Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1908. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100
I looked at mining algorithm and I see that pow is calculated over WHOLE block (sha3). Not block header like in bitcoin, but whole block with transactions. Is that true or am I mistaken?

If that's true this means that ignoring transactions gives a small speed boost in mining. That's not very good for the future...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Hi all, I have some basic noob questions.

I have installed and synced the Windows 64-bit binaries. I have simplewallet.exe running.

my intention is to mine, and maybe buy a few MRO,

Mining First
1) address command> returns a long alpha numeric string starting with "4" is this a public address, in Bitcoin language?

2) is this the address I mine to?

3) is there only 1 address per wallet? can I add addresses, or do i create new wallets?

4) for code storage, is there such a thing as a private key, or how do I create cold storage?

5) what is a View Key?

your help welcome,
thanks.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
how u calculate your coin by day pls with hasrate difficulty ?

cheers
coins per day = blocks per day * block reward = (hashes per day / difficulty) * block reward =

(hashes per second * 86400 * block reward) / difficulty

or with current parameters

estimated MRO per day = hashes per second * 0.00779949346
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Hi again,

does someone tried this "merged mining" of BCN, MRO and QCN with this Fantomcoin (FCN) ?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fcn-fantomcoin-cn-based-anonymous-merge-mine-with-bcn-xmr-qcn-duck-598823

Thx, BitWalker

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
Hi, is there a problem with mining on monero.crypto-pool.fr ?
I startet with mining there some hours ago, now with 500 - 700 H/s (reportet under "Your Stats" with my wallet address), but I'm getting nothing, nada, zero...
Any idea?

BitWalker

i mine there from my mining start 3 days ago and i see we get paid at some time of day, not every hour. I guess that is how it is, like someone has to print stamp on transaction.

Activity: 126
how u calculate your coin by day pls with hasrate difficulty ?

cheers
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Hi, is there a problem with mining on monero.crypto-pool.fr ?
I startet with mining there some hours ago, now with 500 - 700 H/s (reportet under "Your Stats" with my wallet address), but I'm getting nothing, nada, zero...
Any idea?

BitWalker

Merit: 500
There's a bug inherited by all CryptoNote coins where a transaction gets stuck in the tx_pool because of disagreements between the wallet and daemon. When this happens, your tx fails and doesn't show up on the blockchain, but you start seeing spent key image errors when trying to spend again. This will be fixed in the next release, but for now if you want to send large amounts, do it in batches less than 100 MRO.

Do you think lost coins can be found in the future?

They're not lost. A transaction can only spend a limited amount of time stuck in tx_pool. You should be able to send successfully after some time with a fixed wallet.

Your comment just made me think Smiley Since the transaction was nowhere to be found except my logs and i didnt have the coins on my wallet all i had to do was to replace with a backup of my wallet before the transaction. And that solved the problem!

Thanks!

P.S. i had also deleted and redownloaded the blockchain...

It makes sense that an old wallet.bin wouldn't think the keys were already spent. But I think in Noodle's testing, he found that a sync directly from the .keys file didn't fix the problem. That maybe indicates a deeper problem, but we're really not sure. tacotime will look into it later today.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
There's a bug inherited by all CryptoNote coins where a transaction gets stuck in the tx_pool because of disagreements between the wallet and daemon. When this happens, your tx fails and doesn't show up on the blockchain, but you start seeing spent key image errors when trying to spend again. This will be fixed in the next release, but for now if you want to send large amounts, do it in batches less than 100 MRO.

They're not lost. A transaction can only spend a limited amount of time stuck in tx_pool. You should be able to send successfully after some time with a fixed wallet.

Your comment just made me think Smiley Since the transaction was nowhere to be found except my logs and i didnt have the coins on my wallet all i had to do was to replace with a backup of my wallet before the transaction. And that solved the problem!

Thanks!

P.S. i had also deleted and redownloaded the blockchain...
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
I have a stupid question, sorry Smiley

If a transaction was made and the software registered the transaction hash, does it mean it can be included in some block in the future when it finds enough other recipients, it doesn't have to be the next block, it can be many blocks into the future?

EDIT: or is it the same bug that GreekBitcoin posted below my post?
Activity: 144
Xeon x5690 =
Xeon x5687 =
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
+30 Hash on fx-8320
 -9 h/s i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30 GHz
Activity: 126
For those of you on Win 64, I think I managed to get your hashrate closer to that of the *nix implementation. Haven't tested it, I don't use Windows.

https://ottrbutt.com/cpuminer-multi/cpuminer-multi-wolf-experimental.zip

+6 H/s on i5

For those of you on Win 64, I think I managed to get your hashrate closer to that of the *nix implementation. Haven't tested it, I don't use Windows.

https://ottrbutt.com/cpuminer-multi/cpuminer-multi-wolf-experimental.zip

Less (=) H/s, try somebody else.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

Jump to: