Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1904. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
So I am IN, my first ALT, i bought some MRO and DRK today, i threw 1btc into each, so another thread to watch, good luck to all  Smiley
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
This coin was hot on first days on Polo just because those day traders was thinking that MRO would be added to Mintpal soon so they could make some quick profits. It's turned out that Mintpal either has no interest on MRO or has problem with implementing a totally new protocol. As results, day traders quickly lost their patience, volume and price decrease slowly. PoW coins could take months to start kicking in. I'm still a big believer in CryptoNote and gonna buy some more if the price continue dropping lower.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
If you are referring to the price drop, bitcoin is on a bit of a surge at the moment, most alts are dropping against it.

Cheers

Dave
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
i am not in the irc chat - is there something fundamentally broken or other fud? or is this just market madness?
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Im extremely happy about the i2p support. i2p > TOR, MRO > DRK.

To the Moonero.
Activity: 400
Merit: 263
I'm holding a substantial and expensive bag here....I trust you will keep pushing forward and keep the community updated.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Wohoo! Got my minerd going under ubuntu 14.04.  And my old server is now hashing at an incredible 18H/s  Cheesy

However the current version of cpu-miner I downloaded from github https://github.com/Lucasjones/cpuminer-multi has some build issues under ubuntu 14.04

./autogen.sh
configure.ac:13: installing './compile'
configure.ac:4: installing './config.guess'
configure.ac:4: installing './config.sub'
configure.ac:6: installing './install-sh'
configure.ac:6: installing './missing'
Makefile.am:12: warning: 'INCLUDES' is the old name for 'AM_CPPFLAGS' (or '*_CPPFLAGS')
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_keccak.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
automake: warning: possible forward-incompatibility.
automake: At least a source file is in a subdirectory, but the 'subdir-objects'
automake: automake option hasn't been enabled.  For now, the corresponding output
automake: object file(s) will be placed in the top-level directory.  However,
automake: this behaviour will change in future Automake versions: they will
automake: unconditionally cause object files to be placed in the same subdirectory
automake: of the corresponding sources.
automake: You are advised to start using 'subdir-objects' option throughout your
automake: project, to avoid future incompatibilities.
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_hefty1.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_groestl.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_skein.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_bmw.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_jh.c' is in a subdirectory,                                                                                           
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_shavite.c' is in a subdirectory,                                                                                       
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_blake.c' is in a subdirectory,                                                                                         
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_luffa.c' is in a subdirectory,                                                                                         
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_cubehash.c' is in a subdirectory,                                                                                     
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_simd.c' is in a subdirectory,                                                                                         
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'sha3/sph_echo.c' is in a subdirectory,                                                                                         
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'crypto/oaes_lib.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'crypto/c_keccak.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'crypto/c_groestl.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'crypto/c_blake256.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'crypto/c_jh.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'crypto/c_skein.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'crypto/hash.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:18: warning: source file 'crypto/aesb.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:54: warning: source file 'crypto/aesb-x86-impl.c' is in a subdirectory,
Makefile.am:54: but option 'subdir-objects' is disabled
Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'

To bypass this issue I changed "INCLUDE" to "AM_CPPFLAGS" in line 12 of Makefile.am, and changed line 6 in configure.ac (AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE) to
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([foreign] subdir-objects)

then...
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make

and all was well.

ah...
someone has already raised a ticket for this...

https://github.com/LucasJones/cpuminer-multi/issues/7

Cheers

Dave
Activity: 252
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
anyone can help me
i was try 3 pool for mining MRO, but no one MRO i got from come to my account Huh
any idea for that

First, need to know a few things.

Have you checked to insure your address is correct?
Is your address to a exchange?
What is your current Hash?
Is your bitmonerod synced?
Have you mined long enough to get shares of a block?

1. yes i've check my address and its correct
2. no i use simplewalet
3. i use cpu-cloud and my has around 120-150 H/s
4. yes my bimonerod have sync
5. i have minned 12h and got 0.5 MRO in total paid
Activity: 126
Merit: 101
Updated binaries (all changes from BCN and other CN-coins included) are available at http://bitmonero.org.

Win 32
Win 64
Unix
Mac
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I agree 100% and I hope to be in a position to help in someway in the coming weeks.
You already are : ) You have a solid presence on the forum and this helps, really.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Yes - but remember: 1 address = 1 wallet. They'd have to manually balance funds between wallets for withdrawals etc. It could be done, but it would be massively inefficient and a PITA to code up. Payment IDs are the easiest / best way.

It is pretty common in bitcoin world to sweep payment wallets into master wallets (some in cold storage) anyway, so this is not necessarily a show stopper.

I'd like to see the payment IDs removed from the block chain eventually and replaced with something else. That could be a payment protocol (i.e. off blockchain) or some other approach. I don't know that address-per-customer or address-per-transaction is necessarily the way to go with MRO but it isn't on its face unworkable.

In any case it works for now. Once we have GUI wallets the UI issues should be reduced.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Exchange usability is outside of our control. Payments will always require an address and a payment ID...you can't have real anonymity and still have traceability:)

A GUI wallet is something we're working on, and within the next 3-4 months I am certain it will be completed. However, that is a tool more geared towards mainstream adoption. In the meantime, there are extremely important internal aspects of the code (such as the incomplete RPC API) that have to be worked on as a matter of urgency.

Understood - thank you for the complete answer. I respect the solid professionalism and focus of the MRO team. It's a stark contrast to what's going on with other coins.

Thanks - we're working as hard as we can, and we hope to continue to deliver awesomeness:)
donator
Payments will always require an address and a payment ID...you can't have real anonymity and still have traceability:)

*I think this is incorrect*

The exchange can make a new address for every user like it does with Bitcoin, then the user can send the MRO without the need for payment ID.

However I do see that the payment ID might be a more efficient way of doing things.

Yes - but remember: 1 address = 1 wallet. They'd have to manually balance funds between wallets for withdrawals etc. It could be done, but it would be massively inefficient and a PITA to code up. Payment IDs are the easiest / best way.

That's not to say the current system cannot be improved upon. I can foresee us integrating something akin to the Bitcoin Payments Protocol (BIP 0070), but doing it sooner rather than later so that from the very first real merchant integration payments are easier.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Whats going on with the prices? why such major dump? coin dead already? I had tons of hope and hype for this coin... Still mining.

lol
coin is just beginning, don't dismiss such ingenuous approach because of a temporary volatility.

A lot of people are in it for the money and could care less about what it offers a community.

I suppose you're in it only to help mankind and for absolutely no other reason.

Is it going to be an entire 3-4 months to a GUI wallet / easy-exchange-usability?

Exchange usability is outside of our control. Payments will always require an address and a payment ID...you can't have real anonymity and still have traceability:)

A GUI wallet is something we're working on, and within the next 3-4 months I am certain it will be completed. However, that is a tool more geared towards mainstream adoption. In the meantime, there are extremely important internal aspects of the code (such as the incomplete RPC API) that have to be worked on as a matter of urgency.

Understood - thank you for the complete answer. I respect the solid professionalism and focus of the MRO team. It's a stark contrast to what's going on with other coins.

I agree 100% and I hope to be in a position to help in someway in the coming weeks.

I think Monero will take a while to gain any ground, I doubt we'll have a XC pump where the coin goes up several thousand times in a matter of weeks.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Payments will always require an address and a payment ID...you can't have real anonymity and still have traceability:)

*I think this is incorrect*

The exchange can make a new address for every user like it does with Bitcoin, then the user can send the MRO without the need for payment ID.

However I do see that the payment ID might be a more efficient way of doing things.
Activity: 224
Whats going on with the prices? why such major dump? coin dead already? I had tons of hope and hype for this coin... Still mining.

lol
coin is just beginning, don't dismiss such ingenuous approach because of a temporary volatility.

A lot of people are in it for the money and could care less about what it offers a community.

Is it going to be an entire 3-4 months to a GUI wallet / easy-exchange-usability?

donator
Did you know about the impending dump before our off exchange transaction? Wink

Smiley noted, but I feel I should respond. I have zero knowledge of what drives trading beyond my own activities and those have been very light since the OTC wrapped up. I think other than yours I've only done one other trade on this coin in the past week or so, possibly two.

I'm not involved with any of the web exchanges either, other than trading on them. My response about polo withdrawal issues was from my own experience.

Regarding the dump, I've always said that the coin value needs to find some equilibrium. That may be lower, even quite a bit lower. Right now the reality is this coin isn't useful for anything other than speculating on how it might be useful in the future. That doesn't necessarily anchor a lot of value.

I'd also like to add that market forces are not predictable and are entirely outside of our control. Often on IRC people ask "why did the price jump" or "why did the price fall" when looking at it over a period of like 5 hours. Once you take a step back, however, you see that just before the Poloniex listing it was hovering around 0.0009 - 0.001, so if it settles between 0.002 and 0.003 that's more than double in the space of 2 weeks. Even so, obsessing over the price and market shifts has never done anyone any good;)
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Smiley noted, but I feel I should respond. I have zero knowledge of what drives trading beyond my own activities and those have been very light since the OTC wrapped up. I think other than yours I've only done one other trade on this coin in the past week or so, possibly two.

I'm not involved with any of the web exchanges either, other than trading on them. My response about polo withdrawal issues was from my own experience.

Regarding the dump, I've always said that the coin value needs to find some equilibrium. That may be lower, even quite a bit lower. Right now the reality is this coin isn't useful for anything other than speculating on how it might be useful in the future. That doesn't necessarily anchor a lot of value.

donator

lol

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
it seems Poloniex withdrawal for MRO doesn't work. Status of my withdrawal now is ERROR.

Common problem. Open a ticket with them, they will cancel it you can try again. It may be due to the transaction being too big, in which case doing several smaller withdrawals will help.

I am still planning only leaving feedback, just been busy.
Jump to: