Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 110. (Read 90815 times)

legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
In my tests with ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9ghz and Cryptonight V7 there is no gain from 8 threads comparing to 6 threads. It gives ~540h/s with your miner and the same with xmr-stak.
Old classic cryptonight and xmr-stak was favoring from 8 threads (620h/s vs 560-580h/s with 6 threads). But speed fluctuates and doesn't like other tasks running at parallel
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
impressive score with a Vishera, close to my Ryzen !

about the --variation, cryptolight v7 is for TurtleCoin as far as i know. Jce is optimized for it and uses half Large Pages to ensure contiguous memory.

So, on jce the equivalent is --variation 4
but if you mine turtlecoin, it should be automatic.

jce Dualshares on the way, it will be like the lowpower of stak, but not ready yet, i've to implement it in assembly, it takes some time.
so i expect jce not to be faster than stak with current version lacking dualshare.
Good news! Thanks for your work.
Waiting low power modes...
Hey bro, sorry again for the lost shares...
Even if at 34 h/s the loss is not that big...

You worth a preview of JCE 0.24e (e for experimental)

Without doublehash, on my Xeon Core2, one thread
Code:
Preparing 1 Mining Threads...

+-- Thread 0 config -----------------------------+
| Run on CPU:             0                      |
| Use cache:              yes                    |
| Double-hash:            no                     |
| Assembly module:        generic_sse4           |
+------------------------------------------------+

Cryptonight Variation: Original Cryptonight
Allocated 2MB Cached Large Page Scratchpad Buffer for CPU 0 of NUMA node 0 at: 0000000005600000
11:13:40 | Hashrate Thread 0: 29.26 h/s
11:13:40 | Total: 29.26 h/s

With experimental double-hash
Code:
Preparing 1 Mining Threads...

+-- Thread 0 config -----------------------------+
| Run on CPU:             0                      |
| Use cache:              yes                    |
| Double-hash:            yes                    |
| Assembly module:        generic_sse4           |
+------------------------------------------------+

Cryptonight Variation: Original Cryptonight
Allocated 4MB Cached Large Page Scratchpad Buffer for CPU 0 of NUMA node 0 at: 0000000005800000
11:03:53 | Hashrate Thread 0: 31.19 h/s
11:03:53 | Total: 31.19 h/s

So yes there's a light perf increase Cool
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

about the --variation, cryptolight v7 is for TurtleCoin as far as i know. Jce is optimized for it and uses half Large Pages to ensure contiguous memory.

jce Dualshares on the way, it will be like the lowpower of stak, but not ready yet, i've to implement it in assembly, it takes some time.
so i expect jce not to be faster than stak with current version lacking dualshare.
Good news! Thanks for your work.
Waiting low power modes...

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Hi

Here is my FX6300 HR.

http://s1.bild.me/bilder/110417/8049129JCE0.21-FX6300-LOW.jpg

Config:

--auto -t 6 --low
Activity: 80
Merit: 13
hey, with new LiteV7 i experimented with other miners (XMR stak) actually the 1mb scratchpad made the cpu has at an astounding 1497 h/s steady! (12 threads, 4 of them are set to low power automatically) that's over 300% of the normal monerov7! (484 h/s) So, do you know what should i do with your miner? I''m looking for a Lite coin to mine since GPU is much more powerful in these.
Edit: Ops, i have a Ryzen 1600 non overclocked.
Regards, keep the good work.
nice cpu, if you could get the 0.24d and use the autoconfig, i'd like to see what it puts, since your cpu has exclusive cache.
to try : just --auto

Otherwise, i think the 6 threads are the best, so use --auto -t 6 in case the autoconfig screws up.
I didn't test the exclusive cache on a real amd cpu, i've a Excavator on one rig but not working for now (gpu problem, cannot boot) Cry
Activity: 44
i need help, i have a AMD FX-6300 6 core base: 3.5ghz  turbo:  3.8ghz

supported tech:    AES   AVX   FMA4

8MB l3 cache

whats best config
Yes, I expected that error.
No way to go through proxy with current versions, this is a known limitation of my netcode. VPN may work (not tested), VM works (tested) but not proxies nor socks nor tunnels.
Activity: 33
15:29:54 | Connection failed: Socked connect error: Cannot reach pool on Intern
t, is your connection up?
15:29:54 | Connection interrupted, waiting 5s then retry.

then please give an example of how to connect through a proxy?
Good Cool, i'll continue to add new coins however, to have good logs and autoconfig.
Making a minor revision 0.24e right now, with partial dual-share support and a light perf optimization on 64-bits non-AES.
Activity: 66
Thanks for your feedback Smiley
Yeah 50h/s is pretty weak, but mining is always fun Smiley

0.24d online with unlocked coin list

If your coin is listed, no change.
Otherwise, use --any plus --variation N with N>=1 to set the fork (because JCE won't be able to deduce it).
Adding --any on a known coin is ignored.

Also added the handling of exclusive cache for AMD.
And shipping the .zip with a .bat to show how to mine multi-pool with JCE

Next task: update the documentation

https://imgur.com/a/ek9c1Nc

Newton Coin
i get error
what wrong ?

I don't know that coin, let's say it's cryptonight.
1. download 0.24d
2. command is:
Code:
jce_cn_cpu_miner64 --any --variation 1 .....
followed by the args you already provided (wallet, pool...). If you get only bad share, try another value for --variation, from 1 to 6

it's work ..ty sir
Correct, my netcode won't work with such construction, you probably get a DNS or socket error message. This is not a bug, just a limitation. I'll make the documentation more precise about this.
I use 3proxy-0.8.11-x64 where port forwarding is enabled( tcppm 45700 xmr.pool.minergate.com 45700), but your miner does not work
Jce supports internet proxies and vpn and can mine on any port like 80 or 443 to bypass firewalls, but what it connects to must be a real pool on real internet, not a stratum proxy or socks.

i avoid changing netcode for now, already did some goofs with ssl, now focusing on dualshare
I have about 60 computers in a local network with a total speed of 9.5 Kh on Monero . Use xmrig-cpu and xmr-stak. You know why I won't use your miner even if he is faster because I don't have direct network access to the Internet as you require. This is not done correctly, it is a pity that you will not be able to get your interest.
Thanks for your feedback Smiley
Yeah 50h/s is pretty weak, but mining is always fun Smiley

0.24d online with unlocked coin list

If your coin is listed, no change.
Otherwise, use --any plus --variation N with N>=1 to set the fork (because JCE won't be able to deduce it).
Adding --any on a known coin is ignored.

Also added the handling of exclusive cache for AMD.
And shipping the .zip with a .bat to show how to mine multi-pool with JCE

Next task: update the documentation

Newton Coin
i get error
what wrong ?

I don't know that coin, let's say it's cryptonight.
1. download 0.24d
2. command is:
Code:
jce_cn_cpu_miner64 --any --variation 1 .....
followed by the args you already provided (wallet, pool...). If you get only bad share, try another value for --variation, from 1 to 6
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Having fun mining XMR with my weak & outdated Pentium G3460, both cores used with "low" setting.

Pool is Nanopool, known for hi difficulty.
Reminder of my computer hardware:
mobo H81
10GB (8+2) DDR3
Power draw at the wall: 22W (total 422W, 400W for ETH).

Average speed is around 50H/s at the pool with huge bumps (can be 410H/s peak and nothing for 1 1/2 hours).

Not profitable IMO, due to the very weak CPU, but fun to learn how to use this miner.
ok guys you win, i unlock the coin list and add the --any parameter to allow mine any coin on any pool. just the fork will have to be set manually in such case. will be in next version.
Activity: 66
https://imgur.com/a/ek9c1Nc

Newton Coin
i get error
what wrong ?
Jump to: