Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1687. (Read 4670614 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Please provide the same information at the other top-listed pools on the OP (IRC nick, fees, location...)
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Monero pool, www.benchpools.info/monero  
pool is good, and have staff who watch for eventual crashes, just need a lot of hashes, so come and make some moneros Smiley
www.benchpools.info/monero    server location: US-EAST       pool manager (Europe)   vlax352     Pool Fee: 2%       

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Yeah, he is actually a hero member,and it makes me to trust him... and since now i do not trust XMR devs because of credible threat
Account are sold. Lot of time. I even saw it happen.
Plus, hero member means you are posting a lot, no more. Post "To da M00n" every page and you will be hero member in no time.

Is there a way to change the blockchain.bin to another HDD or dir .... so i dont have to keep it on %APPDATA% and have to bloat my system hdd
symlink. Google for some tools for your OS.

Of course we should be a smart enough to keep our money safe, but i'm strongly believe that developers should also worried about their own consumers.
Links are on the "unnofficial" section for a reason.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Is there a GPU miner without the trojan Huh
No,it is funny,the miner is not open source.

But remember if your GPU & electricity is not free for you, it is currently not profiable.

Why do people keep saying that?
It's totally profitable  Huh Huh Huh

My calculator?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14FC2ZzfDQ5Nz2YgjaNE_BcFVKSEMLLXOWUL9zf_Zw9A/edit#gid=109561233
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
What is 'credible threat' and in what sense don't you trust XMR devs?
So your opinion is that if people can catch a virus because of mining your currency - it's not a developer's problem?

Empty discussion. Show us a trojan or keep the FUD out, thanks.

Guys it was a simple question of where the fuck can u get a gpu miner

there is aknown ver that has a 5 % mines on an alt pool built into it etc

if somebody can link a good ver etc that would be nice....lolz

It's not a trojan - it's an up-front dev fee that is not in the slightest bit hidden.  Claymore has developed several successful miners to date, including what is probably the most popular and successful one for Primecoin.  It's incorrect to call it a "trojan", which implies a hidden payload that acts in a nefarious way.

If you have nvidia cards, you can grab tsiv's ccminer fork that has cryptonight support and is completely open-source.  See the cudaminer/ccminer thread for details and links.

Problem with tsiv's miner : Zero manual/documentation Sad
xa4
Activity: 71
I have a question about the deamon.
What is IGD portmapping for ? Is it bad if my deamon says 'UPNP_AddPortMapping failed' ? I have this error message, but everything else seems to work fine.

dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
So your opinion is that if people can catch a virus because of mining your currency - it's not a developer's problem?

It's not a trojan - it's an up-front dev fee that is not in the slightest bit hidden.  Claymore has developed several successful miners to date, including what is probably the most popular and successful one for Primecoin.  It's incorrect to call it a "trojan", which implies a hidden payload that acts in a nefarious way.

If you have nvidia cards, you can grab tsiv's ccminer fork that has cryptonight support and is completely open-source.  See the cudaminer/ccminer thread for details and links.
Activity: 768
Merit: 505
Is there a way to change the blockchain.bin to another HDD or dir .... so i dont have to keep it on %APPDATA% and have to bloat my system hdd

I didn't find such option in bitmonerod, but you can try http://www.windows7home.net/how-to-create-symbolic-link-in-windows-7/

You can use the --data-dir option to change where bitmonerod stores its .bin files, e.g.

Code:
bitmonerod --data-dir d:/blockchain/

thank you, so it works the same way like it does on bitcoin and clones
Activity: 93

Sorry for the advertisement, but we also need to pay the pool
Activity: 93

Myagui has already elaborated my position. I just want to add, that Claymore now offers the option "-nofee" in his newest beta version
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I didn't find such option in bitmonerod, but you can try http://www.windows7home.net/how-to-create-symbolic-link-in-windows-7/

You can use the --data-dir option to change where bitmonerod stores its .bin files, e.g.

Code:
bitmonerod --data-dir d:/blockchain/
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
(...)

Plenty of links in the OP. What qualifies as a 'good version' is largely subjective, so I'd advise you to use your best judgement. 
The OP is usually a good starting point for all things relating to a currency that you're not yet familiar with... The OP also has links to the missives that the team has posted so far, and I'd say that those are an absolute "must read" for anyone getting started with Monero.

Cheers,
~ Myagui

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

You shouldn't ask me for that. This conversation was started by YipYip's question about trojans. But if you
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
He just asked what is 'credible threat'. I doubt is his currency, at least not that part that is on my valet. You can get virus anywhere if you are not cautious. I am using wolf miner for over a month and got nothing such.
Activity: 63
Activity: 42
Yeah, he is actually a hero member,and it makes me to trust him... and since now i do not trust XMR devs because of credible threat

What is 'credible threat' and in what sense don't you trust XMR devs? Because all the XMR-related code is 100% open source, I suppose, you don't need trust or not, you just need to be smart enough to analize open sources yourself, don't you?

Your words make some sense, but you want to say that XMR devs can't place a link to download a GPU miner without a trojan?
Of course we should be a smart enough to keep our money safe, but i'm strongly believe that developers should also worried about their own consumers.
Jump to: