Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1818. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
I posted here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.6260 - about the payments issue and I see more ppl in the last few pages are having the same issues with withdrawals and sending of XMR. Are the devs working on it?

Yeah, the price is going up really fast but this kind of trouble could really hurt it, especially when broader audience after launching on Mintpal starts to encounter it... How do we expect to deposit and withdraw coins anyway?  Huh

BTW, is there some specific amount of XMR which can be sent and withdrawn safely - that it goes to the intended address without the trouble?
Activity: 856
Merit: 250
Price growing really fast. Soon we will be hitting 0.01 BTC
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Your best bet at raising trade volume would be to go on the NXT Asset exchange (David Latapie said he would consider a possibility to set up a gateway), Mintpal won't add you, they were playing same games with NXT and still haven't added it. They only add bitcoin clones because it doesn't take any work to add those. Any new technology requires time to test, so major exchanges won't add so quickly.

From what I gathered, we'll be added not this monday but the next if MONERO is NUMERO 1 at this time. It's just that it's too short to implement it for tomorrow. So no need to send your btc right now! But yeah, if all goes well, on the 23th, we are on mintpal!!!
Activity: 153
Merit: 107
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

Looks like it's a cloud computing system for Nvidia GPU mining. Kind of like a lot of Amazon EC2 instances, but these computers have graphics cards.

Clearly whoever it is seems to be offering rented GPU mining for Nvidia through a remote access - the programs are implied to have already been set up.

I answered the other half of your question here

Thanks - do I need to synchronise my wallet as well if I were to use claymore's miner and can nvidia chips be used to mine monero ?

No, only AMD Radeon with this miner software.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Hopefully soon on mintpal! Cheesy
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Looks like it's a cloud computing system for Nvidia GPU mining. Kind of like a lot of Amazon EC2 instances, but these computers have graphics cards.

Clearly whoever it is seems to be offering rented GPU mining for Nvidia through a remote access - the programs are implied to have already been set up.

I answered the other half of your question here

Thanks - do I need to synchronise my wallet as well if I were to use claymore's miner and can nvidia chips be used to mine monero ?
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
Your best bet at raising trade volume would be to go on the NXT Asset exchange (David Latapie said he would consider a possibility to set up a gateway), Mintpal won't add you, they were playing same games with NXT and still haven't added it. They only add bitcoin clones because it doesn't take any work to add those. Any new technology requires time to test, so major exchanges won't add so quickly.
legendary
I've just asked mintpal about the implementation of Monero. We've finally had a reply!!!!

[12:37:55] Hi MintPal-Jay : if Monero is first on voting list on monday are you gonna be able to add it? because its not a bitcoin clone, its total new technology so maybe its gonna be hard, are u aware of it and of the work that needs to be done to implement it? I ask because at the moment investors are betting a lot of bitcoins to make it first on monday! It would be a shame if things doesnt work out

[13:19:46] <@MintPal-Jay> darlidada: We haven't coded it yet, but might do sooner than later given its climb, tomorrow would be a bit too soon

Oh LOL, they have no solution yet, but collecting bribes. Pandemonium, I have no other words.
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
I've just asked mintpal about the implementation of Monero. We've finally had a reply!!!!

[12:37:55] Hi MintPal-Jay : if Monero is first on voting list on monday are you gonna be able to add it? because its not a bitcoin clone, its total new technology so maybe its gonna be hard, are u aware of it and of the work that needs to be done to implement it? I ask because at the moment investors are betting a lot of bitcoins to make it first on monday! It would be a shame if things doesnt work out

[13:19:46] <@MintPal-Jay> darlidada: We haven't coded it yet, but might do sooner than later given its climb, tomorrow would be a bit too soon

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
@beavis4ever
So is it a bug then?
http://s4.postimg.org/gowbnpou5/xmrextremehash.png

@equipoise
Yes, that would be the best way, but me and linux, we are not a very good friends,
once I've been trying to set-up a pool, but It's a big headache and too many sleepless night
without any result. Yes, this is my commitment for this year, to learn, how to built and manage a pool.

I believe so.  Same thing happened yesterday, and I got paid.  It may be the daemon is stuck.  The the last two blocks were found at about the same time of the day, just 24 hours apart.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Yesterday we started a pool with Wolf0 on http://pool.cryptoescrow.eu
We found 3 Monero blocks in the first 12 hours or so with 50KH/s or less. We're that lucky!
Our pool has 3x faster share validation though.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Monero Status Android Widget

A friend of mine made a simple experimental android widget.

Google Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.monerostatus

Some bugs have been fixed.

Updates:
  • You can now choose your main currency: USD,EUR,CNY,GBP,CAD,RUB
  • Monero price in BTC and your main currency
  • Bitcoin price in your main currency
  • Volume in your main currency
  • Automatic refresh every 30mins and also refreshing by tapping refresh button.
  • Total Monero Hashrate

By clicking at Monero logo you can see more stats:

• Market Capitalization
  • 24h change
  • Total Coins
  • Block height

Finally you may create more than one widget, each with different main currency.

If anyone feels like donating: 47g3CVqBdmPZgPEA8m2hjT4aosiNhmELD3jdQVbtbooVGuCjHfY7aBUQo5p2Qirk7629LiFZWH7ZWMZ nSAZ5n7paP7ePThK
Many thanks to the two guys that already donated! Cheesy

And please make feature requests or tell us about bugs!

Data sources are: poloniex.com, coinmarketcap.com and monerochain.info
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
@beavis4ever
So is it a bug then?

@equipoise
Yes, that would be the best way, but me and linux, we are not a very good friends,
once I've been trying to set-up a pool, but It's a big headache and too many sleepless night
without any result. Yes, this is my commitment for this year, to learn, how to built and manage a pool.
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
@mirny: You could set your own pool on one of your PCs. Then, on the mining port you could disallow any other IPs except the IP's of your mining machines. Then you could disable the pool shares verification (you won't cheat on your own pool) in order to save the hash power for the pool machine CPU's (so you could mine on the pool machine CPU too). I think this won't be too hard to set. I'm not an expert on such type of configurations, but if I had your hashing power (I'm mining with about 130 H/s) I would give it a try. It seems the current version of the daemon could need some restarts on the pool machine (sometimes it freezes), but this could be done manually or made automatically on some adequate intervals (maybe a few times per day just to be sure?).
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
@beavis4ever
extremehash.com too many orphans, need 120 confirms instead of normal 60
[/quote

Those orphans are not recent.  They are from before, when all pools produces many orphans.  Also, I believe you are also incorrect on the number of confirms.
legendary
all right then, i get it, it was just recommendation for small miners,
don't worry I'm supporter of hash spreading
legendary

@sammy007
I think that logic is normal, you would like to waste your hashrate just like that?
I think no. So maybe I'll try that new pool from Wolf. It's looking like the best choice atm.

This advice was addressed to small miners with 100-200 H/s. If everyone with huge hashrate will mine on huge pools we will end up with 1-2 pools cracking all the blocks and small pools will disappear, and we will never see new pools coming, because it's almost impossible to successfully launch a pool when everyone will think this way.

BTW, welcome to http://xmr.hashinvest.ws -- always latest updates.

legendary
Price is increasing. I regret I didn't buy more at 0.0025 I always make same mistakes. Sad

it's like that, if you don't own a crystal ball Smiley
legendary
@beavis4ever
extremehash.com too many orphans, need 120 confirms instead of normal 60

@equipoise
I'd like to solomine, but there is no solomnier for GPU's

@sammy007
I think that logic is normal, you would like to waste your hashrate just like that?
I think no. So maybe I'll try that new pool from Wolf. It's looking like the best choice atm.
Jump to: