Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1898. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
It will be interesting to see how MRO does relative to fiat during a BTC moonshot.  I expect this to be a pretty tame bubble, if it is one, but LTC has largely lost cred, and MRO might take its place as moon to sun, with value lagging BTC during the early phase, getting whipped up rapidly, and overshooting the gains in BTC relative to fiat, before relaxing again.

Please step away from the keyboard when you do mescaline.

You're welcome.
legendary
Activity: 1022
It will be interesting to see how MRO does relative to fiat during a BTC moonshot.  I expect this to be a pretty tame bubble, if it is one, but LTC has largely lost cred, and MRO might take its place as moon to sun, with value lagging BTC during the early phase, getting whipped up rapidly, and overshooting the gains in BTC relative to fiat, before relaxing again.

Sounds like you had a rough night
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
Address 454HDLDtqCLS24EsDAYorf9QAVkNqQPdJTaEBrdi9pVELUH6ZSU37VqV8UAoTYV7kX34w1NvpPrrM7F RA9BwWS8nFCGtWEK: please stop trying to mine on MoneroPool.org with simpleminer! Use cpuminer-multi instead.

cant you just disconnect him?
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Address 454HDLDtqCLS24EsDAYorf9QAVkNqQPdJTaEBrdi9pVELUH6ZSU37VqV8UAoTYV7kX34w1NvpPrrM7F RA9BwWS8nFCGtWEK: please stop trying to mine on MoneroPool.org with simpleminer! Use cpuminer-multi instead.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Flying,No.1 on Poloniex.com
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
I am trying to compile wolf's miner On my linux box (64 bit CentOS 6.5) with no luck so far.

Any hints about how to compile this miner on CentOS?

I am also trying to compile Luca's one on CentOS but with no luck. When i try to run minerd it just stops saying illegal instruction. If you find a solution please tell me...

In case jap1968 havent solved the problem, or for anyone else, all i had to do was to upgrade my gcc. Thanks Wolf that told me Smiley

http://ask.xmodulo.com/upgrade-gcc-centos.html

So if they are taking 2% it's only $400-500/day...
Is the cost of running a large pool zero?
Looks like they make their monthly cost in 12 hours from fees (estimation).
legendary
Activity: 1588
When I look at the "Pool Blocks" tab on MoneroPool.org, I see that almost 40% of the blocks show as "orphaned".

What's with that?

Is this a result of the 60 second block time? Is it the result of some other flaw/factor in the CryptoNight algorithm? As far as I know, most other coins have much smaller orphan rates.

I assume if other pools were any different, someone would have reported it here.

This seems to me like a HUGE waste of everyone's hashes. Not so?
Smaller pools get more orphans than bigger pools, that's why moneropool.org and the other small pools have so many orphans. Moneropool.com has almost 60% of the network hashrate so its orphan rate is more like 15%. The 1 minute block time is the reason for all the orphans.

So if they are taking 2% it's only $400-500/day...
Is the cost of running a large pool zero?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
An article about CoinJoin and why its not effective enough for anonymity:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/227369807/Bitcoin-Coinjoin-Not-Anonymous-v01
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
When I look at the "Pool Blocks" tab on MoneroPool.org, I see that almost 40% of the blocks show as "orphaned".

What's with that?

Is this a result of the 60 second block time? Is it the result of some other flaw/factor in the CryptoNight algorithm? As far as I know, most other coins have much smaller orphan rates.

I assume if other pools were any different, someone would have reported it here.

No not really. The difficulty would be higher without the orphans.
legendary
How long does it take the wallet to sync? It is just saying initializing. I am using the Cryptonote wallet

Few hours probably, if you type set_log 1 into the console you'll get some block spam if it's working

If you can download a block chain snapshot. That is much faster.
legendary
Moneropool.com is having that "problem" again.

PLEASE SPREAD YOUR HASH!!! THIS POOL HAS OVER 51%

What's with that?

Even qcn has huge number of orphans, so its not the block time.

Two minutes may still be too low for these coins, given the higher verification cost. Subjectively speaking the orphan rate on DUCK (4 minute target) seems quite low, but the coin is new so hard to say.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Moneropool.com is having that "problem" again.

PLEASE SPREAD YOUR HASH!!! THIS POOL HAS OVER 51%

What's with that?

Even qcn has huge number of orphans, so its not the block time.
http://mro.extremepool.org
Activity: 309
confused developer
How long does it take the wallet to sync? It is just saying initializing. I am using the Cryptonote wallet

Few hours probably, if you type set_log 1 into the console you'll get some block spam if it's working
Activity: 56
Hiya guys,

I am pretty confused on trying to get this setup and running. Is there an easy compiled Windows wallet?

Its on the OP.  Command line wallet only for the time being.

OK, thanks
Activity: 280
Who cares?
Hiya guys,

I am pretty confused on trying to get this setup and running. Is there an easy compiled Windows wallet?

Its on the OP.  Command line wallet only for the time being.
Hiya guys,

What's with that?

Smaller pools get more orphans than bigger pools, that's why moneropool.org and the other small pools have so many orphans. Moneropool.com has almost 60% of the network hashrate so its orphan rate is more like 15%. The 1 minute block time is the reason for all the orphans.
Jump to: