Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 3. (Read 90791 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Please reconsider.

I don't care if you "only" implement the reference code, I'd be happy to keep on giving you fees. Your miner is awsome and the most stable by far. Mining has no been profitable to me for many months, I don't mind. Cryptos are at their infancy stage, as soon as the market recover, good projects will surge and I aim to use cryptos, not sell them for FIATs

So please, reconsider.

Regards

Activity: 350
Merit: 22
End of development

Hello all,

Sorry for the 2-week blackout, but i'm coming with bad news: as I expected, i lost most of the dev time I used to have the previous 12 monthes and i now have virtually zero.

I could somehow cheat by taking the reference code I miss (CN-GPU, CN-Monero4, Wow...), compile it and get some fees for free, but that would be mishonnest. Rather than providing bad support, i prefer to explicit say i need to stop.

While the lack of time is the principal reason, i also noticed:
- A strong loss of value of Coins, only a few of them are still profitable, unless you have free power
- My competitors got a lot stronger. Xmrig/stak went from a naive C code (march 2018) to an on-the-fly assembly generator (march 2019). While not impossible, beating them would take a lot more time than it took one year ago when there were just three, simple forks.

I wish i had released one last farewell version, like with CN-ReverseWaltz, but i just have zero time left. I struggled to release the v8-capable in october (almost) in time, but for Monero4 i just can't.

I thank you all for your priceless comments, support and bug report, with a mention for Unclwish who found some crazy obscure bugs.
I'll put an explicit message in first post and GitHub page to state the last supported forks are the ones of jan/fev 2019 (Turtle v2 & al.) and that there will be none for Monero4.

Thanks again and goodbye,
  - JCE
Activity: 296
Merit: 0
Why my core i7-8700k,when mine cryptonight sometimes starts with good hashrate ~=400 h/S but sometimes start with 270h/S and i have to do several restarts of miner ( or open multiple instances) to make it to maximum and sometimes i quit and i leave it in the low hashrate..
Yes, that's stange! I had this issue, too, on several i7-8700 "Coffee Lake". Interestingly never on AMD Ryzen and not with "Haswell" based Intel systems. Perhaps a "secret" Coffee Lake hw-prefetching mechanism, which sometimes gets into play and sometimes not?!  Huh
Guys,

Just doned an fresh install of windows and install the 1809 ver. I was in old working good version 1709 and wanted to

refresh. Smiley

When im mining with lol, srb or other miner , if i bloq the copmputer after a while computer restarts.. wtf?

I install first last amd driver and 18.6.1 and the symptom is the same..

never happened this,  and im using  an single gpu on my desktop pc Smiley

Now i catch the BSOD and appears:  whea uncorrectable error

Now i disable the turn monitor off after x minutes and seems work.

What should i look?
Activity: 37
Merit: 5
Why my core i7-8700k,when mine cryptonight sometimes starts with good hashrate ~=400 h/S but sometimes start with 270h/S and i have to do several restarts of miner ( or open multiple instances) to make it to maximum and sometimes i quit and i leave it in the low hashrate..
Yes, that's stange! I had this issue, too, on several i7-8700 "Coffee Lake". Interestingly never on AMD Ryzen and not with "Haswell" based Intel systems. Perhaps a "secret" Coffee Lake hw-prefetching mechanism, which sometimes gets into play and sometimes not?!  Huh
Activity: 296
Hi jce,

Very anoying, with other miners is the same, example the claysmore..   Cool

Regards
JCE, can you please check if there are differences in your code compare to the "final" fork project of GRAFT (CN Waltz) ?

It seems they added a "reversed shuffle operation".

https://github.com/graft-project/GraftNetwork/pull/234
https://github.com/MoneroOcean/node-cryptonight-hashing/pull/25

EDIT:
Testnet for CryptoNight v8 Reverse Waltz
54.208.86.27:28880
54.144.192.6:28880
35.175.164.180:28880
Download the CPU version from github (link in page 1 of this thread), then just set "low" in your .bat (among other instructions) and 50% of your CPU will be used.
Activity: 47
Help here I want to mine on cpu I have an intel i7 how to set up so that the mine will be valid on 4 cores or on 5 help what where to register
I use 1240MHz for the core and 2020 to 2040MHz for the memory, may be you can try before using custom intensity.
Activity: 195
Merit: 4
Set intensity to "1008" in config.txt (and call config.txt in your start.bat)

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
   { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 0, "multi_hash": 1008},
   { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 0, "multi_hash": 1008},
   { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 1, "multi_hash": 1008},
   { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 1, "multi_hash": 1008},
   { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 2, "multi_hash": 1008},
   { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 2, "multi_hash": 1008},
   { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 3, "multi_hash": 1008},
   { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 3, "multi_hash": 1008},
   { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 4, "multi_hash": 1008},
   { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4, "index" : 4, "multi_hash": 1008},
],

Then if some GPUs can't handle it, lower the last number by steps of 16.

I'll give that a shot, I was hoping to avoid using custom configs... JCE is just as fast with auto settings as SRB is with custom threading.... I use a program that does alot of algo based mining (not just CN), so I'm trying to get away from custom and go more towards auto. (If that makes sense)
Set intensity to "1008" in config.txt (and call config.txt in your start.bat)

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
],

Then if some GPUs can't handle it, lower the last number by steps of 16.
Will there be a patch/fix for CN-Turtle? It seems like the miner is considerably slow on this algo.

I get 32KH/s with 4 RX574
I get 4,8KH/s with Ryzen 2400G

What's your setup and your HR ?

Just did some testing, getting 3.5 khs on Turtle2... SRB is double that.

What config ? What hardware ?

The speed I get is what was expected from turtlecoin devs.

Config is auto at the moment.. Mining on (5)470 and 570.

All other algos perform as expected.
Activity: 5

CN-GPU: it's so different that's no longer CN-ish Undecided I think i'll add them but Monero v9 will be the high priority fork,
since, as you may have observed, i've very very little dev time left this year.

Everything is getting a fork it seems. Well understood you surely have stuff you have to do that isn't
about developing the miner, or even tech-related at all. Just wanted to say your work is appreciated.

Thank you.
Will there be a patch/fix for CN-Turtle? It seems like the miner is considerably slow on this algo.

What config ? What hardware ?

The speed I get is what was expected from turtlecoin devs.

I don't have the numbers off hand, I just remember testing the CPU one and it was 300-400 hs slower than XMRig.

I haven't tested it fully on my GPUs yet.

I assumed it was a release issue.

Activity: 24
Monero v9 is prior! We're waiting for it on cpu and gpu!

SRB is very unstable and love to crash the system.
Stack is unoptimized

Ryo was profitable only first 2 days after changing algo...
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
Hi all!

@Unclwish: i may have a fix for your crash, but not sure as I cannot reproduce. I need more tests.

Webchain and Hycon: as said previously, i really don't think i'll have time for them, as they are coin-specific non-standard CN forks. Look at SRB which supports them for GPU mining, and the xmrig forks for CPU.

CN-GPU: it's so different that's no longer CN-ish Undecided I think i'll add them but Monero v9 will be the high priority fork, since, as you may have observed, i've very very little dev time left this year. The long part is not to support the fork, but to provide extra speed, otherwise it's non-sense to get fees for the same speed as the reference, open-source miners. And optimizing assembly takes a lot of time. Tongue

pool kick: yes  --forever --keepalive is the way to keep connected.
Pages:
Jump to: