Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 2. (Read 90791 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 13
dude, just do the dev fee that you like, according to fluctuations..... idc if its 2% and became 3%...
c'mon
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
End of development

Hello all,

Sorry for the 2-week blackout, but i'm coming with bad news: as I expected, i lost most of the dev time I used to have the previous 12 monthes and i now have virtually zero.

I could somehow cheat by taking the reference code I miss (CN-GPU, CN-Monero4, Wow...), compile it and get some fees for free, but that would be mishonnest. Rather than providing bad support, i prefer to explicit say i need to stop.

While the lack of time is the principal reason, i also noticed:
- A strong loss of value of Coins, only a few of them are still profitable, unless you have free power
- My competitors got a lot stronger. Xmrig/stak went from a naive C code (march 2018) to an on-the-fly assembly generator (march 2019). While not impossible, beating them would take a lot more time than it took one year ago when there were just three, simple forks.

I wish i had released one last farewell version, like with CN-ReverseWaltz, but i just have zero time left. I struggled to release the v8-capable in october (almost) in time, but for Monero4 i just can't.

I thank you all for your priceless comments, support and bug report, with a mention for Unclwish who found some crazy obscure bugs.
I'll put an explicit message in first post and GitHub page to state the last supported forks are the ones of jan/fev 2019 (Turtle v2 & al.) and that there will be none for Monero4.

Thanks again and goodbye,
  - JCE

GoodNight Sweet Prince!...
Activity: 35
 Cry
Sad event. JCE was the best for older generation CPUs non-AES architecture. XMRIG gives much less hashes.
Activity: 306
Merit: 2
Please release 1 final update for Cnote R (Monero)
Activity: 7
End of development

Hello all,

Sorry for the 2-week blackout, but i'm coming with bad news: as I expected, i lost most of the dev time I used to have the previous 12 monthes and i now have virtually zero.

I could somehow cheat by taking the reference code I miss (CN-GPU, CN-Monero4, Wow...), compile it and get some fees for free, but that would be mishonnest. Rather than providing bad support, i prefer to explicit say i need to stop.

- A strong loss of value of Coins, only a few of them are still profitable, unless you have free power
- My competitors got a lot stronger. Xmrig/stak went from a naive C code (march 2018) to an on-the-fly assembly generator (march 2019). While not impossible, beating them would take a lot more time than it took one year ago when there were just three, simple forks.

I wish i had released one last farewell version, like with CN-ReverseWaltz, but i just have zero time left. I struggled to release the v8-capable in october (almost) in time, but for Monero4 i just can't.

I thank you all for your priceless comments, support and bug report, with a mention for Unclwish who found some crazy obscure bugs.
I'll put an explicit message in first post and GitHub page to state the last supported forks are the ones of jan/fev 2019 (Turtle v2 & al.) and that there will be none for Monero4.

- JCE

Thanks for your miner, very sad to read ending dev but understandable.

hopefully you get to return one day..!!

thanks again..

p.s if you ever did come back as a subscription type miner , id be paying!:)

x
Activity: 762
Merit: 35
Sad day for crypto Sad

JCE, you could release montly builds for CPU or GPU only.
Activity: 1
JCE, your miner is really a great thing, faster and better of all similar miners (before i was using xmrig, but your's gives a better hashrate and more stable). I have been using JCEminer for almost a half of a year, and surely was hoping that you are going to implement new Monero algo. This is such a very sad news that you are ending development(. I would like to thank you for all work you've done, and surely hoping for your come back:)
Activity: 64
i am really sorry to hear that, i completly loved this miner , specially the CPU one.

i did not have time to look here last weeks, but what i wanted to ask, and specially now, when XMR hardfolks, which cpu coin should i prefer to mine now to be able to use JCE for the next time?

I would some with "good profits" Wink Wink now, not maybe in some years - i tried many crypto calc., but in really its only the own experience what is best, and i really do not so have much time beside my job Embarrassed

Again, THX for JCE and all best!!!
Activity: 41
Most stable and imperceptible cpu miner! May be you could give us good v9 before ending?
+100!
copper member
Activity: 293
Merit: 11
pff ...jésus  Cool

thank you for all the work done, hoping that this is just a long break.
merci.
Activity: 24
Most stable and imperceptible cpu miner! May be you could give us good v9 before ending?
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
It's very sad that JCE has ended dev.

I hope someday it will be revived and updated.

it would be when cn coins become profitable again.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 251
It's very sad that JCE has ended dev.

I hope someday it will be revived and updated.
Activity: 37
Merit: 5
Very sad news  Embarrassed I wish you would reconsider once more. Perhaps at the moment mining is not profitable, but when you hodl and sell in 3 years, when BTC will be at 60.000 Wink the calculation is a different one.
Activity: 306
Merit: 2
That's a shame, I found your CN miner most stable of all and have many rigs using it  Embarrassed
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
End of development

Hello all,

- JCE

you dont have to be the best!! you have lot of ppl who just love your miner, cause it´s stable and fast!
i wish you the best and hope you will find back your motivation!
Motivaition is simple here - time for development does not pay off by the fees cause of low profit of CN-coins at this moment. And he's absolutly right!
Activity: 361
Merit: 16
End of development

Hello all,

- JCE

you dont have to be the best!! you have lot of ppl who just love your miner, cause it´s stable and fast!
i wish you the best and hope you will find back your motivation!
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Very sad news... I very llike your miner, JCE, and good support and feedback.
But you're right about profit of coins. Hope you'll return to development if profit grows.
Activity: 76
Dear @JCE-Miner i'm sad to hear that. I hope you will comeback when the next bull run will be in full run. I know there is hard times. I will continue use your miner as long as i can. I really enjoy it.
Activity: 145
Merit: 1
I used your miner a lot with heavy algos, it's so sad to loose an excellent dev like you. I wish you the best and perhaps a comeback when cryptos go to the moon again.
Pages:
Jump to: