Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 74. (Read 90814 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 22
hi all,

--no-cpu to disable cpu mining (manual or auto) and its reciprocal --no-gpu (but better use the cpu-only version in such case). thanks Unclwish for the reply.

ok i note the requests about gpu fan/temp, right, but i will add read-only features. it may be damaging to set voltage too high or fan too slow. that's a job for afterburner or overdriventool. but temp/fan read is useful and needed for watchdog.

jce is detected as trojan like every miner, but it contains no malicious code, really.
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
Very nice. I today tested the miner first time a bit more on my RX580 8GB and it gives good results. At least in the same ball park as cast xmr, which was for me better than srbminer.
Since autoconf is a thing, is there also a cli parameter to disable CPU mining?

how to download the gpu miner, chrome blocks me from downloading, please any advice.

Using chrome too, no problems. Make sure you got no addons installed that do some weird stuff.
thx, found the issue, was norton add on to the browser that was blocking the download.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Very nice. I today tested the miner first time a bit more on my RX580 8GB and it gives good results. At least in the same ball park as cast xmr, which was for me better than srbminer.

Use command line option --no-cpu
Activity: 70
Merit: 0

how to download the gpu miner, chrome blocks me from downloading, please any advice.

Using chrome too, no problems. Make sure you got no addons installed that do some weird stuff.
Activity: 125
Activity: 46
Hi JCE-Miner,

Please help to add temp and fan speed for each GPU, that information really useful to make sure my GPU not too hot.

Thanks.

Agreed. It really helps us to monitor the GPU temperature and do next action.
So far, I am very happy with JCE miner during trial on one of my rig.
Will see for next 24 hours.
If everything is good (hashrate, temperature, undervolt, overclock), I will switch my other 8 rigs to JCE miner.

Just expect temp and fan speed information on the next release please.
Hello guys! Could someone help with right .bat and .config? I'd like to test using rig with six RX480 8G, blockch. driver. Thanks in advance)
For proper work of GPU miner it's need Windows 8.1 and higher with 18.3.4 or later driver.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
No blockchain driver.
Activity: 103
Hello guys! Could someone help with right .bat and .config? I'd like to test using rig with six RX480 8G, blockch. driver. Thanks in advance)
Activity: 54
You still can use some monitoring tool such HWiNFO.

https://puissanceled.com/vrac/HWiNFO_RX.png
And it's need hw controls to overclock, undervolt, fan control, etc...
Activity: 176
Merit: 2
Hi JCE-Miner,

Please help to add temp and fan speed for each GPU, that information really useful to make sure my GPU not too hot.

Thanks.
Activity: 145
it looks it supports the Ryzen G apu, i need support of the A-series APU (the HD7000D), which are no longer supported by amd opencl since 2015 Sad

to answer above about 4G memory : not the full 4G can be allocated, the mining program and the drivers take some room. GPUZ gives info about max opencl allocation. on 4G with a screen (or dummy plug) on, it may be limited to ~3.5G
don't forget to setup the environment variable GPU_MAX...

geck: i didn't even know Awesome supports jce. look at your pool, you'll see i don' cheat 35% of your shares…

i don't know what Awesome get its numbers from. the Effective hashrate is avaible in the native json output.

I'm not saying you cheat the shares. I'm thinking there maybe something wrong with the hash rate reporting via api to awesomeminer?

awesomeminer picks up the right hashrate with 0.31f but something must have changed with 0.32a. It isn't a big deal, i only need the hash rate reading as i set up rules to restart the miner
Activity: 39
Hey JCE,

Can you please add more data to the R command and the API? It lacks statistics like the number of invalid shares or the errors. This is vital for testing stability on a rig.

The more detail the better and we should be able to see every possible detail related to the functionality and stability so we can analyze how our rigs perform on the long run and set them up accordingly.

This in my opinion this should be one of the biggest priorities, not the automatic config, as most miners already know how to test the rigs. We need to find rock stable versions from the mining code standpoint and to do that we need to report back invalid shares or strange errors and see if they are related to the miner code or to an unstable OC/config.

Please also if possible create an option that can log ONLY the errors/invalid shares and strange behavior in a pre-determined TXT file for later analysis.

Love the new and fast start but it can still be improved a lot.

Thank you for the hard work.

it looks it supports the Ryzen G apu, i need support of the A-series APU (the HD7000D), which are no longer supported by amd opencl since 2015 Sad

i don't know what Awesome get its numbers from. the Effective hashrate is avaible in the native json output.

I does (accord to the AMD engineer), you can also try the 18.5.1 that officially supports older APUs + Ryzen G + RX

to answer above about 4G memory : not the full 4G can be allocated, the mining program and the drivers take some room. GPUZ gives info about max opencl allocation. on 4G with a screen (or dummy plug) on, it may be limited to ~3.5G
don't forget to setup the environment variable GPU_MAX...

geck: i didn't even know Awesome supports jce. look at your pool, you'll see i don' cheat 35% of your shares…

Thanks,

i did more test on my A8 apu i just installed, and… i don't get what amd did.
I had to go down to old 15.7 drivers to find a version with OpenCL support. later version supports the APU but not its OpenCL (just directx).
of course with such old drivers, no real GPU works, RX500 need decently recent drivers.

but, with those old drivers… it runs, the APU is detected as Devastator and it mines. i didn't try to tune, i got a valid share and stopped.

i still need to make the special APU version.

The Q2 drivers are supposed to work with the APUs, that's what a senior AMD engineer wrote on his twitter, he claimed they are the first drivers unified for RXs and APUs.
Thanks,

i did more test on my A8 apu i just installed, and… i don't get what amd did.
I had to go down to old 15.7 drivers to find a version with OpenCL support. later version supports the APU but not its OpenCL (just directx).
of course with such old drivers, no real GPU works, RX500 need decently recent drivers.

but, with those old drivers… it runs, the APU is detected as Devastator and it mines. i didn't try to tune, i got a valid share and stopped.

i still need to make the special APU version.
all this protection would make sense if your miner was 20,30,50% faster than the others. But.its not the case  Roll Eyes

That's his code, his intellectual property. He does whatever he wants with and his miner is awsome. Other CN miner progammers are not idiots, being even 1-2% consistently faster is huge.
Activity: 145
wanted to add, awesomeminer is reporting a much lower hashrate with 0.32a compared to 0.31f. the miner shows 15k but awesomeminer reports around 11k.
Pages:
Jump to: