Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1617. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
I have a question, my simplewallet.log file is now over 24 gigs! I only have a 250 gig harddrive. With windows OS, MS Office and a few other things (and a game or two) Im dwindling down to 40GB of space.
Can I delete that file? Do I need it? Do I need to buy a 1TB harddrive just for monero wallet?

You can delete the log file. At the moment there is a lot of output to help the devs in case of issues, but you don't need that as a user.
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
I have a question, my simplewallet.log file is now over 24 gigs! I only have a 250 gig harddrive. With windows OS, MS Office and a few other things (and a game or two) Im dwindling down to 40GB of space.
Can I delete that file? Do I need it? Do I need to buy a 1TB harddrive just for monero wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
what, sudo apt-get install gcc-4.8 says I alread have latest version

Im not a linux expert..just trying to use my headless linux mining rig to setup Monero as its the only 64bit system I have and I have been having problems getting the deamon to work on my 32bit Win 7 system.

I just tried sudo apt-get install gcc

and it says I alreay have the latest version.

The bug has been fixed ages ago, try installing gcc-4.8 if gcc-4.7 is unmaintained in your distro.

You may have two versions installed, are you actually using 4.8? Check with ./gcc --version
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Who's here, http://moneropool.com/ #, received payment yet?Cry Cry Cry
pending balance +1.0032xxxx
stil no payment

last payment (for me) was at hight 134275   (0.5000000 MNR)

Thank you for your answer, my English is not good.
I've sent an email to [email protected]
I suggest you do the same
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
what, sudo apt-get install gcc-4.8 says I alread have latest version

Im not a linux expert..just trying to use my headless linux mining rig to setup Monero as its the only 64bit system I have and I have been having problems getting the deamon to work on my 32bit Win 7 system.

The bug has been fixed ages ago, try installing gcc-4.8 if gcc-4.7 is unmaintained in your distro.

Activity: 173
Merit: 100
stil no payment

last payment (for me) was at hight 134275   (0.5000000 MNR)

Thank you for your answer, my English is not good.
Activity: 392
stil no payment

last payment (for me) was at hight 134275   (0.5000000 MNR)
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
Activity: 336

Any suggestions ?

Bug in whatever version of gcc you are using. Try a different version.

trying to compile in linux via :

git clone git://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero && cd bitmonero && make

Error received is below. Can anyone help.

Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/cc1VdVQB.out file, please attach this to your bugreport.
make[3]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/daemon.dir/daemon/daemon.cpp.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/xxxx/bitmonero/build/release'
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/daemon.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xxxx/bitmonero/build/release'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xxxx/bitmonero/build/release'
make: *** [build-release] Error 2
xxxx@xxxx5:~/bitmonero$ /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:243:1: internal compiler error:                                              in get_expr_operands, at tree-ssa-operands.c:1035
-bash: /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:243:1:: No such file or directory
xxxx@xxxx5:~/bitmonero$ /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:243:1: internal compiler error:                                              in get_expr_operands, at tree-ssa-operands.c:1035
-bash: /home/xxxx/bitmonero/src/daemon/daemon.cpp:243:1:: No such file or directory

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Bug in whatever version of gcc you are using. Try a different version.

Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/cc1VdVQB.out file, please attach this to your bugreport.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
With a higher mix in, does this raise the transaction fee?

Is there a limit of mix in to 30?

Cheers  Cool

It makes the transaction larger so once we have a market mechanism that is a function of scarcity of block space than it will. But at this time there is no block space scarcity and so no bidding for inclusion so no extra fee. At least that is my experience.

Correct, furthermore there is currently no mechanism in the standard software to even change the fee at all. It is always 0.005 per transaction, regardless of size.

During periods of high transaction volume (and there have been some, especially during pumps), larger transactions may take somewhat longer to get into a block.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

Cheers  Cool

It makes the transaction larger so once we have a market mechanism that is a function of scarcity of block space than it will. But at this time there is no block space scarcity and so no bidding for inclusion so no extra fee. At least that is my experience.
Activity: 38
Merit: 14
I found a XMR mining pool in china :

http://112.124.35.168   a chinese pool  run at china

It's good for miners from china to connecting and  mining.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Maybe if people stopped posting FUD every few minutes, the threads wouldn't be on the front page?
Troll post or not, each one keeps Monero in the spotlight.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
This comment was on another Monero thread, I'm moving it here because it was off-topic for that discussion, and might get legitimate feedback in this thread. I have sent (or will be sending) a PM to the poster with a link to the new location:

i like monero and all..

but you guys are spamming now with 1000 opened threads for different topics. please contain your coin topics on a dedicated forum or main ANN thread.

-updated by kbm

Maybe we should start a "Complaints about amount of Monero posts" thread?

Done.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/complaints-about-amount-of-monero-posts-thread-700683

I was kidding, but lol.
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

Cheers  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
This comment was on another Monero thread, I'm moving it here because it was off-topic for that discussion, and might get legitimate feedback in this thread. I have sent (or will be sending) a PM to the poster with a link to the new location:

i like monero and all..

but you guys are spamming now with 1000 opened threads for different topics. please contain your coin topics on a dedicated forum or main ANN thread.

-updated by kbm

Maybe we should start a "Complaints about amount of Monero posts" thread?

Done.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/complaints-about-amount-of-monero-posts-thread-700683
Jump to: