Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 111. (Read 90815 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 1
Linux: planned, but focusing for now on fixing bugs, IPBC variation, exclusive cache and doublehash.
Another vote for a Linux version.
Glad to see some good developers working on CPU miners!
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
0.24c online

Support of Interplanetary Broadcast Cryptolight-IPBC
this is --variation 6. Works on all combinations : 32/64 bits, with or without AES, and even dual-thread.
no other change, you can keep 0.24b if you don't mine IPBC.
But please upgrade from all versions lower than 0.24b

The devs created an xmrig fork to mine it, would be nice to have a 2nd option
Here you are. Cool
Issue with the pool or your config file. It's okay for me with nanopool XMR pool.
In this config address and port is right, as you can see from screen. Address of my wallet for nicehash is right too. With this config all other miners, including Nicehashminer, mines normal...

Hoo, bro, i'm really sorry.
You use Nicehash, for which i've very specific netcode (Nicehash is a custom implementation of stratum) plus SSL, which is also special. And both together : boom.

I fixed this in 0.24b yesterday, but i'll re-re-check again to be sure.
Sorry for the lost coins, but i plead innocent : the miner correctly report 0 shares valid, and the lost shares didn't go to me, they where sent to your Nicehash with clear stratum instead of SSL stratum (bug!), hence the no-answer from the pool (no report of invalid share, just no answer).

I suspend dev of IPBC to double check that bug, my top priority now. Cry

Rapidly :
Config : look at the start.bat shipped in the .zip, change example values with yours (pool, port and wallet) and that's good.
Linux: planned, but focusing for now on fixing bugs, IPBC variation, exclusive cache and doublehash.

edit:
Code:
20:31:25 | Pool cryptonightv7.eu.nicehash.com:33363 (SSL)
20:31:25 | Currency Nicehash Cryptonight V7
20:31:25 | Current pool Difficulty 100001
20:31:25 | Valid Shares found 12
20:31:25 | Total hashes 1200012
20:31:25 | Miner uptime 0:34:16
20:31:25 | Effective net hashrate 583.66 h/s
20:37:08 | Nicehash session timeout, instant-reconnect.
20:37:08 | Connecting with SSL to mining pool cryptonightv7.eu.nicehash.com:33363 ...
20:37:09 | Connected to pool. Now logging in...
20:37:09 | Successfuly logged as xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
20:37:09 | Pool changes Difficulty to 100001.

0.24b seems to work, and the JCE-specific feature of Nicehash instant-reconnect also looks good

Note: if you mine at 34h/s maybe a pool with lower Difficulty would be better?
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
@JCE-Miner

It will be nice to see a total hashes / uptime when I press R key.

So far so good, a nice addition to my GPU rigs. Thanks
in case you didn't notice, I added that feature, and i love it!

Perfect, thank you. Another idea for you: Show maximum and average CPU temperature. It will be useful for watching overclock performance.

JCE is a nice income boost for GPU rigs
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Any idea when a Linux version will be available? I could try it but I am Windows-free and have nowhere to run it. Your miner sounds promising and I would like to try it on an old non-AES comp, but again, it's Linux machine...
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I'd like to try this with my old CPU.
AMD X2 250 3.0ghz processor running windows 7 32bit
AMD X2 250 3.0ghz processor running windows 10 64bit

I've already downloaded the miner. I know how to get wallet address. I just don't know how to configure this miner. What file should be configured? I'm a GPU miner and I am very familiar with DSTM, EWBF but I have no idea with this CPU miner. Please help. Thanks.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Issue with the pool or your config file. It's okay for me with nanopool XMR pool.
In this config address and port is right, as you can see from screen. Address of my wallet for nicehash is right too. With this config all other miners, including Nicehashminer, mines normal...
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
On my i3 on my work 32-bit no-EAS miner finds shares, but they are go away to nowhere.
Pool didn't show finded shares...
Thats the screen:
right, i didn't want to fix all bugs the same time, to avoid another bad share fiasco like the 0.22. need to take more time to test each release.

next dev is ipbc variation and exclusive cache detect.
dualshare still pending

thanks for the feedback Smiley
Activity: 37
Merit: 5
* AMD cpu detection fixes

CPU detection not tested because i've no Vishera CPU Sad
Detection now works perfekt, FX-8350 is detected as Vishera and uses generic_aes automatically.

But the miner still uses just 2 threads with SumoCoin (Cryptonight-Heavy), ending up at only 115 H/s. Forcing the miner to use 4 threads to fill L2 and L3 cache completely results in 219 H/s  Cheesy
@JCE-Miner

It will be nice to see a total hashes / uptime when I press R key.

So far so good, a nice addition to my GPU rigs. Thanks
in case you didn't notice, I added that feature, and i love it!
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor
Architecture codename: Thuban
  SSE2          : Yes
  SSE3          : Yes
  SSE4          : No
  AES           : No
  AVX           : No

Found CPU 0, with:
  L1 Cache:    64 KB
  L2 Cache:   512 KB
  L3 Cache:  6144 KB, shared with CPU 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Found CPU 1, with:
  L3 Cache:  6144 KB, shared with CPU 0, 2, 3, 4, 5
Found CPU 2, with:
  L3 Cache:  6144 KB, shared with CPU 0, 1, 3, 4, 5
Found CPU 3, with:
  L3 Cache:  6144 KB, shared with CPU 0, 1, 2, 4, 5
Found CPU 4, with:
  L3 Cache:  6144 KB, shared with CPU 0, 1, 2, 3, 5
Found CPU 5, with:
  L3 Cache:  6144 KB, shared with CPU 0, 1, 2, 3, 4

Preparing 6 Mining Threads...

+-- Thread 0 config -----------------------------+
| Run on CPU:             0                      |
| Use cache:              yes                    |
| Assembly module:        generic_sse3           |
+------------------------------------------------+

133 h/s average monero in 18 hours, no idea about power, 0.24b. CPU is overclocked 19.5 x 200 MHz.

Thanks
yeah, just read the code, that's Cryptolight-v7 plus a subtle change. easy to do, even in assembly. will be in next version, as --variation 6
thanks for the guide !
Activity: 1179
Hi mate am currently using 0.23 and it seems there is an issue of logging in as well as invalid shares
I am mining XMR

May I know how can i resolve it? Thanks in advance

Please update to 0.24b, and provide the first lines of log that jce outputs. Of course you can anonymize your wallet in the log.

The coin override flag sounds a good idea, i could allow that and make the --variation param mandatory in such case, so the fork config belongs to the user.

IPBC is strange, is that a coin that change fork at every hash ? I tested it good with v7 then CN-classic, and now i get bad shares again. It probably change often. In such case, it would need a very special code that i don't have time to do yet Sad

And AMD FX-8350 is detected as Kuma instead of Vishera. Besides, the code the miner uses with auto is generic_sse3. When I set the CPU to vishera manually, it uses generic_aes.
Ok it's a bad bug Cry, will check this, thanks

Meanwhile, SuperiorCoin to be added Smiley

I believe this is the code that shows you the difference between IPBC and Cryptonight:  https://github.com/ipbc-dev/ipbc-miner/commit/93fb121a19626e0c1b9dac9a0e2af73072be9fea      its actually a modification of cryptonight-light.  It forked on Monday:  https://www.reddit.com/r/ipbcoin/comments/8cms2s/ipbc_has_now_forked_at_block_54900_all_you_need/

The devs created an xmrig fork to mine it, would be nice to have a 2nd option Smiley
0.24b online

Code:
* Added SuperiorCoin
* Added EDollar
* Added Masari
* Removed Interplanetary (coin with dynamic PoW, not handled by JCE)
* Netcode fixes, should fix last cases of pool errors and bad shares
* AMD cpu detection fixes

CPU detection not tested because i've no Vishera CPU Sad
This version invalidates all previous versions.
Hi mate am currently using 0.23 and it seems there is an issue of logging in as well as invalid shares
I am mining XMR

Please update to 0.24b, and provide the first lines of log that jce outputs. Of course you can anonymize your wallet in the log.

The coin override flag sounds a good idea, i could allow that and make the --variation param mandatory in such case, so the fork config belongs to the user.

IPBC is strange, is that a coin that change fork at every hash ? I tested it good with v7 then CN-classic, and now i get bad shares again. It probably change often. In such case, it would need a very special code that i don't have time to do yet Sad

And AMD FX-8350 is detected as Kuma instead of Vishera. Besides, the code the miner uses with auto is generic_sse3. When I set the CPU to vishera manually, it uses generic_aes.
Ok it's a bad bug Cry, will check this, thanks

Meanwhile, SuperiorCoin to be added Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
I am mining XMR

Activity: 43
Merit: 2
I mean its your software, so you can do as you please, but I think you should offer a flag to override this.  The coin I am referring to is SuperiorCoin.  Its listed on coinmarketcap and has been around for nearly a year, yet I can't use your miner because of a wallet address.  And if a new coin comes out we will be at the mercy of you to issue an update.  Also there are flags that you mention on the github page that do not appear in the built in help command.

Dev has been very friendly with adding coin support though.

Maybe if one helped him via donations then he'd be open to flags on his closed source software. I think it's perhaps unfair to profit off of something/someone and you're not willing to invest in the guy.

I went through the same thought process, but upon reflection that's the conclusion I came to. Just my 2 sats.
Activity: 1179
I mean its your software, so you can do as you please, but I think you should offer a flag to override this.  The coin I am referring to is SuperiorCoin.  Its listed on coinmarketcap and has been around for nearly a year, yet I can't use your miner because of a wallet address.  And if a new coin comes out we will be at the mercy of you to issue an update.  Also there are flags that you mention on the github page that do not appear in the built in help command.
Jump to: