Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1012. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
5w00p: Everybody shares your opinion about ByteCoin. But code talks. I am no software developer, so I dont understand & know the code bases of Monero and Bytecoin.

So I ask, if maybe something good can come out of this.

Have they actually done any of it?  It was released on April Fools so who knows what to make of it.

There been no commits on their github since September 15.

https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/commits/master

What they are doing behind closed doors we obviously don't know, but it is certainly not an open transparent project. That is strike four (first three by being lying scammers).

didn't they released all at once and as result the Monero fork went to the limbo for months because no one fully trusted the code?

why visit the limbo again? ppl now trust Monero.

Not to mention its currently worth about as much as dirt on exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I feel like they will release something, because:

- they completely redone the webpage (with GUI client screenshots)
- their two most important BCT accounts (Ullo and DStrange) are both announcing early april for the next release (which is very close)
- they did this new stylish announcing thread with nice infographics & meaningful roadmap

Feels to me like they really have something, but could also be just a very good made pump effort. Who knows. Wink

Also very interesting to me are the announced "CryptoNote protocol updates". In my world of thought, it would have been required & necessary to (at least) talk with the devs & leaders of the biggest CN-coin, before announcing changes to the protocol.

That's exactly the problem. Your world of thought is not the same as the world inhabited by people who fake a blockchain claiming to be from 2012 in order to hide an 82% premine, which is not only outrageous but completely breaks anonymity (using the chain reaction methods of MRL-0001).

I would assume everything from them is some sort of deception or fraud until and unless proven otherwise.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
I feel like they will release something, because:

- they completely redone the webpage (with GUI client screenshots)
- their two most important BCT accounts (Ullo and DStrange) are both announcing early april for the next release (which is very close)
- they did this new stylish announcing thread with nice infographics & meaningful roadmap

Feels to me like they really have something, but could also be just a very good made pump effort. Who knows. Wink

Also very interesting to me are the announced "CryptoNote protocol updates". In my world of thought, it would have been required & necessary to (at least) talk with the devs & leaders of the biggest CN-coin, before announcing changes to the protocol.
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
XMR and Poloniex are a nice couple and some a troll, this BCX/primer- whatever don't like it.

I don't think primer is BCX.  Primer is petty, frothy, and rabid.

BCX doesn't roll like that.  He has the grandiose, unmistakable class and puckish humor of an authentic BCT elder.  Concern trolling over such a minute issue isn't at all his style.

Primer is just a lame alt-kiddie not fit to shine, much less fill, BCX's huge assclown shoes.   Cheesy

"BCX" on polo trollbox is not the same as "BitcoinEXpress" on btct

This is ancient history, but I happened to be reading the Poloniex trollbox when Polo-BCX made some kind of vague threat and was challenged to prove he was Bitcointalk-BitcoinEXpress. "BitcoinEXpress" then posted to the XMR trolling thread, establishing his identity, and then quickly deleted that post. (I saw the post when it first appeared, satisfying the Poloniex trolls, and then noted that it was gone). Poloniex was soon thereafter DDOS'd and some of us speculated that BCX was thereby in legal jeopardy as the prime suspect for a cyber-crime. My impression was that Polo-BCX since then has taken pains to create the impression that he was not identical to BitcoinEXpress.

Obviously, nicks can be sold and it's hard to know what has happened since then, but I'm quite sure that at the time of the DDOS, Polo-BCX was BitcoinEXpress.

That was "bitcoinexpress" on the toolbox. Different from BCX on trollbox.

http://www.polonibox.com/?username=bitcoinexpress

Looks like that user never reappeared on the toolbox after threatening to shut down polo shortly before polo in fact went down.

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.
legendary
5w00p: Everybody shares your opinion about ByteCoin. But code talks. I am no software developer, so I dont understand & know the code bases of Monero and Bytecoin.

Have they actually done any of it?  It was released on April Fools so who knows what to make of it.

There been no commits on their github since September 15.

https://github.com/amjuarez/bytecoin/commits/master

What they are doing behind closed doors we obviously don't know, but it is certainly not an open transparent project. That is strike four (first three by being lying scammers).
legendary

Have they actually done any of it?  It was released on April Fools so who knows what to make of it.
legendary
Monero Evangelist

So I ask, if maybe something good can come out of this. Because some of the announced features undoubtedly look promising.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
You guys saw https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bytecoin-roadmap-including-cryptonote-protocol-updates-1008146? It's "Bytecoin website and roadmap release (including CryptoNote protocol updates)". I think it's pretty good and worth to be discussed. Is there any Monero-related or CN-related discussion about this, anywhere on BCT or elsewhere?

Can the Monero- or CryptoNote- or even the whole Crypto Currency-ecosystem benefit from this development effort?

As soon as I see the first load of horse crap right at the start of the O.P. in that thread ("... the 1001st day..." of BS-coin), I am completely turned-off to anything else regarding that coin.

It has been well-established that their claim of "since 2012" is complete and utter bullshit.

I avoid it due to the simple fact that I hate stupid stuff.
legendary
XMR and Poloniex are a nice couple and some a troll, this BCX/primer- whatever don't like it.

BCX doesn't roll like that.  He has the grandiose, unmistakable class and puckish humor of an authentic BCT elder.  Concern trolling over such a minute issue isn't at all his style.

Primer is just a lame alt-kiddie not fit to shine, much less fill, BCX's huge assclown shoes.   Cheesy

This is ancient history, but I happened to be reading the Poloniex trollbox when Polo-BCX made some kind of vague threat and was challenged to prove he was Bitcointalk-BitcoinEXpress. "BitcoinEXpress" then posted to the XMR trolling thread, establishing his identity, and then quickly deleted that post. (I saw the post when it first appeared, satisfying the Poloniex trolls, and then noted that it was gone). Poloniex was soon thereafter DDOS'd and some of us speculated that BCX was thereby in legal jeopardy as the prime suspect for a cyber-crime. My impression was that Polo-BCX since then has taken pains to create the impression that he was not identical to BitcoinEXpress.

Obviously, nicks can be sold and it's hard to know what has happened since then, but I'm quite sure that at the time of the DDOS, Polo-BCX was BitcoinEXpress.

Looks like that user never reappeared on the toolbox after threatening to shut down polo shortly before polo in fact went down.

LMFAO @ toolbox...
first one i thought was a typo which made it even funnier when i got to the second one
legendary

legendary
Monero Evangelist
You guys saw https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bytecoin-roadmap-including-cryptonote-protocol-updates-1008146? It's "Bytecoin website and roadmap release (including CryptoNote protocol updates)". I think it's pretty good and worth to be discussed. Is there any Monero-related or CN-related discussion about this, anywhere on BCT or elsewhere?

Can the Monero- or CryptoNote- or even the whole Crypto Currency-ecosystem benefit from this development effort?
pa

legendary

I believe they were referring to the Polo TrollBox BCX wannabe.

Smooth beat me to it by 6 seconds.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

pa
I am no Poloniex user. I dont understand what happened in aminorexs case. Please explain.
I had planed to deposit BTC on Poloniex soon, to buy XMR obvious.

Or in other words, is Poloniex still the best and most recommend exchanger to buy our coin?

I have found Poloniex to be reliable and helpful, but have never found myself in the situation aminorex described. Just make sure to send to the right address and include the proper payment ID.
legendary
I am no Poloniex user. I dont understand what happened in aminorexs case. Please explain.

Or in other words, is Poloniex still the best and most recommend exchanger to buy our coin?

Yes.  Ive never had any issues with them.  They got hacked once and paid everyone back, didnt pull a runner.  Just make sure if you ever deposit XMR to polo you use a payment ID so that you don't have to waste time with tech support.
legendary
Monero Evangelist

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Correct you are.   In fact, upon review of this message history, I see that my recollection was in error:
It did have a payment id, f9e3a1177d0369ca9f083f27abeb5783091e2e7e227495319ceb51f6ca391079.
The translation in particular is 9d47a2ee519406c62c4989f7f825702876002d66d7cf211e07f1c4931e2e8f30 and found in block 245354.

As the bulk of communication with support was conducted by the intended recipient, I cannot attest to the competence of the overall dialog.
I did believe at the time that I had done diligence for my part, including informing support of the non-receipt and payment id.
I subsequently stopped using non-zero mixin when sending to poloniex, and all payments were received as intended thereafter.
Non-zero mixin provides deniability.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
This is unacceptable. Poloniex shouldn't get away with it and I'm surprised it's happened, as I too have been awarded my XMR after sending without Payment ID. If this happens to users, posting here would maybe give devs/community members the chance to put pressure on Poloniex.

I lost a few hundred by sending to someone else's account address on poloniex without a payment ID, once.  Support staff did not help.  I found this quite annoying, and lost a lot of respect for the operation as a result.  I still keep some funds there and trade them a bit, however.  How is the liquidity on bittrex these days?

But you can't send "to someone else's account address on poloniex" without Payment ID, since we all have the same address there and that is 47sghzufGhJJDQEbScMCwVBimTuq6L5JiRixD8VeGbpjCTA12noXmi4ZyBZLc99e66NtnKff34fHsGR oyZk3ES1s1V4QVcB

I don't know what happened but the money still shouldn't have been lost if communications were competent and it was determined that a payment ID was missing. Either the coins should've been sent to aminorex's account because he owned the payment ID or he should've sent the payment ID to his friend to send to support so they could identify the correct account to credit the coins to.
Jump to: