Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1689. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 502
I tested this procedure carefully on four different Sandy-Bridge and Haswell machines (Win7 x64), but hugepages are not available... is there another way of making Windows activate hugepages - and to verify this?

Maybe try the info detailed in this Yam thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yam-m7v-support-xmrqcnbcnfcn-660758

Evidently it is called Lock Pages in Windows. Guy says he followed this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190730.aspx
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Join Monero Pool http://hashinvest.net / EU / Low 0.85% fees

XMR mining Getting Started for Linux, Windows and Mac users.
I take care of this pool all the time. Stable pool with instant online support.

Enable desktop notifications and always stay in tune!

Instant support

HashInvest won't speculate on volatile luck and hardware.
Just stable, well-maintained pool, kind support will help your even at night.

Nice pool. Clear getting started links, all info in one web page.

Just recommend you to advance your built-in-web-page mining calculator, with direct $/day computing & short mining hardware comparision table.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Pools: XMR.HashInvest.net

Join Monero Pool http://hashinvest.net / EU / Low 0.85% fees

XMR mining Getting Started for Linux, Windows and Mac users.
I take care of this pool all the time. Stable pool with instant online support.

Enable desktop notifications and always stay in tune!

Instant support

HashInvest won't speculate on volatile luck and hardware.
Just stable, well-maintained pool, kind support will help your even at night.

Activity: 198
Merit: 100
My rigatoni:

intel i7 4770 @ stock speeds [3.4GHz, up to 3.9 Max Turbo](4 threads): ~166 H/s -- Wolf0's minerd.exe
PNY nVidia GeForce GTX 750Ti OC [+81MHz Core, +189MHz Memory]   : ~274 H/s -- tsiv's ccminer.exe

274/166 =  1.65 , so comparing these 2 mainstream processors, running in Windows, GPU is 1.65 times faster than CPU

Intel i7 4770 @ stock speeds is more than 300 H/s with yam M7v

I'm having a hard time breaking 200 h/s using M7v-win64-haswell on my i7 4770k
using the configuration files suggested in the readme.

Do you have HugePages enabled? Did you configure CPU config? Are you running 4 threads? Breaking 300 H/s on 4770k shall be trivial with yam M7v - many ppl did that. Post more details on your specific setup so I can check what is going wrong in your case.

I am running windows, so I don't get the speed increases available under linux.  I wonder if a VM could be utilized?

I have seen 200+ (~220 max), but it was inconsistent.  I have settled on where it's at with 4 threads because it is steady and keeps the CPU utilization about 50%, leaving the rest open for running the desktop, apps, what have you.

HugePages speedups and thread pinning are available on Win64 as well. Check finetuning-bcn.txt and hugepages-win64.txt for details.

Generally on i7 4770k you shall run

yam.exe -c yam-xmr.cfg -c win64-i7-4770.cfg -t 4

And check after start it does not complain that it can not allocate hugepages memory.

It is really critical that you use both coin and CPU config for best perf on Win64.

I tested this procedure carefully on four different Sandy-Bridge and Haswell machines (Win7 x64), but hugepages are not available... is there another way of making Windows activate hugepages - and to verify this?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Wow, diff is rising, dudes. It seems SETI@Home admins realised that aliens can wait...
Activity: 66
Dev of yam miner
My rigatoni:

intel i7 4770 @ stock speeds [3.4GHz, up to 3.9 Max Turbo](4 threads): ~166 H/s -- Wolf0's minerd.exe
PNY nVidia GeForce GTX 750Ti OC [+81MHz Core, +189MHz Memory]   : ~274 H/s -- tsiv's ccminer.exe

274/166 =  1.65 , so comparing these 2 mainstream processors, running in Windows, GPU is 1.65 times faster than CPU

Do you have HugePages enabled? Did you configure CPU config? Are you running 4 threads? Breaking 300 H/s on 4770k shall be trivial with yam M7v - many ppl did that. Post more details on your specific setup so I can check what is going wrong in your case.

I am running windows, so I don't get the speed increases available under linux.  I wonder if a VM could be utilized?

I have seen 200+ (~220 max), but it was inconsistent.  I have settled on where it's at with 4 threads because it is steady and keeps the CPU utilization about 50%, leaving the rest open for running the desktop, apps, what have you.

HugePages speedups and thread pinning are available on Win64 as well. Check finetuning-bcn.txt and hugepages-win64.txt for details.

Generally on i7 4770k you shall run

yam.exe -c yam-xmr.cfg -c win64-i7-4770.cfg -t 4

And check after start it does not complain that it can not allocate hugepages memory.

It is really critical that you use both coin and CPU config for best perf on Win64.
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
My rigatoni:

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
That's why we should consider monero type of currency the bitcoin complement and not it's competitor, If and when they could become somehow conjugated..
Exactly. That's why it will succeed; because it doesn't compete, it complements. XMR's competition is 1) other Cryptonote coins 2) bitcoin-based mixers (including bitcoin-based anon coins like DRK)
Notice I did not say "threat"; I just said competition. Being the competition doesn't prevent you from leaving it in the dust Smiley

Bitcoin as bank transfer alternative, Monero as cash alternative ? Tongue
Very nice analogy!
Cash does have serial numbers, don't forget.
Let's say it is a nice catchphrase, even though like most catchphrase, it has limitation. So yes, monero is the cash of cryptocurrency - the coins, not the serial-numbers-encumbered-notes.

The one is XMR  Grin
Activity: 66
Dev of yam miner
My rigatoni:

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
what will happen if i delete simplewallet.log which is 100gb from my wallet folder?Do i loose all?

nothing, you should delete it from time to time, only if you created a new wallet recently the seed is also saved there, other than that nothing useful for the common user.

I have my seed stored in multiple safe locations.  Am I correct to assume it would be ok to delete the log file aka text document?

Also should the bitmonerod text document be deleted from time to time?  

Thank you, the drooling masses Smiley
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
For solo mining in the daemon enter:
Code:
start_mining N
N - number of threads
You could use 'help' in the daemon to see all the commands (in the wallet too).

Thanks, but I want to use GPU miner which requires login information.
The GPU miner doesn't support solo mining yet. You can create a private pool for it if you want.
The username is your Monero address and the password is not used by the pool, so use 'x' for password to connect to the (private) pool.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Code:
start_mining N
N - number of threads

The GPU miner doesn't support solo mining yet. You can create a private pool for it if you want.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Code:
start_mining N
N - number of threads

Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
How can I set the username/password for the wallet for solomining? I can only set the rpc-bind-port in the conf file.

Anyone,  please?
Code:
start_mining N
N - number of threads
Activity: 798
Claymores XMR GPU miner 4.2 now supports a no fee command with a 10% hash decrease.

Thats great news.

I urge anyone using Claymores miner to update and use the no fee command.

To make it clear I have no problem with claymore being compensated for his work but 5% of all GPU coins is far from fair compensation particularly when he will likely be dumping it on the market. People don't be fooled by a 10% hashing decrease and think you are better off not using the no fee command.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
My rigatoni:

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
That's why we should consider monero type of currency the bitcoin complement and not it's competitor, If and when they could become somehow conjugated..
Exactly. That's why it will succeed; because it doesn't compete, it complements. XMR's competition is 1) other Cryptonote coins 2) bitcoin-based mixers (including bitcoin-based anon coins like DRK)
Notice I did not say "threat"; I just said competition. Being the competition doesn't prevent you from leaving it in the dust Smiley

Bitcoin as bank transfer alternative, Monero as cash alternative ? Tongue
Very nice analogy!
Cash does have serial numbers, don't forget.
Let's say it is a nice catchphrase, even though like most catchphrase, it has limitation. So yes, monero is the cash of cryptocurrency - the coins, not the serial-numbers-encumbered-notes.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
How can I set the username/password for the wallet for solomining? I can only set the rpc-bind-port in the conf file.

Anyone,  please?
Jump to: