Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1146. (Read 4670673 times)

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502
Any progress in Monero based market plan?
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Just wanted to say that using mymonero.com has been really awesome. It's been working extremely well and has made it much easier to use monero.

I donated 40 xmr to the dev address. I know it's not much but it's what I can do for now. Smiley
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I see one use of multiple addresses: when you don't want to know that two transactions go to the same address (like if you don't want people to find you by googling your address which is on bitcointalk signature of profile, or openalias, for instance).
But since there is no much of these needs, you may as well just use a second wallet.

It doesn't matter if your address is known, as it's impossible (with our current cryptography) to analyse the blockchain and find transactions you were involved in. Even if that was possible it still wouldn't be disastrous, as all that can be observed are transactions you *may or may not* have been involved in (thanks to ring signatures). The only time multiple wallets are necessary are for separating your personal and business accounts, for instance, or for a company that wants each department to have its own address and accounts.
donator
fluffypony, had you noticed my post about sophia database?

http://sphia.org/

If yes, please write few words what do you think about.

Sophia was one of the embedded databases we initially considered, but ultimately went for LMDB because it is better suited to our workloads (based on casual observation, it was impossible to test that theory at that stage;)

Ultimately we aren't preventing anyone from writing an additional implementation and submitting a PR, and we will at the very least have a BerkleyDB fall-back implementation for environments that don't play well with large MMAPs.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
///

I have a House, a car, a good job a wife and 2 children. I think i am rich!!///

You are! Smiley
Activity: 795
Merit: 514
I have a House, a car, a good job a wife and 2 children. I think i am rich!!

Whoa, let's pump the brakes, shall we? Your worldview is far too positive for this forum.
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Code:
get_bulk_payments(json_encode(array('min_block_height'=>399206)));

When can we expect this function to work with only min_block_height parameter in the pre-built libraries?
Activity: 192
Merit: 101
I have about 5k Dollar to invest. Should i invest in Monero or Darkcoin?   Can Monero make me rich?

Fixed.  Wink

It seems a lot of people are here just to get rich quickly. OK, I can't speak against this practice, I'd like to be rich too (tomorrow would be a great day for me to getting rich  Roll Eyes ).  Grin

But in cryptocoins, I think you buy some of a specific cryptocoin because you like it, and you'd like to use to pay someone for something in the future or to tip someone without compromising your privacy, in the case of Monero.

Just an observation: according to CoinMarketCap, the Monero volume was about 13000 USD in the last 24 hours. Buying 5000 USD in Moneroj at one-time has a great potential to push up the prices (and maybe a little crash later).

I see one use of multiple addresses: when you don't want to know that two transactions go to the same address (like if you don't want people to find you by googling your address which is on bitcointalk signature of profile, or openalias, for instance).
But since there is no much of these needs, you may as well just use a second wallet.

Yeah, after all, creating a new address is very easy. Smiley In my case I was just worried about the possibility of a hacker recovering the private key in the case of a reusing address, because there are some claims about this possibility in Bitcoin and its direct derivatives (see the second link of my first post).

Thx this is a very good reply for me.

@nachoig

I have a House, a car, a good job a wife and 2 children. I think i am rich!!

But i need for my 2 childrens in 15 years about a house, no 2 House---2children

sry for my bad english
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I have about 5k Dollar to invest. Should i invest in Monero or Darkcoin?   Can Monero hit 100 Dollar per Coin?

I promise you that 50% of the people in this thread that will answer your question, have the correct answer, and 50% of the people in this thread that will answer your question, will not have the correct answer. You should speculate based on that  Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I have about 5k Dollar to invest. Should i invest in Monero or Darkcoin?   Can Monero make me rich?

Fixed.  Wink

It seems a lot of people are here just to get rich quickly. OK, I can't speak against this practice, I'd like to be rich too (tomorrow would be a great day for me to getting rich  Roll Eyes ).  Grin

But in cryptocoins, I think you buy some of a specific cryptocoin because you like it, and you'd like to use to pay someone for something in the future or to tip someone without compromising your privacy, in the case of Monero.

Just an observation: according to CoinMarketCap, the Monero volume was about 13000 USD in the last 24 hours. Buying 5000 USD in Moneroj at one-time has a great potential to push up the prices (and maybe a little crash later).

Yeah, after all, creating a new address is very easy. Smiley In my case I was just worried about the possibility of a hacker recovering the private key in the case of a reusing address, because there are some claims about this possibility in Bitcoin and its direct derivatives (see the second link of my first post).
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Darkcoin have a big Community and good proceedings.

When is Monero 100% ready?  and what´s on Monero better than Darkcoin

My Opinion is

All in in Monero

or

50% in Monero and 50% in Darkcoin

Is Monero so much better?

Welp, your in the monero thread, so you're going to get a biased opinion here!

If you don't want to do the research and want the quick 'n dirty, Monero has stealth addresses and privacy (through ring signatures) baked in to the source code (cryptonote), whereas DarkCoin is more or less a conventional blockchain with required coin mixing performed at the infrastructure level.

So, in monero, the entire network is involved in the process of making things private and anonymous. Every active node is doing it.
In darkcoin, there is a subset of the network (masternodes) that are responsible for making things private and anonymous. Fans of Monero think that this masternode concept is a weakness. Fans of Darkcoin don't.

When is monero 100% ready? It depends on your definition of 100% ready. If you wanted to get some monero and send it to someone else with a monero account, then its 100% ready.

If you want to do send monero to to someone else with a monero account and want to do it without touching a linux terminal, its 100% ready (www.mymonero.com)

If you want to do send monero to to someone else with a monero account and want to do it without touching a linux terminal and do it all on your computer, its ready (there are GUIs available)

Activity: 535
Merit: 267
I have about 5k Dollar to invest. Should i invest in Monero or Darkcoin?   Can Monero hit 100 Dollar per Coin?

Yes, Monero can hit 100$ per coin. You should invest in Monero.

Looooooool.

I hope it will hit 100$, but i can only advise to invest one part in monero and one part in darkcoin.
Darkcoin have a big Community and good proceedings.

When is Monero 100% ready?  and what´s on Monero better than Darkcoin

My Opinion is

All in in Monero

or

50% in Monero and 50% in Darkcoin

Is Monero so much better?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

Yes, Monero can hit 100$ per coin. You should invest in Monero.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
"impossible to counterfeit" should be a major selling point of cryptocurrencies. Not sure why this isn't advertised more.

A large part of taking credit instead of cash is because it's tough to counterfeit the value, yet identity theft/cc theft is still a reality.
I actually have a slogan idea that says "Monero: better than cash", since it provides all the advantages of cash (except independance over electricity and internet, granted) plus completely unforgeable, as you said (barring 51% attack, of course) and low friction (since it is electronic).

A question about the Monero wallet: doesn't it rotatte the addresses? I'm asking this because in Bitcoin this practice is strongly discouraged, not just for privacy reasons, but for security reasons. In Monero I think the reuse address shouldn't be a issue for privacy, but what about security?

You only have one address in Monero. Since outputs use dual-key stealth addresses there's really no need to have multiple addresses in a single wallet:)
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
fluffypony, had you noticed my post about sophia database?

http://sphia.org/

If yes, please write few words what do you think about.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
A question about the Monero wallet: doesn't it rotatte the addresses? I'm asking this because in Bitcoin this practice is strongly discouraged, not just for privacy reasons, but for security reasons. In Monero I think the reuse address shouldn't be a issue for privacy, but what about security?

You only have one address in Monero. Since outputs use dual-key stealth addresses there's really no need to have multiple addresses in a single wallet:)

You rock.  Smiley

Thanks for clarifying.

To clarify a tiny bit more for those who may not be familiar with how stealth addresses work, on the blockchain the addresses are never reused. The cryptography creates a new address every time automatically (just like you are supposed to do with Bitcoin, but hardly anyone actually does).
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

You rock.  Smiley

Thanks for clarifying.
donator

Jump to: