Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1219. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 373
Merit: 250
It's funny, here we are with a coin that can truly empower people and it's Ripple with their corporate control that will win.

People don't want anonymity, they want to be told what to use and when to use it.

Nope. People want to make money.
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Just wait for it Wink

I think thats the problem bigj. Ppl have been waiting for a long time now. Devs have done some fantastic work, but have been up against it for a huge array of reasons... and things just aren't happening quickly enough for some. Plus, there seems to be so many HUGE dumps each day on XMR lately, any upwards momentum is immediately squashed... and that scares people so smaller investors get spooked and move on to something else.
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
Just wait for it Wink
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
all (most) crypto is pegged to bitcoin (essentially), so, yeah.
Activity: 735
Merit: 501
its a sad state when people let Monero go under 0.001 while other useless coin are pumped, it makes me wish to fallback to Bitcoin and ignore the altcoin market forever, clearly its only a game for scamers as the most innovative crypto is mostly being ignored, i'll still hold my XMR.

Bitcoin has also fallen and will probably go below $300. Meaning since its peak, Bitcoin has lost roughly 75% of its value.
Activity: 735
Merit: 501
About to break 30 cents.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm a Firestarter!

MoneroClub now in Beta-phase

www.MoneroClub.com/

From now you can make/edit orders easy, can post deals and communicate with sellers/buyers

Link to annonce: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9815710

It's time to bring Monero to the new level! That's why MoneroClub has been created.

Similar to LocalBitcoins for BTC, this is P2P trading platform of any currency (fiat+BTC) for Monero.

Bypassing the centralized exchanges, that should prevent the price from falling.

Perhaps, you post an advertisement as a "seller on the spot", reselling Monero and increasing the number  of the "local" members.

By expanding Monero users network in cities and regions as much as possible, all its members will have profited!

To make Monero REAL, we have to create its REAL use. Thanks to Monero's unique functions some things are going to happen next nearest time. MoneroClub is the first step to get Monero in a comfortable way.

Very nice. Congrats on this project!
Activity: 212
Damn i need help here,
i sent by mistake my xmr to a old wallet i created on May 19. I Dont know how i got to do this but oh well...

I can't find my old password...

so what can i do ?
Its Gone ?
Sad

If you don't have your password or seed words, it's gone.

Keep trying to come up with your password.

You can always keep the encrypted wallet around even if you don't find the password. Perhaps in the future brute forcing it will become practical.

thanks smooth, what a bad mistake i dont know why i keept this wallet around Sad mining since May and i lost everything F***

Not lost. Just come up with the password.  Or if not, keep it around. Maybe in 10 years you can brute force it and it will be worth an insane amount.

the next day i created that wallet i remeber making a new one because i had already lost the password lol
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Admin of DwarfPool.com

MoneroClub now in Beta-phase

www.MoneroClub.com/

From now you can make/edit orders easy, can post deals and communicate with sellers/buyers

Link to annonce: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9815710

It's time to bring Monero to the new level! That's why MoneroClub has been created.

Similar to LocalBitcoins for BTC, this is P2P trading platform of any currency (fiat+BTC) for Monero.

Bypassing the centralized exchanges, that should prevent the price from falling.

Perhaps, you post an advertisement as a "seller on the spot", reselling Monero and increasing the number  of the "local" members.

By expanding Monero users network in cities and regions as much as possible, all its members will have profited!

To make Monero REAL, we have to create its REAL use. Thanks to Monero's unique functions some things are going to happen next nearest time. MoneroClub is the first step to get Monero in a comfortable way.

well ... anyone wanna buy monerochat.com for some monero so i can get some XMR back since i am now poor and i have no more time to redo the site.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Damn i need help here,
i sent by mistake my xmr to a old wallet i created on May 19. I Dont know how i got to do this but oh well...

so what can i do ?
Its Gone ?
Sad

You can always keep the encrypted wallet around even if you don't find the password. Perhaps in the future brute forcing it will become practical.

thanks smooth, what a bad mistake i dont know why i keept this wallet around Sad mining since May and i lost everything F***

Not lost. Just come up with the password.  Or if not, keep it around. Maybe in 10 years you can brute force it and it will be worth an insane amount.

Damn i need help here,

so what can i do ?
Its Gone ?
Sad

legendary
Damn i need help here,

so what can i do ?
Its Gone ?
Sad

Damn i need help here,

so what can i do ?
Its Gone ?
Sad
Activity: 198
It's funny, here we are with a coin that can truly empower people and it's Ripple with their corporate control that will win.

People don't want anonymity, they want to be told what to use and when to use it.

To me the race between XRP and STR is a 'marketing' race to the top. It's the prisoner's dilemma that keeps the price going up... the looser will die.
legendary
Note also that i don't trust TOR, as far as it is backed by US agency Smiley

I don't trust Tor either. However for the specific purpose for which I recommended it, I do consider it effective. The idea is to not disclose your own IP to the node operator. Tor does that, and connecting directly does not.

Sure it is certainly true that the US government or other powerful entities may well be able to defeat Tor and link up your transaction with your IP address, but without Tor the US government can still do that, your ISP can do it, and the node operator can do it. That is certainly worse.

Activity: 400
Merit: 263

I just said something along these lines in Polo Trollbox. Can't change human nature I guess.
Activity: 219
Please, be aware that using a remote daemon compromises your privacy, as it leaks your transactions data. Someone in the middle sniffing your connection would be able to take a look at it, as well as the people operating the remote daemon. So basically you are trusting the person running the daemon and that no one is snooping your connection .

Quoting smooth from https://forum.monero.cc/4/academic-and-technical/10/remote-monero-deamon :

I think it is possible to mostly fix this model of light wallet by connecting to two nodes getting mixins from both. Then randomly choose have the mixins from each. Neither will be able to tell which is your coin source.

Snooping of transactions doesn't really matter -- they are public anyway --although snooping of the mixins could matter, and snooping of your IP could matter. Both issue can be largely fixed (granted not NSA-proof) by connecting to the nodes over Tor. A simple proxy setup should work.

Even over Tor, wouldn't it leak destination addresses and transactions amounts?

EDIT: Oh, OK, if the node is running as an .onion service then the channel would be secure, but would the node be able to get addresses and amounts?

No, the node sees the same transaction everyone else sees (e.g. by looking on chainexplorer.com, or the blockchain itself). That by itself doesn't include anything particularly useful (and can't).

With Tor the node could not correlate this with an IP address, which would be the only extra information it has if the mixins are blinded using multiple nodes as I described. The nodes would have to collude to identify the real source of the transaction.

Im the operator of public open node on which jwinterm based the wallet.

Also known as HegemoOn on irc.

For the moment there is only one instance running publicly, but if the wallet is widely adopted, i must run a reliable multiple instances service.

For the moment also, this service is sponsored only by my own pocket, and cost me more than what my pool generate.

So basically, new feature, better security, and more reliability is also an economical problem.
There is a donation button in this wallet, i really encourage peoples to use it, jwinterm and I need it to improve the code, and the service.

Note also that i don't trust TOR, as far as it is backed by US agency Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
So we're under 0.001 now?

What a mess.
Yeah, and even a bit down from 0.001BTC.
Hold?

My instinct says hold, however my experience with holding has destroyed whatever value was left.

Thus, it seems much more logical to dump it all.

I'm going to be stupid and hold until 0.0001 :p
Jump to: