Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1144. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
monero-mew.com is just fine.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I would take them all. Why not having multiple addresses? Then it wouldn't matter which one is the main one (obviously there needs to be a main server). Moreover, supporters could easily register their own Monero-www-address and link it to some of the official sites.
We already have them all, but only one will be canonical, the others will be 301 redirect.

@davidlatapie:
I saw your other posts on this same topic, but didn't respond as I feel divided. Haven't figured out a personal preference myself yet...
It's great that you're asking for community feedback on this one, especially as the MEW website is an outwards facing project.
Votes are reset with the new proposal, so please restated your vote (be it the same or the new contestant).

New list
Please vote for only one (othe domain name may be redirected, recycled...). This is the one for the MEW website - it should only be open to MEW members to choose, but since I did not get much answers...
Note that this is vote is still purely consultative. The final say is by MEW members.
Update: voters can mention one particular post (that they pledge to update) for rationale for their choice. Remember than you can change your vote (but then, you must explain why).

Update: voters can mention one particular post (that they pledge to update) for rationale for their choice. Remember than you can change your vote (but then, you must explain why).
Votes without a link date from before the arrangement. Remember to follow the voter's links before voting since at least some of them gave rationales about their choice, rationales that could help you choose better. There are also some very interesting discussions on the MEW thread relative to SEO and URL branding, I encourage you to read them too.
Undashed versions:
gomonero.com: (0)
mewmonero.com: (0)
moneroeconomyworkgroup.com: (0)
moneroeconomy.com:  (5) David Latapie, binaryFate, GingerAle, warptangent (on IRC),  Lloydimiller4
moneromew.com: (0)
xmreconomy.com: (0)
xmrmonero.com: (4) smooth, 5w00p, Shrikez, papa_lazzarou

Dashed versions:
go-monero.com: (0)
mew-monero.com: (1) Hueristic
monero-economy-workgroup.com: (1) arnuschky
monero-economy.com: (4) NeuroticFish, Jojatekok, equipoise, aminorex
monero-mew.com: (4) Moneromoo, GreekBitcoin, primer-, Quicken
xmr-economy.com: (0)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
or, yah know, we could petition The Powers That Be (TPTB(c)) to make .xmr a domain.

but that might be a future thing.

yeah, i'd go with xmr-monero.com
and get all the other domains you have to point at it

speaking of, when i get home today I'll point paymonero.com to something. (which is funny because in half english / esperanto its paycoin. lulz)
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
I received only two answers by posting on the MEW channels, so I will post here:

We are considering changing the URL of the MEW website.

Presently, it is xmrmonero.com, mainly because we had it available by then Smiley

What we have at our disposal: xmrmonero.com gomonero.com xmr-monero.com go-monero.com

We have to consider both SEO and branding. Starting with "xmr" seems better SEO wise (if there is a dash); starting with "go" seems better branding-wise (the dashed version would probably also help for SEO on "monero").

"Go monero" can be understand as the traditional encouragement, or like the injonction (like "gone Google").

Any feedback appreciated
On IRC, one person implied he prefers gomonero -or go-monero, I don't remember)
On the MEW thead, one person said he prefers xmr-monero, because gomonero looks like a cheerleading name.

Your turn!

xmr-monero.com

xmr is required because it is Monero's currency code
'-' is required because it splits two words for google search
monero is required obviously
.com is required becaus MEW is related with commerce.

I would take them all. Why not having multiple addresses? Then it wouldn't matter which one is the main one (obviously there needs to be a main server). Moreover, supporters could easily register their own Monero-www-address and link it to some of the official sites.

Activity: 243
Merit: 125
I received only two answers by posting on the MEW channels, so I will post here:

Presently, it is xmrmonero.com, mainly because we had it available by then Smiley

What we have at our disposal: xmrmonero.com gomonero.com xmr-monero.com go-monero.com

We have to consider both SEO and branding. Starting with "xmr" seems better SEO wise (if there is a dash); starting with "go" seems better branding-wise (the dashed version would probably also help for SEO on "monero").

"Go monero" can be understand as the traditional encouragement, or like the injonction (like "gone Google").

Any feedback appreciated
On the MEW thead, one person said he prefers xmr-monero, because gomonero looks like a cheerleading name.

Your turn!

xmr-monero.com

xmr is required because it is Monero's currency code
'-' is required because it splits two words for google search
monero is required obviously
.com is required becaus MEW is related with commerce.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
@davidlatapie:
I saw your other posts on this same topic, but didn't respond as I feel divided. Haven't figured out a personal preference myself yet...
It's great that you're asking for community feedback on this one, especially as the MEW website is an outwards facing project.
Monero Core Team

Any feedback appreciated

Your turn!
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Always seems like the price goes down when there are no missives.  Shocked

The price has been going down with and without missives, including missives that announced major new developments like MyMonero. I don't see a correlation.

IIRC, the MyMonero announcement coincided with a rally to .0016x or so.

Nope. MyMonero was announced November 25, but the rally didn't happen until very late December (starting around the 23rd, peaking around the 29th). From November 25 to December 21 the price dropped from 0.00145 to 0.001 -- almost straight down too. And a week or two earlier it was about 0.002, so 0.00145 was already a pretty big drop.

The price action seems to have been driven mostly by supply and demand, and possibly external factors affecting cryptocurrencies as an asset class, but very little if any by actual development news.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
21 million. I want them all.
Always seems like the price goes down when there are no missives.  Shocked

The price has been going down with and without missives, including missives that announced major new developments like MyMonero. I don't see a correlation.

IIRC, the MyMonero announcement coincided with a rally to .0016x or so.
legendary

Monero Core Team
I got tired of everyone wanting a monday missive. So I made one. Because thats what we do in moneroworld.
Congratulations! Mind if I improve the layout on xmrmonero (headings, etc...)?
Done. And also moved on first page of the MEW site (link).
Activity: 283
Merit: 250
Always seems like the price goes down when there are no missives.  Shocked
Yes, I hope there will be no missives for the next 2 months, so I can buy some thousand at 10k shatoshis.
I can dream, right?

I can dream...
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Activity: 400
Merit: 263
Unofficial Monday Moneroworld Digest

Prettiest
Backup

I got tired of everyone wanting a monday missive. So I made one. Because thats what we do in moneroworld.

Thanks a lot GingerAle, great job and entertaining too!

Will send you a little donation.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

Prettiest
Backup

What a great synopsis!

Nice to have the week condensed into a three minute read.  Thank you, GingerAle.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
I significantly updated the FAQ entry for OpenAlias

New entry is https://xmrmonero.com/faq/openalias
The text is the one from www.http://reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/2uv214/what_is_openalias/ with some extras
1. Step-by-step instructions on how to create your own alias (as requested on the Monero forum) and link to saddam's giveaway
2. Creating an OpenAlias for another cryptocurrency
3. OpenAlias and .bit (Namecoin), including a hint for those who don't have a domain name and don't want to spend several euros per year just for that

Really loving the content you are creating David, it helps a lot.

And good job with un-official missives GingerAle Wink

I've never seen a harder working team.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

Prettiest
Backup

What a great synopsis!
legendary
So I made one. Because thats what we do in moneroworld.

Bravo
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

Prettiest
Backup

legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Ok cool, I'll wait for the new version to be released and continue development then.
Jump to: