Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1614. (Read 4670622 times)

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
I moved my calculations about Monero distribution to a new thread.
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
thank you ...used pscp to do transfer. daemon synced...waiting on wallet to sync as well.... all running through ssh on headless linux system booted from Ubuntu 12.10 on 16gb USB...only 6% space left  Roll Eyes

^Copy your .keys file to linux and open the wallet as ususal - a new .bin file will be created based on the .keys.

For 16 GB, it would be better if you install Debian or Lubuntu or any lighter distros or just buy a 32 GB USB. Smiley
Kindly,
         MZ
Activity: 728
Merit: 504
thank you ...used pscp to do transfer. daemon synced...waiting on wallet to sync as well.... all running through ssh on headless linux system booted from Ubuntu 12.10 on 16gb USB...only 6% space left  Roll Eyes

^Copy your .keys file to linux and open the wallet as ususal - a new .bin file will be created based on the .keys.
Monero Status Android Widget

A friend of mine made an android widget and app.

Updates
•Added fullscreen mode
•Added hitbtc.com
•Persistent user values in calculator (hashrate, coins)
•Bug fixes (coinmarketcap.com data being stuck is now fixed)

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.monerostatus

If anyone feels like donating: 47g3CVqBdmPZgPEA8m2hjT4aosiNhmELD3jdQVbtbooVGuCjHfY7aBUQo5p2Qirk7629LiFZWH7ZWMZ nSAZ5n7paP7ePThK
Many thanks to the three donators! Cheesy

P.S. Ask about more features and report about bugs!

Great Work! Try to develop for other coins too and you can get a good fund for your project and can help others too. Smiley
Kindly,
        MZ
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Monero Status Android Widget

A friend of mine made an android widget and app.

Updates
•Added fullscreen mode
•Added hitbtc.com
•Persistent user values in calculator (hashrate, coins)
•Bug fixes (coinmarketcap.com data being stuck is now fixed)

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.monerostatus

If anyone feels like donating: 47g3CVqBdmPZgPEA8m2hjT4aosiNhmELD3jdQVbtbooVGuCjHfY7aBUQo5p2Qirk7629LiFZWH7ZWMZ nSAZ5n7paP7ePThK
Many thanks to the three donators! Cheesy

P.S. Ask about more features and report about bugs!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
whats the view on anon coins and the proposed NY regulations?  If they get applied there, it won't be long before other states copy them and apply them.

there is a section, s200, on those that issue, administer and control coins needing to register for licences.

Monero is not aiming to be in compliance with the regulations I suppose Wink

edit: however, this could mean that the devs (if their identities will be known) could possibly not be allowed to enter the US.  Undecided
Don't know if this also would apply to David, the spokesman...

Is a negative response towards anonymous currencies from governments and law enforcement a threat to Monero? How will Monero respond to criticism of anonymity?

David – First by not being anonymous if you don’t want to. Monero is private by default, optionally transparent (just like cash!) – the details of individual transactions, or even of an entire wallet, can be revealed publicly or privately. Plus, the developpers are publicly accessible. You can Google my name and the French and South Africa governments could knock at our door if they need someone to talk to. We play fair with everyone, governments included.

source: http://www.coinssource.com/monero-interview/
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
whats the view on anon coins and the proposed NY regulations?  If they get applied there, it won't be long before other states copy them and apply them.

there is a section, s200, on those that issue, administer and control coins needing to register for licences.

Monero is not aiming to be in compliance with the regulations I suppose Wink

edit: however, this could mean that the devs (if their identities will be known) could possibly not be allowed to enter the US.  Undecided
Don't know if this also would apply to David, the spokesman...
Activity: 784
Merit: 272
whats the view on anon coins and the proposed NY regulations?  If they get applied there, it won't be long before other states copy them and apply them.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
What are the biggest possible amount of coins that can be sent in a transfer? 100 coins? 200 coins?

Much more than that. I don't know if there is a set limit. However if you use mixing you will find few outputs on the blockchain of such extreme size with which to mix.
legendary
How long do monero confirm a transaction transaction, i have transfer some coins to a excahge plartform for 10 hours,but the excahnge palrtform still not receive my coins?anyone know what happen?thanks !

Did you send using the current version of the wallet? If you sent using and older version (fee too small) the transaction won't confirm.

What happens to user's funds after that? The sent fund will be returned back to user's wallet, won't it?

Yes but it isn't as streamlined as it should be yet. You have to delete the bin wallet file (not keys!) and resync.
legendary
Activity: 1106
What are the biggest possible amount of coins that can be sent in a transfer? 100 coins? 200 coins?
legendary
Activity: 1106
How long do monero confirm a transaction transaction, i have transfer some coins to a excahge plartform for 10 hours,but the excahnge palrtform still not receive my coins?anyone know what happen?thanks !

Did you send using the current version of the wallet? If you sent using and older version (fee too small) the transaction won't confirm.

What happens to user's funds after that? The sent fund will be returned back to user's wallet, won't it?
Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
figured it out. Now a new question as my real issue was lack of access to my Windows 7 wallet due the blockchain download getting stuck..

Can I somehow transfer a windows wallet to Linux ?

Thanks all for your help. 'make clean' was what finally worked. I learn everytime I use linux Smiley I have now downloaded the linux bootstarp blockchain but the daemon is not finding it. I assume I have placed it in the wrong directory.

Any help ?

Otila,

Linux newbie. I tried google. How do I  remove "-flto" flag

Use a text editor to remove it from file CMakeLists.txt

Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^It should be in th ~/.bitmonero folder (not in ~/bitmonero)
Thanks all for your help. 'make clean' was what finally worked. I learn everytime I use linux Smiley I have now downloaded the linux bootstarp blockchain but the daemon is not finding it. I assume I have placed it in the wrong directory.

Any help ?

Where did you put it(Directory)?

edit: Monero's data directory is located in ~/.bitmonero/ by default. You can run ls -a to see directories that start with a dot.
You can also search for the directory with the following command: find / -name wallet.dat -print 2>/dev/null

Kindly,
        MZ

Any help ?

Otila,

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Otila,

legendary
after remove the folder bitmonero

Be careful here. In hugh's case it sounds like his first build (i.e. he hasn't already created a wallet) and not an issue, but for others:

If you have already created a wallet, do not remove the bitmonero folder, or the build folder within that, and also do not do "make clean" (this will give you a warning now). By default the wallets are put in the current working directory, which is often within the bitmonero/build folder. Removing those may also delete your wallet. Caution advised, and always back up wallets, so even if accidentally removed they can be restored.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
hugh
make sure you have this
Dependencies: GCC 4.7.3 or later, CMake 2.8.6 or later, and Boost 1.53 or later (except 1.54, more details here: http://goo.gl/RrCFmA)

after remove the folder bitmonero
you have downloaded
and download again

and then do
make
Jump to: