Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1905. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
it seems Poloniex withdrawal for MRO doesn't work. Status of my withdrawal now is ERROR.

Common problem. Open a ticket with them, they will cancel it you can try again. It may be due to the transaction being too big, in which case doing several smaller withdrawals will help.

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
So, the responses on the experimental one are varied... not sure if I should push it.

I got somewhat poorer performance with the experimental version than the 5-29-14 version.

I have an i7-3770 and with 5-29-14 I get ~170 H/s with 4 threads and I couldn't get more than 130-140 H/s with the experimental version, trying 4-5 threads.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
I suppose you're in it only to help mankind and for absolutely no other reason.

Is it going to be an entire 3-4 months to a GUI wallet / easy-exchange-usability?

I am not in it for a quick buck. I have mined since day one and continue to. Have yet to sell a single coin. I was opposed to a fork of Bytecoin in the beginning and many long lengthy arguments with smooth over the matter and I have now adopted the idea that this coin has purpose and can make something better. So I suppose you could say I will make some money, but my sole purpose is not to get rich or to dump coins when the market is hazy or to even sell when the market is at its peak.

There is really no need for a GUI wallet, it is a luxury that people require not what people need. At this point its relative for mass adoption sure, but it should not be the main focus of the coin. Stability over adoption should be its prime focus, which from what I see is the case.

None of these coins have control over exchanges.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Whats going on with the prices? why such major dump? coin dead already? I had tons of hope and hype for this coin... Still mining.

lol
coin is just beginning, don't dismiss such ingenuous approach because of a temporary volatility.

A lot of people are in it for the money and could care less about what it offers a community.

I suppose you're in it only to help mankind and for absolutely no other reason.

Is it going to be an entire 3-4 months to a GUI wallet / easy-exchange-usability?
Activity: 723
Merit: 503
Is there any way to transfers pool advertisements somewhere else? They are not discreet at all. Most of the time its big pictures. Its really annoying. Or at least, please dont quote them. We should all have no quote of ads/troll policicy.
Whats going on with the prices? why such major dump? coin dead already? I had tons of hope and hype for this coin... Still mining.

lol
coin is just beginning, don't dismiss such ingenuous approach because of a temporary volatility.

A lot of people are in it for the money and could care less about what it offers a community.
anyone can help me
i was try 3 pool for mining MRO, but no one MRO i got from come to my account Huh
any idea for that

First, need to know a few things.

Have you checked to insure your address is correct?
Is your address to a exchange?
What is your current Hash?
Is your bitmonerod synced?
Have you mined long enough to get shares of a block?
Activity: 252
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
anyone can help me
i was try 3 pool for mining MRO, but no one MRO i got from come to my account Huh
any idea for that

CONGRATULATIONS! DEDICATEDPOOL.COM HOSTING THIS COIN!

Mining Information

• SSO (single sign-on) - one account for all our pools on Dedicated v2.0
  • Custom stratum/mpos environment
  • Vardiff enabled
  • PPNLS payout system
  • Everything is transparent - blocks, donations, fees.

Server Infrastructure

• SIX(6) SERVERS IN CLUSTER
  • DDoS level 7 cloudflare, 5 and 3 stratum, and level at 1 switch level
  • 8 Core servers, 256GB DDR3 RAM, RAID 10 SSD
  • Ramdisks, memcaches, to make things go extremely quick

http://dedicatedpool.com
[email protected] / IRC on freenode ##dedicatedpool

We are working hard for you guys!
Donations appreciated BTC: 1Pg6A6MghPZgZmNW8tQwQBXUaftdQsRVMb

So this goes to the darkcoin pool, troll or mistake?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
I thought Monero was a combination of the word "money" and "dinero" (Spanish for money).

But it turns out Monero is the Esperanto word for "coin".

Why not, Esperanto is mix of many languages, well basicly all languages are mix of other languages. Just Esperanto is recent ones. Tolstoy learned Esperanto in 6 hours.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
it seems Poloniex withdrawal for MRO doesn't work. Status of my withdrawal now is ERROR.
Activity: 195
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I thought Monero was a combination of the word "money" and "dinero" (Spanish for money).

But it turns out Monero is the Esperanto word for "coin".

I guess either is a possible origin of the name. But Esperanto used be a big passion of mine (it's a constructed language intended for international use) so I think it's cool if the name really comes from Esperanto. Although my Esperanto is rusty now.

http://eo.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monero
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
I looked at mining algorithm and I see that pow is calculated over WHOLE block (sha3). Not block header like in bitcoin, but whole block with transactions. Is that true or am I mistaken?

If that's true this means that ignoring transactions gives a small speed boost in mining. That's not very good for the future...

I skimmed the code, and you may be right.

src/cryptonote_core/miner.cpp:

b.nonce = nonce;
      crypto::hash h;
      get_block_longhash(b, h, height);

if(check_hash(h, local_diff))
      {
        //we lucky!

Could a developer comment on that? Will larger blocks hash slower? If so, what incentives do miners have to include more than the coinbase transaction in their blocks (transaction fees seem negligible at the moment imo)?

The performance difference is so small as to be negligible.  The fast hash over the block can be performed millions of times per second on a consumer CPU;  the slow hash hundreds.  It's not worth even bothering to play with.

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
The equilibrium is set by spot instance pricing.

I just wanted to address this too: mining costs are a factor underlying price, but ultimately price dynamics are determined by buying & selling, which are in turn determined by humans & emotions. Mining can be unprofitable for weeks/months without nethash suffering (DRK demonstrated this). Or mining profitability can be huge for long periods of time, sustained by strong buy pressure. Or the price can crash and burn, causing miners to leave to the point where nobody bothers anymore. Equilibriums might work on paper, but in practice it's never that neat.

Bottom line is: you can't trust that the price will equilibrate to butt mining costs after a period of hype & speculative adoption. It really could go in any direction depending on competition, media attention, tech problems, all kinds of things really. And the market can be fickle. So it's better to cover your bases where you can.

DRK had pretty good marketing and media attention. Monero hasnt even started yet...

Media attention yes, marketing (no offence LimLims, heh) not so much. DRK was more focusing on doing the job and when it was going to get closer to launch, marketing would be better timed... otherwise there would be problems like "oh this doesn't work, it's broken, drk is flawed" => negative user experience. We often commented on the thread -after some failures- that "phewww... glad this weren't promoted beforehand, it would create a negative impression due to problematic behavior of a half-baked product".

Price acceleration overtook development though and now when DRK does a planned hard fork, it's all over the BBC world service, lol. Unbelievable. But there's not much you can do about it really in terms of "attracting" this attention, unless you have such a meteoric rise in coinmarketcap. The name darkcoin - bitcoin also helps for selling the news stories of the evil twin of bitcoin. Can monero pull off such media attention without the name + price spike? Lets say it's difficult.
MRO doesn't even have a wallet... we need that first.

It has a wallet that works pretty damn good actually.
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
The equilibrium is set by spot instance pricing.

I just wanted to address this too: mining costs are a factor underlying price, but ultimately price dynamics are determined by buying & selling, which are in turn determined by humans & emotions. Mining can be unprofitable for weeks/months without nethash suffering (DRK demonstrated this). Or mining profitability can be huge for long periods of time, sustained by strong buy pressure. Or the price can crash and burn, causing miners to leave to the point where nobody bothers anymore. Equilibriums might work on paper, but in practice it's never that neat.

Bottom line is: you can't trust that the price will equilibrate to butt mining costs after a period of hype & speculative adoption. It really could go in any direction depending on competition, media attention, tech problems, all kinds of things really. And the market can be fickle. So it's better to cover your bases where you can.

DRK had pretty good marketing and media attention. Monero hasnt even started yet...

MRO doesn't even have a wallet... we need that first.
Activity: 11
Hi, could someone help me out?
I've withdrawn Monero from the Cryptonote-exchange site and deposited to my Cryptnote (GUI) wallet but it's still not showing up? It's been around 10 hours now. The status is ready. I used the address under the 'Wallet' tab, copied it to the clipboard and used that address for the money to be deposited into. Is there something else I need to synch for it to show up?

Cryptonote-exchange does manual withdrawals, so it probably hasn't processed yet

Thanks for the response. I hope that's the answer. I've checked my account several times and I don't see any indication that mentions the withdrawal is still pending. I guess I'll just keep waiting.
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
I've withdrawn Monero from the Cryptonote-exchange site and deposited to my Cryptnote (GUI) wallet but it's still not showing up? It's been around 10 hours now. The status is ready. I used the address under the 'Wallet' tab, copied it to the clipboard and used that address for the money to be deposited into. Is there something else I need to synch for it to show up?

Cryptonote-exchange does manual withdrawals, so it probably hasn't processed yet
Activity: 11
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
There's a bug inherited by all CryptoNote coins where a transaction gets stuck in the tx_pool because of disagreements between the wallet and daemon. When this happens, your tx fails and doesn't show up on the blockchain, but you start seeing spent key image errors when trying to spend again. This will be fixed in the next release, but for now if you want to send large amounts, do it in batches less than 100 MRO.

The bug was actually not really a bug at all (except in BBR, because they were on the old BCN codebase). At least afaik.

Transaction fees were change to 5 * 10^9 AMU several days ago in the main branch and in the windows client. However, a bunch of users failed to upgrade and sending tx through without proper fees, and their tx were getting stuck in limbo.

All clients need to update their software to the latest fees schedule as previously indicated.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6993826

Hmm... that may also present an attack vector, in the sense of someone running intentionally a lot of problematic clients in the network to prevent the network from transacting. Some check has to be performed so that when there is an older client => rejected or something. It's not acceptable to expect 100% compatibility from all so that the network can play.
Jump to: