Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1249. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 722
Merit: 500
StakeChain Community leader
Hi Again,

I come here some times and I like this coin but the problem I think real community outside Bitcointalk.
I checked twitter @monerocurrency and there are only 770 followers and https://forum.monero.cc/ not very crowdy jet.
The facebook page I liked and only 244 other people liked it.
Maybe becouse this is an anon cryptocurrency you don't expose that you using it but for the surviving of XMR more community building is needed.
I have some buy orders in XMR and after this post I go rigister to the forum and I you fan of XMR want XRM to be a succes do the same as me and follow twitter, like facebook sign in the forum and show the world you using and support Monero. We have to finish the downtrent for this great currency. There is a place for XMR, it is not of my intrest to get better exchange rate becouse I 'm big in other coin.
It is just a tip to fans of Monero (I have a nice gift from a member of your community I show later).
Succes Monero!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Be carefull, mixing factor, ...does not offer 0 for that. Some exchange sites stumble over that.

I find it interesting that you say that because I deal with an exchange site which denies receipt of a deposit with a non-zero mixin, unique among all of my many deposits, among which it is the only one which used a non-zero mixin.  I think it is reasonable to believe, on Bayesian reasoning, that they are lying thieves and I know of no other explanation.  Do you? 
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
We have MyMonero service for wallet online - simple and clean - no need to update anything, so you can mine direct to it, as well to spend from it.
Be carefull, mixing factor, the webwallet does not offer 0 for that. Some exchange sites stumble over that.
Mining to it works.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Re directbet add, what does he mean by API? Hopefully we can get on there soon, would be fun if nothing else.

While Monero has most of the votes, we believe that it is still a bit premature for direct betting purposes.

The main reason is because the API is not yet finalized. Another reason is that the official wallet does not yet have a GUI.

That being said, we're monitoring its progress and hope to be able to accept it soon.

Meanwhile, please do continue to share your thoughts on which other altcoin we should add.

We're seriously considering accepting additional coins and your feedback has been valuable for us. Thanks.

I guess a GUI with API for automating transactions (bets), just like you use an exchange API for a sell/buy bot. I hope devs can extend on this topic, because my knowledge is limited.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Re directbet add, what does he mean by API? Hopefully we can get on there soon, would be fun if nothing else.

While Monero has most of the votes, we believe that it is still a bit premature for direct betting purposes.

The main reason is because the API is not yet finalized. Another reason is that the official wallet does not yet have a GUI.

That being said, we're monitoring its progress and hope to be able to accept it soon.

Meanwhile, please do continue to share your thoughts on which other altcoin we should add.

We're seriously considering accepting additional coins and your feedback has been valuable for us. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141
Is anyone in team working on Monero usage online?
I mean, I wanna buy a domain name with Monero, I wanna pay hosting with Monero, I want to buy a phone with Monero ... dating, gambling... so many options.
Monero is very good alt coin, but if there is no usage, value is equal to zero.
Only mine and sell or just keep? Why?

The community needs the client to have the GUI/DB done before XMR is ready for prime time.

The upside is that you can still get cheap XMR while the foundation for the ground floor is being built.

We have MyMonero service for wallet online - simple and clean - no need to update anything, so you can mine direct to it, as well to spend from it.

I think he meant that we need a GUI/DB (with API) before someone can start some kind of payment processor to fulfill your wishes about paying for things with monero.
legendary
Activity: 1092
I'm a Firestarter!
I mean, I wanna buy a domain name with Monero, I wanna pay hosting with Monero, I want to buy a phone with Monero ... dating, gambling... so many options.

The community needs the client to have the GUI/DB done before XMR is ready for prime time.

The upside is that you can still get cheap XMR while the foundation for the ground floor is being built.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
I wish there was the mandatory upgrade tag only when there was a new upgrade. Otherwise, people get used to it and dont bother to check anymore.

It was said before that the date of the upgrade would be included in the title.

I agree it is important.  It is very simple.  
legendary
I'm a Firestarter!
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Hello folks,

are there any news regarding 0.8.8.5 ?

We've gotten it down to an entropy issue on Windows not being handled correctly (and thus exiting completely) - it's a breaking issue, as it causes an exit on startup, but at least we've figured out the where and why:)

I presume the entropy has something to do with a RNG being used?

Thanks for the updates.

Yes, but it's the entropy used by libunbound for DNS queries (needing DNS seeds on startup and/or MoneroPulse DNS checkpointing would trigger it). We've just pushed a patch in, everything seems to work, going to do a little more testing to be 100% sure and then we'll re-tag and release tomorrow:)
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
 [/quote]

If you want opinions from neutral people who have no hedge in monero, maybe read the post from gmaxwell (nullc): https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7765455
Or Andytoshis post on stackexchange: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/29471/is-there-any-true-anonymous-cryptocurrencies

[/quote]

Thanks, Othe, much appreciated.
legendary
I'm a Firestarter!
People who troll for the price to go up/down usually have a sell/buy order in place that they are desperate to fill
Why would they do that here?
Price is gone down badly, that's real - no need to troll or lie - check any charts you want.
Long time it was about 2$ and now it just not to be free.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
People who troll for the price to go up/down usually have a sell/buy order in place that they are desperate to fill
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Hello folks,

We've gotten it down to an entropy issue on Windows not being handled correctly (and thus exiting completely) - it's a breaking issue, as it causes an exit on startup, but at least we've figured out the where and why:)

I presume the entropy has something to do with a RNG being used?

Thanks for the updates.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Hello folks,

Activity: 723
Merit: 503
I wish there was the mandatory upgrade tag only when there was a new upgrade. Otherwise, people get used to it and dont bother to check anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Hello folks,

It's tagged. Small problem with windows build IIRC.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
P2pool practically never gained ground (how about XMR p2pool ?)

Isn't this a huge contradiction?

Why would XMR p2pool end up better than BTC p2pool? Serious question.

p2pool was very very poorly implemented.  A quality implementation would be an enabling factor for success, and unprecedented.
Activity: 400
Merit: 263
Hello folks,

Jump to: