
When can we post entries for next month?
Im intrested to go next month serious even with a bankroll of 1 btc

Let's wait for this one to end, and then we will see. Good to hear you want to get serious about this competition!

Actually I don't think anyone with a 1 btc bankroll would do 100 bets of 1% of their bankroll @ 100 odds or more  Cool Because you could just 3x all-in and get max reward and don't follow any long-shots right?  Cool

I'm sorry I did not understand. What do you mean by 3x all-in?

Just saw the leaderboard. 704% is crazy . Did they remove the 5% min bet or does it still count in the bets ?

Yes the 5% was always on. You can make a very good profit following strict bankroll management rules.
Good profit and a minimized risk of bankrupt.
legendary
Activity: 954
Merit: 1000
Just saw the leaderboard. 704% is crazy . Did they remove the 5% min bet or does it still count in the bets ?
Jump to: