Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1930. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

Can someone explain to me how the block reward works? It seems to be reward = (264 - 1 - A) * 2-20 * 10-12, but how is A measured?

A is current coins in circulation.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
For those who like commands that just have to be pasted on a shell:

Installing monero and cpuminer on Debian-based distros (not completely automated, you'll have to confirm several times;backup your wallet first, because it will be deleted):
Code:
cd ~ && rm -f install_monero.sh && wget https://ottrbutt.com/monero/install_monero.sh && bash install_monero.sh

Create the wallet
Code:
cd ~/bitmonero/build/release/src && ./simplewallet --generate-new-wallet=monero_wallet.bin pass=xxxx

Get you address (copy with the mouse,  (-u 46ctfLB...))
Code:
nano ~/bitmonero/build/release/src/monero_wallet.bin.address.txt

Get your threads (-t 8 on the next code)
Code:
nproc

Poolmining with cpuminer (change pool, address and number of threads):
Code:
cd ~/cpuminer/cpuminer-multi && ./minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://monero.farm:1337 -u 46ctfLBhgyzJm61oTtDfu9GbVhG7ito4fNiQjdZcB5bL3mz5ejQrPD29uEkDHFzCVTHGFqAdG456w6ivYp7K23SiGREUiQe -p x -t 8

Solomining with bitmonerod (change address and number of threads):
Code:
cd ~/bitmonero/build/release/src && ./bitmonerod --start-mining 46ctfLBhgyzJm61oTtDfu9GbVhG7ito4fNiQjdZcB5bL3mz5ejQrPD29uEkDHFzCVTHGFqAdG456w6ivYp7K23SiGREUiQe --mining-threads 8

Launching the daemon (incompatible with the soloming command above)
Code:
cd ~/bitmonero/build/release/src && ./bitmonerod

Launching the wallet with command history (requires installing rlwrap first); requires the daemon to be launched first (see the two commands above)
Code:
cd ~/bitmonero/build/release/src && rlwrap ./simplewallet --wallet-file=monero_wallet.bin

Hope this helps Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 502

• Block reward: Smoothly varying [3]

[2] Actual number of atomic units is M = 264 - 1. A minimum subsidy may be implemented in the future with <1% inflation to preserve mining incentives.
[3] Uses a recurrence relation. Block reward = (M - A) * 2-20 * 10-12, where A = current circulation. Roughly 86% mined in 4 years (see graph).

Can someone explain to me how the block reward works? It seems to be reward = (264 - 1 - A) * 2-20 * 10-12, but how is A measured?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
MRO is forgotten by the people
FCN is already trade in Bittrex and get nice volume for 3 hours

LOL nice trolling  Grin
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
You forget to look at Poloniex volume.
Merit: 500
Merit: 502
Can anyone make sense of that:
--removed--
nevermind. thought I found a rounding error, but it was only a early-in-the-morning-brain error  Grin
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I hope this isn't the wrong thread for this, but...
I put up a new pool if anyone is interested: kippo.euSmiley

Fee: 1.5%

I've been following (and acquiring) Bitcoin since 2011, just never got to making an account before now. Decided to try my hand at some pool administration for a change.  Grin
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Hi Guys! I was wondering how to import a *.keys file into my wallet client. Been trying but no luck. If someone knows it would be a great help.

Call the wallet from terminal with the argument "--wallet X.bin" if your keys file was named "X.bin.keys" (and the wallet sync data would be named "X.bin").

Linux/OSX:
./simplewallet --wallet X.bin

Windows:
simplewallet.exe --wallet X.bin
Activity: 55
Hi Guys! I was wondering how to import a *.keys file into my wallet client. Been trying but no luck. If someone knows it would be a great help.
Activity: 280
Who cares?
Have any lists been created to show CPU / Hashrate / Energy use? for the cryptonight algo

If so, could someone point me in the right direction please.

Nothing recent.

This would be a good project for someone to take on. Would you like to do it?

I have created a public google docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MI-ic0Os25hgGUImW54sUIjZY_pUNQNa_W8Se5pRGBs
anyone can add their cpu/hashrate and other info
lets see how it goes.

I added a few entries.
Activity: 184
I down loaded cryptonote-easy-miner and I mining but how do I know how many coins I have mined.
Go to your pool's site and enter your address and it will tell you how much you've earned with them. Or, if you're solo mining, you won't get anything until you find a block (most likely will take a few days or longer).

In any case, open your wallet and it will refresh itself and show you your latest balance. If your wallet is already open, type "refresh" without quotes. And new amounts will be shown.
I ran CryptoNoteMiner and I see my address but when I go to the simplewallet folder and click on the exe Its asking me for a name didn't CryptoNoteMiner set this up all ready? I went to the pool and clicked stats and paste my address I press enter and nothing happens
Activity: 850
Merit: 1000
I down loaded cryptonote-easy-miner and I mining but how do I know how many coins I have mined.
Go to your pool's site and enter your address and it will tell you how much you've earned with them. Or, if you're solo mining, you won't get anything until you find a block (most likely will take a few days or longer).

In any case, open your wallet and it will refresh itself and show you your latest balance. If your wallet is already open, type "refresh" without quotes. And new amounts will be shown.
Activity: 184
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Have any lists been created to show CPU / Hashrate / Energy use? for the cryptonight algo

Nothing recent.

This would be a good project for someone to take on. Would you like to do it?
Activity: 28
Activity: 798

If you look at the volume chart here its pretty clear that the day before it hit poloniex around 80k coins have moved the owner: http://qcn.cryptostats.org/charts/volume
Before that the network was dead and nearly noone was even mining it - except some guy.

Theres no sell pressure yet on QCN because that dude doesnt seem to sell them yet.

I agree with your final point but not with the network being dead and nobody mining it before Polo. If your were around the IRC channel or even this thread before it went on Polo there were a fair few people mining it and trades were being done several weeks before hitting an exchange. There was also another exchange open before Polo.

dreamspark, are you talking about MRO (since you referred to this thread)? He's referring to QCN. MRO is much more evenly distributed.

Yes I was, it was my mistake I read it wrong, apologies didn't even look at othes name! All this talk of other coins in the thread Wink I know MRO is more evenly distributed hence my interjection.
Activity: 275

legendary
Activity: 1588
If you guys have missed it take a look

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rpietila-altcoin-observer-624223

I have followed rpietila for a long time and and fact Monero has his stamp of approval is BIG.

I read it and frankly still on fence, as QCN (being a clone) seems to worth more then MRO atm?

No you have to look at market cap as at least one factor, not just coin price. QCN mines 1/4 as many coins as MRO (for now, at some point the curves will cross). So it would have to be valued at 4x as much to be par. Think about it, if you have a coin where you only issue 0.1 coins per day, and assuming that coin had any kind of promise at all, the value per coin would be huge. The total market cap might not be any different though.

950,000 MRO vs 110,000 QCN

So QCN should trade at a premium = 30-50% today...
But it will be shaking out for a while.

Smooth is right that a LIQUID coin with Larger Cap = advantage in early days

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I'm pretty sure there was a 30k QCN trade on the OTC thread. There are around 6K coins per day emitted on that coin so do the math. Yes I would say it is pretty concentrated.

Jump to: