Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 73. (Read 90814 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253

speed jumps: lowering alpha or beta params sometimes help.
Alpha 64, beta 8. Can they be lower?
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
hello,

as an historically cpu miner, jce has no keep-alive yet, another feature i should take time to add. maybe use the default auto diff from your pool?

i tested the 18.5.1 drivers and the A8 FM2 apu isn't even recognized. the last OpenCL capable driver i found is 15.7
16.2 works but with no opencl, only OpenGL and directx.

about old HD7700: if you use Windows7, well it's just not supported. i tested old drivers 15.12 on Win8.1 and it runs fine on my hd7950 and 7790

speed jumps: lowering alpha or beta params sometimes help.
Activity: 176
Merit: 2
Hi All,

I have some issue when I set static diff high it's often pool connection drop, but if I set static diff low I don't have this problem.
my latency to pool is good around 30 ms. I used other miner in this case SRB with keepalive option don't have this issue even with statif diff high.
Any suggestion how to avoid this problem with JCE Miner?

https://imgur.com/a/QOJqsf6

Thanks.
Activity: 762
Merit: 35
I had the chance to test JCE on an old 7750.
Tested 29a and 32a. They both exit with message:
1. No device configured to mine on. (when auto)
2. Invalid configuration for GPU thread 0: No OpenCL-capable GPU found, no GPU mining possible.. (when config.txt is used)

Tried with XMRrig - 160h/s
It's practically impossible...
It's not. I have a couple of systems, too, which were rebootet last time several years ago. When the system is stable and auto updates are off, why should a system not run for years?  Huh
Different weather conditions - thunder, f.e. Power disconnections. In all countries there is a planned power disconnections to support power lines, etc.
Updating drivers...
Activity: 37
Merit: 5
It's not. I have a couple of systems, too, which were rebootet last time several years ago. When the system is stable and auto updates are off, why should a system not run for years?  Huh
I have been runing vegas on windoz for nearlly a year now
One year without a single restart on Windows??   Shocked
Activity: 73
I have been runing vegas on windoz for nearlly a year now
One year without a single restart on Windows??   Shocked
Thanks for reminder.
Windows 10 1709
AMD Driver 18.3.4
GPU-Z v2.9.0
what settings did you run the test on?  config for srb and jce.  That can indicate performance diff too.

With JCE, I use auto config for GPU, disabled CPU.
And with SRB, I set intensity to 53 (default is 51 for 580 8gb).

56 dual threads works best for SRB.  But yea I get higher hashrate on JCE on tube algo but cn-heavy is the same.
59 works better... On JCE 944 now better than 832 or 864. But speed on JCE jumps up and down to much... About 100 h/s up/down...
Hi All,

what is the best setting bittube or heavy for RX Vega 56?

Thanks.
Thanks for reminder.
Windows 10 1709
AMD Driver 18.3.4
GPU-Z v2.9.0
what settings did you run the test on?  config for srb and jce.  That can indicate performance diff too.

56 dual threads works best for SRB.  But yea I get higher hashrate on JCE on tube algo but cn-heavy is the same.

Yes bittube I got higher hashrate than SRB. RX 580 8GB Micron chipset cclock 1250 mclock 2200 with multi_hash 944 got more than 1150 h/s.
JCE 0.32 Driver 18.3.4 Windows 10 Build 1709.
hi all,

--no-cpu to disable cpu mining (manual or auto) and its reciprocal --no-gpu (but better use the cpu-only version in such case). thanks Unclwish for the reply.

ok i note the requests about gpu fan/temp, right, but i will add read-only features. it may be damaging to set voltage too high or fan too slow. that's a job for afterburner or overdriventool. but temp/fan read is useful and needed for watchdog.

jce is detected as trojan like every miner, but it contains no malicious code, really.

Hi JCE,

is it possible to add feature like ping to pool server? with this I guess we can reduce connection timeout from pool server.

Thanks.
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
Thanks for reminder.
Windows 10 1709
AMD Driver 18.3.4
GPU-Z v2.9.0
what settings did you run the test on?  config for srb and jce.  That can indicate performance diff too.

56 dual threads works best for SRB.  But yea I get higher hashrate on JCE on tube algo but cn-heavy is the same.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Thanks for reminder.
Windows 10 1709
AMD Driver 18.3.4
GPU-Z v2.9.0

Activity: 729
Merit: 114
Thanks for reminder.
Windows 10 1709
AMD Driver 18.3.4
GPU-Z v2.9.0
hi all,

--no-cpu to disable cpu mining (manual or auto) and its reciprocal --no-gpu (but better use the cpu-only version in such case). thanks Unclwish for the reply.

ok i note the requests about gpu fan/temp, right, but i will add read-only features. it may be damaging to set voltage too high or fan too slow. that's a job for afterburner or overdriventool. but temp/fan read is useful and needed for watchdog.

jce is detected as trojan like every miner, but it contains no malicious code, really.

Nice! Yes, it's just read-only features.
For me, I use overdriventool to do overclock and undervolt, it's ok.

Thanks for your support.

Also, just to inform if no one knows yet.
Just like SRB, running GPU-Z after running JCE-Miner can trigger the hashrate higher.

Here is the steps:
1. Run the miner until you see the miner receives first job from pool.
2. Wait until the console of GPU-Z appear, and then close it.
3. Now, press h to see your hashrate.

Other thing, below the screen shot of the comparison between SRB and JCE Miner, using same pool, same Overdriventool setting.
It is 8x HIS 580 8GB Hynix.
Algo: bittube v2
JCE Miner is higher about 10-20 h/s /card.

https://imgur.com/NfqsMj3
You forgot to point Windows version, drivers version and GPU-Z version to work all of it...

Thanks for reminder.
Windows 10 1709
AMD Driver 18.3.4
GPU-Z v2.9.0
This method woudn't work on Windows 10 1803. So it's allready useless...
Activity: 564
Merit: 19
Shame I am a strictly Linux GPU miner and can't use this. Using 31a for CPU mining. It is very very stable. The only thing I want is reporting CPU temp with json. A simple txt file read maybe?

hi all,

Thanks for your support.

Just like SRB, running GPU-Z after running JCE-Miner can trigger the hashrate higher.

Here is the steps:

Other thing, below the screen shot of the comparison between SRB and JCE Miner, using same pool, same Overdriventool setting.

You forgot to point Windows version, drivers version and GPU-Z version to work all of it...

Thanks for reminder.
Windows 10 1709
AMD Driver 18.3.4
GPU-Z v2.9.0
hi all,

Thanks for your support.

Here is the steps:

hi all,

Thanks for your support.

Here is the steps:

Pages:
Jump to: