Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1248. (Read 4670643 times)

3x2
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004
Monero XMR / BTC   0.00116
I'm in panic.
Sell or wait?

Sell and re-buy in january when GUI/DB is completed.
you mean sell low and buy high?
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
StakeChain Community leader
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
Is anyone in team working on Monero usage online?
I mean, I wanna buy a domain name with Monero, I wanna pay hosting with Monero, I want to buy a phone with Monero ... dating, gambling... so many options.
Monero is very good alt coin, but if there is no usage, value is equal to zero.
Ill date you for Monero. :p
I want to date just your Monero. I am a duck wearing a swimming suit.

Oh come on! Funnny! Break a smile  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
hi there; I have a problem with an old wallet.

I mined like 200 xmr a long time ago (before seed) and now i can't import the wallet.

i use gui wallet; i can create a new wallet and it's working but i can't import the old one; it's stuck with "initializing" (blockchain is downloaded etc)

at some point i saw my balance after 20 wallet reboot then it crashed;

anybody can help ?

http://prntscr.com/5di2vp

http://pastebin.com/8VdWmh0i
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
Does anybody know what's the hash rate of Monero vs Boolberry, as well as how many miners in both (miner distribution graph?)?
Activity: 649
I'm in panic.
Sell or wait?

I mean, I wanna buy a domain name with Monero, I wanna pay hosting with Monero, I want to buy a phone with Monero ... dating, gambling... so many options.
Only mine and sell or just keep? Why?

I would advise you to stop paying so much attention to price and instead put your skills to use. Develop a project to improve monero adoption, start an aware raising campaign or whatever. Maybe when you (and others) are done and things start to fall into place we will all be pleasantly surprised. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Instead pointing out that Monero will "just be like Bitcoin" and somehow I doubt that will be enough for the holy grail (it isn't "golden" you infidel  Tongue) of crypto, the "mass adoption". If we are honest with ourselfes, goals, targets than it isn't merely about value, it is all about adoption.

We never said it will just be like Bitcoin.
I think we already stated multiple times that anonymity won't be the only point of Monero, but its a must have.

Mining decentralisation is one of the things that will be worked on for sure.

If you're a darknet operator, this isn't a dick measuring contest, it's the difference between jail time and freedom. It'd be nice to hear from non-investors on the matter and have a legitimate discussion on which coin(s) is anonymous and which one(s) is just claiming to be anonymous--neutral territory, of course.

If you want opinions from neutral people who have no hedge in monero, maybe read the post from gmaxwell (nullc): https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7765455
Or Andytoshis post on stackexchange: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/29471/is-there-any-true-anonymous-cryptocurrencies

Why hasn't this been answered?

First of, I am a Monero core developper. I'll try to remain as factual and objective as possible, though.

Now, for the simple answer: use Monero

And for the longer answer: read Andrew Poelstra's very informative reply.

I would also add the following:

Zero-Knowledge Proof has several of fundamental issues that may not even be fixable (from the less critical to the most critical): trusted accumulator, lack of academic research, obscuring the whole economy means that it is impossible to notice a bug until the economy had already been badly damaged. See our comparison on Monero ANN.
    The CryptoNote technology is sound, but most actual implementation of it are not -- Boolberry and particularly Monero being the only ones worth considering, on the grounds of market confidence, activity and volume.
    Monero also works with the i2p initiative to obsfuscate IP (the only thing left visible once CryptoNote is in action).

shareimprove this answer

edited Aug 30 at 10:58
Alex F.

answered Aug 24 at 0:25
user10822

Since the fraud revelation linked in this post, the CryptoNote.org whitepaper has 404'd (part of the fraud was that this document was digitally signed with an obviously-wrong-by-multiple-years timestamp, so I guess that's why..). Do you or anyone have a link to a citable document describing their ring signature scheme? –  Andrew Poelstra Aug 25 at 15:27

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/29471/is-there-any-true-anonymous-cryptocurrencies
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm a Firestarter!
I'm in panic.
Sell or wait?

Did the fundamentals change? If you invested for the long time based on the fundamentals it would be irrational to sell then and you should have known that altcoins have a lot of volatality. If you can't handle the volatality you probably invested to much. I am not a trader, so can't give an opinion on short term.
I invested + mined.
Just this price is too low and I would invest even more if I had.
Too bad I'm out of funds for investitions, and if this one go bad, I'm broke.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
I'm in panic.
Sell or wait?

Did the fundamentals change? If you invested for the long time based on the fundamentals it would be irrational to sell then and you should have known that altcoins have a lot of volatality. If you can't handle the volatality you probably invested to much. I am not a trader, so can't give an opinion on short term.
legendary
I'm in panic.
Sell or wait?

Sell and re-buy in january when GUI/DB is completed.
legendary
I'm a Firestarter!
I'm in panic.
Sell or wait?
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
Buywall of 55 BTC on poloniex was at 0.00102 and is now at 0.00111990
More retweets help!

Please mention mymonero.com in your retweets!
https://mymonero.com
is ready-to-use web wallet for newbies, and maintained by fluffypony himself.
Excellent work.
legendary
Activity: 1260
World Class Cryptonaire
Only mine and sell or just keep? Why?

Ill date you for Monero. :p

On a serious note though I can provide some goods for Monero, what are you specifically looking to buy?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I wish there was the mandatory upgrade tag only when there was a new upgrade. Otherwise, people get used to it and dont bother to check anymore.

It was said before that the date of the upgrade would be included in the title.

I agree it is important.  It is very simple.  

The upgrade (update) announcement should be at least one month before the actual implementation so that most people are ready.
Activity: 722
StakeChain Community leader
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Contacted support and waiting
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
you fan of XMR want XRM to be a succes do the same as me and follow twitter, like facebook sign in the forum and show the world you using and support Monero.

^ Good advice
Jump to: