Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1691. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
There isn't calculator for XMR at this time?
irc -> freenode -> /msg monerobot !calc 300
With 300 H/s you should get 0.38 XMR per Day
!worth 0.38
0.38 XMR ---> 0.00152004 BTC || 0.96 USD || 0.70 EUR
equipoise> !net
Hashrate: 13.63 MH/s || Difficulty: 857630320 || Reward (24h AVG): 15.80 || Last Reward: 15.80 || Last Block: 10:06:08 UTC || Blockheight: 115245 || 24h Hashrate Trend: -0.73%
Activity: 812
Activity: 812
this seems a great coin, but CPU/GPU 1:1 is really a problem, those with GPUs won't be interested in it.
GPU's for Monero are more than 20x more efficient at mining than CPU's...

No way. It depend of the CPU. The best CPUs are still better than any GPU :

AMD Opteron 6344 --> 430 hash for 115 W --> 3.75 h/W
R9 290-4GD5 - ASUS   --> 437.5 hash for 216 W --> 2.02 h/W
GeForce GTX 750 T --> 200 hash for 60 W --> 3.33 h/W

AMD Opteron 6344 is 85.6 % more efficient that a R9
AMD Opteron 6344 is 12.6 % more efficient that a 750 T

EDIT : Actually, dual AMD Opteron 6272 is even better : 3.91 h/W

Hmmm, how about no?

(I normally get 670h/s with my R9 290 at stock and 220h/s with my i7 3820)

According to your power numbers it should be at 3.1 hs/W, and it's more cheaply an easily scalable.
Gpu miner still has some good 10-30% optimizations left according to the developer.

Smaller gpu advantage compared to scrypt though, that's for sure. Not 20x, not 10x, gpus are just 1.6x faster.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
This coin is pretty nice. I admit I was skeptical with the wallet, but after building a new VM on Windows 7 64bit it's actually really smooth and straightforward.

My one piece of advise to anyone getting into XMR - don't bother using 32bit operating systems. It's very very unstable and very slow with XMR.

Yes you are right. I re-post migrate-to-64-bit instructions, posted by user florida.haunted earlier this thread of other users.

*WINDOWS USERS* (I think Linux users may do very very the same)

In case of any technical problem you have encountered with Monero:

0. Assume your 32-bit wallet file name is "wallet.bin" (adjust this instruction for other name accordingly)
1. Backup your wallet.bin.* files.
2. Delete ALL Monero files from your computer.
3. Download 64-bit Monero zip & blockchain.bin from 1st sticky page of this thread.
4. Unzip & place all the files downloaded above to the directory: "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\bitmonero\".
5. From the backup made at step 1, place wallet.bin.* files !!! EXCEPT wallet.bin itself !!! into directory at step 4.
6. Start bitmonerod.exe and wait for it to sync with the net.
7. Start simplewallet by the commad prompt: "simplewallet --wallet-file wallet.bin" (!!! name of the file that must NOT exist in directory at step 4 !!!).
8. When you want to stop any monero executables - ALWAYS type "exit" & be patient.

simplewallet re-creates correct version of wallet.bin for you.

Since you migrate to 64-bit Monero by CORRECT WAY mentioned above - you will never have any problem except being patient due to Monero is currently somewhat slow.

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

http://hashinvest.net/ has one, but very simple - you give H/s, take XMR/day. Fortunatly, web page has XMR/$ price at right hand and you may calculate $/day yourself.

Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Imagine a world without hate and oppression
Activity: 378
what will happen if i delete simplewallet.log which is 100gb from my wallet folder?Do i loose all?
legendary
Activity: 1120

v0.30.0 will introduce big core changes, so it's going to be an experimental release.

EDIT: Finally, there will be a notification about this Wink

EDIT #2:
Monero Client v0.30.0 (Experimental) is here!
https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client/releases/tag/v0.30.0

Please be aware that this release is not intended for use in scenarios which require maximum stability, as this version introduces changes to the core which may affect functionality. I have successfully implemented RPC support for simplewallet, but - as it had been discussed earlier on the #monero-dev IRC channel - it may fail "silently" along with the daemon, thus, no notifications may be shown about incoming transactions.

Although this is an experimental release, your wallet files are always safe and cannot be corrupted by my software. Report any bugs or crashes which you encounter: I only know about one which happens when the wallet RPC is not yet available, but the blockchain has been synced, thus, the 'Send' [transaction] button is enabled and causes a crash when pressed.

who did not understand their new version to test  Grin
r05
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
test cryptocoin please ignore
This coin is pretty nice. I admit I was skeptical with the wallet, but after building a new VM on Windows 7 64bit it's actually really smooth and straightforward.

My one piece of advise to anyone getting into XMR - don't bother using 32bit operating systems. It's very very unstable and very slow with XMR.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Hmm, well my and many other peoples CPU's I know of are crappy, and I tried mining and only got like .1 Monero per day.

I was talking about the best CPUs. Those are top grade AMD CPU for servers that require special motherboard. It is not like the normal people CPUs. Even the gamer CPUs are not close to that.

I you have a normal motherboard, the best for you is GPU NVIDIA 750 Ti.

How much do those top-grade CPU's cost?
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
LOL. I hate to respond to a troll, but to protect others... this is complete and utter nonsense. Really couldn't be more wrong.

this seems a great coin, but CPU/GPU 1:1 is really a problem, those with GPUs won't be interested in it.

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Hmm, well my and many other peoples CPU's I know of are crappy, and I tried mining and only got like .1 Monero per day.

I was talking about the best CPUs. Those are top grade AMD CPU for servers that require special motherboard. It is not like the normal people CPUs. Even the gamer CPUs are not close to that.

I you have a normal motherboard, the best for you is GPU NVIDIA 750 Ti.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

No way. It depend of the CPU. The best CPUs are still better than any GPU :

AMD Opteron 6344 --> 430 hash for 115 W --> 3.75 h/W
R9 290-4GD5 - ASUS   --> 437.5 hash for 216 W --> 2.02 h/W
GeForce GTX 750 T --> 200 hash for 60 W --> 3.33 h/W

AMD Opteron 6344 is 85.6 % more efficient that a R9
AMD Opteron 6344 is 12.6 % more efficient that a 750 T

EDIT : Actually, dual AMD Opteron 6272 is even better : 3.91 h/W
Activity: 252
Hi noob question, in order not to make a mistake when I want to transfer funds, is there a way to cut and paste addresses into simplewallet?

You should be able to right-click and paste, you might find it easier if you right-click the top bar of the Cmd window and under "Properties" tick "Quick edit mode".

Copying addresses from the CMD window is a bit trickier, you have to right-click and select "Mark" in order to highlight the text first.
Activity: 252
My rigatoni:

intel i7 4770 @ stock speeds [3.4GHz, up to 3.9 Max Turbo](4 threads): ~166 H/s -- Wolf0's minerd.exe
PNY nVidia GeForce GTX 750Ti OC [+81MHz Core, +189MHz Memory]   : ~274 H/s -- tsiv's ccminer.exe

274/166 =  1.65 , so comparing these 2 mainstream processors, running in Windows, GPU is 1.65 times faster than CPU

Nice PC spec, but you have to admit its well above the average Windows system that is likely to be botnet'd, which is what ppl seem to want to squeak about all the time. At least one of the larger botnets uses a custom 32bit miner which I assume therefore doesnt do AES, so I dont think its unreasonable to estimate hashrates of 40-80H/sec from each compromised system. Compare that to the current favourite XMR mining GPU, the R9-290X, which will do 900H/sec with the latest Claymore miner. The more economical but still good for gaming R9-270X will do 400H/sec.

As I said a few posts before, the ratio of CPU to GPU hashrates is roughly similar to Scrypt and other algos now, so I don't see it as a relevant factor.
Activity: 494
Hi noob question, in order not to make a mistake when I want to transfer funds, is there a way to cut and paste addresses into simplewallet?
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
How can I set the username/password for the wallet for solomining? I can only set the rpc-bind-port in the conf file.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
My rigatoni:

intel i7 4770 @ stock speeds [3.4GHz, up to 3.9 Max Turbo](4 threads): ~166 H/s -- Wolf0's minerd.exe
PNY nVidia GeForce GTX 750Ti OC [+81MHz Core, +189MHz Memory]   : ~274 H/s -- tsiv's ccminer.exe

274/166 =  1.65 , so comparing these 2 mainstream processors, running in Windows, GPU is 1.65 times faster than CPU

Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"

Since when? Cheesy
Activity: 770

Jump to: