Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1008. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
So just to recap: "big holder" that has contributed 0 because he "didn't know that would speed up development" (despite being a "CEO"), hasn't contributed a line of code, hasn't done anything of any value or note, but has a lot of complaints. A lot of them.

...and no, throwing money at a problem never helps... Tell us more about donations dev team received and how many btc you supposedly spent on bandwith.

Tell us more about your "CEO" position and how many employees you supposedly have?

How is my work related to any of this ?! Fucking joke you are.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
So just to recap: "big holder" that has contributed 0 because he "didn't know that would speed up development" (despite being a "CEO"), hasn't contributed a line of code, hasn't done anything of any value or note, but has a lot of complaints. A lot of them.

...and no, throwing money at a problem never helps... Tell us more about donations dev team received and how many btc you supposedly spent on bandwith.

Tell us more about your "CEO" position and how many employees you supposedly have?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
GTO911: Try to help, not to accuse.
legendary

donator
Feeling a little off the track now Sad

1. The project seems to be stalled. Back in september fluffy said 6 weeks is the maximum time needed to get the db out. I am yet to find how to use it, im sure half of the people here are only able to use monero because of mymonero.

2. Without a usable client, the speculation thread is a joke, new people are not entering and we are buying and selling between ourselves.

3. The quality of posts has gone down a lot for dev 'smooth' He does not feel like a dev at all, constantly arguing with other coin people when it will clearly bear no fruit. Can anybody change our opinion about Monero? No, then how can we change someone else's?

Feels like this is going nowhere, its been an year and we have what? a db to put the chain off RAM? Please dont pull out that donation card on me, Satoshi, BCNext worked without donations even because they believed in themselves. Does our dev team has such confidence? Or are they doing just a task in their pass time as a hobby?

The devs owe us nothing but there is a reason they are the leaders, i dont see any passion

my two millinero

1. No, in this comment I said that it required 6 man weeks worth of effort, not that it would take 6 weeks. Depending on your resource availability, constraints, and inter-dependencies, you can cram 6 man-weeks into 3 days or into 6 months. Actual timelines are unrelated to the timeframes used to estimate costs.

2. Is MyMonero not usable? How many speculators do you know that will willingly run full nodes, regardless of how pretty the client is?

3. I think smooth has posted on things he is passionate about, including obvious scams that he observes. I don't think he has any obligation to act one way or another, he is not the public representative of a company, he is an individual with his own thoughts, feelings, and ideas.

I'm not sure what you mean by there not being passion. Look at the main github a month ago and today and make a comparison (output snipped for legibility) -

[ ric->bitmonero ]$ git checkout c01069f
Note: checking out 'c01069f'.
HEAD is now at c01069f... fixed English word list issue: 'launchpad' should be 'ourselves'
[ ric->bitmonero ]$ cloc ./
     926 text files.
     914 unique files.                                          
     152 files ignored.

http://cloc.sourceforge.net v 1.62  T=5.89 s (131.8 files/s, 50722.1 lines/s)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Language                             files          blank        comment           code
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUM:                                   776          28801          60989         208781

[ ric->bitmonero ]$ git checkout master
Previous HEAD position was c01069f... fixed English word list issue: 'launchpad' should be 'ourselves'
Switched to branch 'master'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
[ ric->bitmonero ]$ cloc ./
     986 text files.
     971 unique files.                                          
     164 files ignored.

http://cloc.sourceforge.net v 1.62  T=5.09 s (161.8 files/s, 60926.7 lines/s)
Language                             files          blank        comment           code
SUM:                                   824          30444          62837         217059

Pretty sure the 48 new files, 1 848 new lines of comments, and 8 278 new lines of code could be considered as the result of "passion" - and that completely excludes the blockchainDB branch or the work being done on 0MQ etc.
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
Feels like this is going nowhere, its been an year and we have what? a db to put the chain off RAM?

Why don't use the BCN implementation ? Isn't Monero originating from the same codebase ? I have not followed Monero development.
legendary

Good work quoting most of the text out of context... What are you trying to prove anyways ?
Amateur hour...
donator
Yup, both nice trades. The first one was better of course (so far).
I wonder why that even bothers you? Oh that's right, because you are a miserable troll who compulsively insults and criticizes people. Got it.

I thought developers are hodlers, well I guess not. You're just trying to make a quick buck...

Alit / primer- / Poloniex-trollbox-BCX, why don't you just fork Monero and take it over? I mean, since you're a CEO with tons of developers, and clearly you know exactly how developers out to behave and operate.

Some choice quotes for posterity:

No thanks. bots like tippero went extinct 15 years ago

When are crypto developers going to learn... "Soon" is not a timeframe.  Don't you have any work experience ? Try giving soon as a time frame to your employer...
No one is going to take you serious with "soon" as a timeframe

I'm actually a big xmr fan. I hold almost 100k xmr..
Alit: you should totally get yourself in the Community Hall of Fame
i considered it
but you were too slow with the development.. 6 months for DB/GUI is way beyond my liking..
so before we got to the 6 months
let's say in June last year
how much did you donate then?
nothing i started mining back in June
in September i considered
In November i decided not to.
Had i known a donation would speed up development i would have donated

i'ma gonna rape your tippero bot now moneromoo
won 21 monero, withdrew 20, i love taking money from moneromoo Smiley
well you guys can always ask for more donations on btctalk
damn, core team gonna go broke, won another 10xmr
the point is, you aint getting it back from me, i've already withdrew 30 Smiley taking money from core team feels so good Smiley

smooth is such a retard
go develop that shitcoin and dissapear from here

David you should focus on writing, your French accent is very hard to follow. Leave the public speaking to professionals...
well to be honest david doesnt just sound terrible, he looks funny too
must be his 2nd time he wore a suit
and the hair.. as if he just woke up..
public speaking is not for everyone
unless you are a fcking genius like Andreas Antonopoulos

i dont know what to say to you othe, how retarded are you...

Im used to French accent, spend most summers at cote d provance
meant to say azure, cote d provance is actually the rose wine i like Smiley

heh i lost everything to tippero Smiley
time for a 10km run, bbl

fluffy never makes eta's
maybe this time you get the static binaries right
but i seriously doubt it
its as if the person in charge of cimpiling is completely clueless

monero project really needs some senior coders... no pun intended..
its been years since i wrote anything usefull..
but i work with professionals
hell i could get one of my people to do the gui in less than a month..

so little has been done in the last year
fluffy is the only dev

iAmA real boss
one can tell ive been a ceo all my life Smiley
im the ceo i dont need comradery skills
ceo work calling, bbl

damn, my $500 keyboard is dyingg

i've dumped everything
well kept some
but 90% dumped
i dont like the passiveness of the dev and the community

if i was to sell everything now
price would go back to 002

im waiting for new developers to show up and build community confidence
the current team is baaad Smiley
new blood will come
and make things better

dEBRUYNE, both dev and community passiveness
no opinions thrown around in the main thread
5-6 active posters, others silent

scammer atrides scammed 10k xmr in donations almost 4 months ago
wrote few lines of code
and no one cares
polo scams miners by keeping unclaimed xmr, no one cares
sad
db announced months ago, still noithung
sad, fucking sad
dev team cant give a single damn deadline

Alit: how many commits have you pull requested?
none
we cant all work on code

Activity: 742
after the boom xmr-to-btc-parity-phase the doom xmr-devs-are-lazy-we-see-a-5-month-downswing-phase came in so fast that I am really wondering if we go as low as I expected.
legendary

1. The project seems to be stalled. Back in september fluffy said 6 weeks is the maximum time needed to get the db out. I am yet to find how to use it, im sure half of the people here are only able to use monero because of mymonero.

2. Without a usable client, the speculation thread is a joke, new people are not entering and we are buying and selling between ourselves.

3. The quality of posts has gone down a lot for dev 'smooth' He does not feel like a dev at all, constantly arguing with other coin people when it will clearly bear no fruit. Can anybody change our opinion about Monero? No, then how can we change someone else's?

Feels like this is going nowhere, its been an year and we have what? a db to put the chain off RAM? Please dont pull out that donation card on me, Satoshi, BCNext worked without donations even because they believed in themselves. Does our dev team has such confidence? Or are they doing just a task in their pass time as a hobby?

The devs owe us nothing but there is a reason they are the leaders, i dont see any passion

my two millinero

OMG, Troll Troll Troll

/s
Activity: 672

my two millinero
Activity: 500
RIP  Grin

did you notice the bubble is inflating again and again every time she deflate?  Grin
Activity: 500
Why buy a $hitcoin like Monero when there's good quality code like NXT?   Huh

why read something boring like your post when there's good comments like smooth,fp, etc... Huh  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Fuck primer-, be smart and put him on your ignorelist.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile

You, captain Schettino, abandoned ship long ago, during the mintpal pump.
Source :
"12:52 AM Alit: i'll only say that 1. I sold a lot during the mintpal pump, and 2. I bought some at around 0.002 during the bcx scare"

I wonder why that even bothers you? Oh that's right, because you are a miserable troll who compulsively insults and criticizes people. Got it.

I thought developers are hodlers, well I guess not. You're just trying to make a quick buck...

Unpaid developers have to make do with what they have. Trading to pay bills, increase position, etc. is not morally wrong. Attacking others, generally is, not to mention insensitive and deceptive (in this case).
legendary
Activity: 1182
legendary

Source :
"12:52 AM Alit: i'll only say that 1. I sold a lot during the mintpal pump, and 2. I bought some at around 0.002 during the bcx scare"

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I'm not even sure "fix" is the right word. As far as I can tell it just involves a lot of guessing. Sometimes you guess right, sometimes wrong. Using some of the methods we've already published (and will be addressed) you can improve your odds of guessing somewhat, but it still comes down to a guess, and there is no way for you or anyone else to know you got it right. It seems a lot of the guesses are terribly inaccurate too. Fluffypony said he had to run through 21 transactions to find even one they got right. Although I haven't seen the details of that test, it sounds pretty worthless to me based on that.

I see no reason to go all Chicken Little about any of it.

Lol smooth, its all going to 0 as you said.

Abandon ship...

Grin

If he's abandoning, the ship just got a lot more pleasant at least. Bon Voyage.

Source :

legendary
I'm not even sure "fix" is the right word. As far as I can tell it just involves a lot of guessing. Sometimes you guess right, sometimes wrong. Using some of the methods we've already published (and will be addressed) you can improve your odds of guessing somewhat, but it still comes down to a guess, and there is no way for you or anyone else to know you got it right. It seems a lot of the guesses are terribly inaccurate too. Fluffypony said he had to run through 21 transactions to find even one they got right. Although I haven't seen the details of that test, it sounds pretty worthless to me based on that.

I see no reason to go all Chicken Little about any of it.

Lol smooth, its all going to 0 as you said.

Abandon ship...

Grin

If he's abandoning, the ship just got a lot more pleasant at least. Bon Voyage.

Source :
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Why buy a $hitcoin like Monero when there's good quality code like NXT?   Huh

Well, If you talk about buying, I believe anyone would buy a coin hoping to make a profit Tongue. On the other hand if you talk about using and supporting, well... clearly we, Monero supporters, believe that privacy is important, and AFAIK no ther coin beats Monero on that matter right now.

EDIT to add: Also because of the quality of the dev team and the community.

Quality of the dev team and the community is better than most coins.
Jump to: