Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1929. (Read 4670562 times)

legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
MRO is forgotten by the people
FCN is already trade in Bittrex and get nice volume for 3 hours

yea, -100% in the last 12 hours. great performance Grin
Good luck with this coin-project!

Why is the MRO Main Thread down here in Alt Announce *** with all the shit coins ***...
While QCN, FCN, all got their main threads in the main Alt Crypto?HuhHuhHuh

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

Good luck with this coin-project!
Activity: 798
I believe I am mining fine. I am mining on extreemhash using stratum and the wallet address is updating the stats ect. My problem is I am confused as to how to check my wallet's actual balance and whether or not I OWN the coins.

In bitcoin I have a wallet program and I can see my balance and i have the private keys stored in wallet.dat I can backup that file and encrypt it ect.

What is the equivalent of wallet.dat for monero? I am under the assumption it is a file like 'wallet.keys'. If that's the case then how do I 'sweep' the keys into a wallet program or import those keys.

I have very little understanding of this with the current monero framework and again I apologize for my noobness. Perhaps I can write a small guide once this is settled.

Thank you btw for helping my through this and for your quick replies.

No worries.

Have you synced the block chain yet/ is your wallet open? If not follow this guide http://www.monero.cc/getting-started/index.html#monero-install-1

This shows you the batch file you need to run to open the wallet and sync the block chain.(Im guessing you've probably done this though as you have your address)

Then to check you balance, within the simple wallet window type refresh and the wallet will sync and show your coins.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
I believe I am mining fine. I am mining on extreemhash using stratum and the wallet address is updating the stats ect. My problem is I am confused as to how to check my wallet's actual balance and whether or not I OWN the coins.

In bitcoin I have a wallet program and I can see my balance and i have the private keys stored in wallet.dat I can backup that file and encrypt it ect.

What is the equivalent of wallet.dat for monero? I am under the assumption it is a file like 'wallet.keys'. If that's the case then how do I 'sweep' the keys into a wallet program or import those keys.

I have very little understanding of this with the current monero framework and again I apologize for my noobness. Perhaps I can write a small guide once this is settled.

Thank you btw for helping my through this and for your quick replies.
So you want to start it with the minerd command and your user should be the address in your wallet text file. Are you mining solo or to a pool though?
Hi again! Sorry I am a total noob to how Monero works in comparison to other coins I have mined before. I started by booting up 'simpleminer' it gave me a 'wallet address text file' and a 'walle't file and a 'wallet.keys' file. I am now using a new miner because it increased my hash rate drastically. But I am using the same wallet address. Now, I have never used the wallet program nor do I know exactly which version to try out. Is my wallet the 'wallet.keys' file? Or am I currently mining to no-where-land. I just want to make sure I am mining for a reason and that my monero isn't going to be lost in the ether. I had a reply in how to import my wallet but i do not have a 'bin' file. Thanks  to eveyrone  who helps out in here while monero is growing. Noobs like me need dummy proof gui lol.

Which miner are you using ?

I am using cpuminer-multi. it's a minerd base.
Hi again! Sorry I am a total noob to how Monero works in comparison to other coins I have mined before. I started by booting up 'simpleminer' it gave me a 'wallet address text file' and a 'walle't file and a 'wallet.keys' file. I am now using a new miner because it increased my hash rate drastically. But I am using the same wallet address. Now, I have never used the wallet program nor do I know exactly which version to try out. Is my wallet the 'wallet.keys' file? Or am I currently mining to no-where-land. I just want to make sure I am mining for a reason and that my monero isn't going to be lost in the ether. I had a reply in how to import my wallet but i do not have a 'bin' file. Thanks  to eveyrone  who helps out in here while monero is growing. Noobs like me need dummy proof gui lol.

Which miner are you using ?
Activity: 75
Anyone from moneropool.com???
I connected two miners using the stratum and cpu-multi miner, the latest with no "boo bug"... But I get very little "yays". Both are hashing, but when I look them up using the address I noticed hash-rate still goes up and down, like in pre-stratum days and from time to time it reports that last share was submitted few minutes ago and ofc hash-rate is 0 at that time...
You're currently the pool with the strongest hash-rate, the best block discovery rate but this is really way out of optimum... Any ideas what can I do or you can do about it?
Or any other recommendation for a pool from community? MinerGate still didn't fix the problem with my missing coins so would like to skip them even they are the second strognest pool.

Did you try http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/ ?

Yup, it works great but it's hash-rate is pretty low compared to the others... Dunno, prolly you get the same at the end of the day. One finds more blocks with less hash-rate and miners the other more blocks splits the reward among the many miners...
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
never mind, figured it out
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
I connected two miners using the stratum and cpu-multi miner, the latest with no "boo bug"... But I get very little "yays". Both are hashing, but when I look them up using the address I noticed hash-rate still goes up and down, like in pre-stratum days and from time to time it reports that last share was submitted few minutes ago and ofc hash-rate is 0 at that time...
You're currently the pool with the strongest hash-rate, the best block discovery rate but this is really way out of optimum... Any ideas what can I do or you can do about it?
Or any other recommendation for a pool from community? MinerGate still didn't fix the problem with my missing coins so would like to skip them even they are the second strognest pool.

any help how do I setup the wallet I ran  cryptonote-easy-miner and it gave me a address but when I run simplewallet it ask for name and passwords then gives me a different address then what  cryptonote-easy-miner  gave me . which is the one I want to use. I also tried the gui simplewallet and it crashes when I click on the log tabs

Did you try my tutorial ?

yes i did see it and I still couldn't get it to work. The gui simplewallet just crashes as long I don't click on any of the log tabs and it wont connect but how do I keep the address that  cryptonote-easy-miner gave me
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
QCN is the boss of CryptoNote now  Cry
MRO come on..Don't let me down
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131

any help how do I setup the wallet I ran  cryptonote-easy-miner and it gave me a address but when I run simplewallet it ask for name and passwords then gives me a different address then what  cryptonote-easy-miner  gave me . which is the one I want to use. I also tried the gui simplewallet and it crashes when I click on the log tabs

Did you try my tutorial ?

Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Nice dump Smiley And recovery Smiley MRO is on a good way to new ATH imo
Activity: 75

Activity: 215
Merit: 102

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I finaly devised (and successfully applied) a refinement to the 10/200 strategy:

Extended 10/200 strategy

I introduced you earlier to the 10/200 strategy by noted Bitcoin mogul Risto Pietila:

Everytime the price doubles, sell 10 % of your remaining stash.

And the corollary to the 10/200 strategy, which ensures you get free money from 73% of your stash:

ROI after three doublings.

Here, there is two schools: one that continue to sell after ROI is reached and one that just holds. Which school you will follow depends on how impatient, in need of money and confident on the future of your asset you are.

Now I would like to introduce you to what I called the extended 10/200 strategy. This is nothing new, traders use it everyday. Credits still go to aminorex.

After selling, place a buy order of the amount your sold at X% below your selling price and sell again at target price. Rinse and repeat.

For instance, your trading plan is to sell 10% of your Monero at 0.0064 BTC. You decide to buy back at 0.0051 BTC, because you are confident this is just a temporary fall in price and that it will reach 0.0064 again and probably more. Once it will reach 0.0064 again, you will sell again. In the process, you will have gain some moneroj. Free money. Once it doesn't work anymore (the price stops yoyoing around 0.0060 BTC), you just take the money and cash out (or invest it on something else).

This extension of the 10/200 strategy is compatible with both schools (the continuous sale school and the holding school).

I am a follower of the 100/1000 strategy. Sell everything when the price goes up 1000%.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I finaly devised (and successfully applied) a refinement to the 10/200 strategy:

Extended 10/200 strategy

I introduced you earlier to the 10/200 strategy by noted Bitcoin mogul Risto Pietila:

Everytime the price doubles, sell 10 % of your remaining stash.

And the corollary to the 10/200 strategy, which ensures you get free money from 73% of your stash:

ROI after three doublings.

Here, there is two schools: one that continue to sell after ROI is reached and one that just holds. Which school you will follow depends on how impatient, in need of money and confident on the future of your asset you are.

Now I would like to introduce you to what I called the extended 10/200 strategy. This is nothing new, traders use it everyday. Credits still go to aminorex.

After selling, place a buy order of the amount your sold at X% below your selling price and sell again at target price. Rinse and repeat.

For instance, your trading plan is to sell 10% of your Monero at 0.0064 BTC. You decide to buy back at 0.0051 BTC, because you are confident this is just a temporary fall in price and that it will reach 0.0064 again and probably more. Once it will reach 0.0064 again, you will sell again. In the process, you will have gain some moneroj. Free money. Once it doesn't work anymore (the price stops yoyoing around 0.0060 BTC), you just take the money and cash out (or invest it on something else).

This extension of the 10/200 strategy is compatible with both schools (the continuous sale school and the holding school).
Activity: 518
Merit: 502

Can someone explain to me how the block reward works? It seems to be reward = (264 - 1 - A) * 2-20 * 10-12, but how is A measured?

A is current coins in circulation.

Ah, ok, thanks. But that means that the block reward should monotonically decreasing, while http://monerochain.info/charts/reward seems to imply otherwise.

Also, on the blockchain explorer you can find blocks that have very low rewards, for example http://monerochain.info/block/b81efb2a5c19dcf2129b9cb87040f70f216f4a4ea8fc2173d0fc4f7dcf7ade73
Is that a bug in the explorer, or is the block reward really fluctuating that much?
Jump to: