Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1971. (Read 4670562 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
New pool: extremehash.com, based in the US
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Number 1 priority for this coin should be making it more user friendly.

I had to do quite a bit reading to figure this all out. The good news is once we have a friendly GUI wallet and clearer instructions, we'll get tons of new adopters.

Right now I view this as a DRK-type coin... which lay under-priced for weeks until it went to the moon.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
I suggest conducting a poll regarding block times.  
Any hard fork is effectively a poll of miners anyway

That's a terribly expensive way to poll.  Better to conserve resources by pre-testing the idea.  If a hard fork fails, it doesn't just waste precious development time, it does serious damage to credibility and community.  BTC could survive that, before it had competition, and might survive it now, while it has dominance, but MRO is still very green and needs gentle shepherding, with a calm hand, or the pirhana will tear it apart.  I hate to see any blood in the water at this point.  Enough was shed in the past month already.

One fundamental problem with handing veto to the miners is that miners are generally (1) very poor at estimating value impact of a change and (2) very very short-term in their return profiles.
Oh, and another may be if the miners consist primarily of criminals operating botnets.  The opposite of meritocracy, there.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
Price in the .002s now.  Definitely deep oversold.  I'm loading up on the exchanges (slowly).  I suggest miners hold until 0.008 before selling fresh rewards, hold old rewards until 0.01294, which is the first candidate for top of the next major breakout.

[citation needed]

But I still hope you're right!  Cheesy
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Is ~40H/s a waste of time to mine solo or should I wait to do that until I upgrade to an FX-8320? I tried for 3 days and hadn't gotten anything. Just wondering if it's worth it to keep making the 0.5mro a day from the pool?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Price in the .002s now.  Definitely deep oversold.  I'm loading up on the exchanges (slowly).  I suggest miners hold until 0.008 before selling fresh rewards, hold old rewards until 0.01294, which is the first candidate for top of the next major breakout.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
when mintpal add us price easy double  Cheesy
because the big whales are on mintpal with a lot of 1000 btc, and they want this coin  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I did, I started it actually. But just wanted to say again... Just mined 4h straight for nothing. So you saying that mining solo would not change that? getting less orphans I mean

I mine solo and I get plenty of orphans. It's perfectly normal for a 60 second block time. It's probably a little worse with pools, because the pool layer adds more latency, but that's shouldn't be a huge factor.

That's why this coin will ultimately fail soon...Way too many orphan blocks are being generated, making it practically useless to mine this coin.

Not really. Everybody gets orphans so the effect is to make the difficulty lower than it would otherwise be. You get more blocks, but more of them are orphaned, so the end result is about the same. It is annoying, inefficient, and confusing, but it doesn't really affect mining output.

Activity: 294
I did, I started it actually. But just wanted to say again... Just mined 4h straight for nothing. So you saying that mining solo would not change that? getting less orphans I mean

I mine solo and I get plenty of orphans. It's perfectly normal for a 60 second block time. It's probably a little worse with pools, because the pool layer adds more latency, but that's shouldn't be a huge factor.

That's why this coin will ultimately fail soon...Way too many orphan blocks are being generated, making it practically useless to mine this coin.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
a lot of people want 50 mro on poloniex  Grin
Activity: 389
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Too many orphaaaans... Angry

Edit: http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/#pool_blocks Seriously?!

You have to read about orphans nature on previous page.
Activity: 389
TTM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
i don't know why MRO got frozen twice in short periods today on Poloniex. They might have some problem with operating MRO wallet.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Anyone with an idea, I'm having problems with the .net gui

It seems like it gets stuck with just a few blocks remaining,
plus the address is always initializing.

I have published a new version of the wallet which will hopefully fix the problem (couldn't reproduce it on my machine, but I have a hunch where the problem was). Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6522303/CryptoNoteWallet_latest.zip

And please, post feedback about the GUI in the GUI bounty thread. I probably miss posts about the GUI in this thread because it grows to fast Smiley
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
hello

yesterday i started my adventure on monero... all fine i guess... i installed the simplewallet simple miner and bitmonerod.
runned bitmonerod thensimple walled and generated new wallet. then on simple miner i putted to mine to this pool
http://monerominers.com/pool/

as it offered a 100 monero bounty among the first miner to discover the block. we were 12 and we discovered the block after a while....

but my balance is still to 0 ... ( more block were discovered in the night but my balance still 0 in the wallet i mean) is there a minimal threshold payout ? im testing not at around 40- 170 h/s  i have quite many xeon machines to put on this if the pools reveals not a scam pool ... i just need more infos how to check my stats , my pending moneros and so ... this is my address

497viAVVKPC7vd5aA1m384eQbdAkWDMykaFdnDmYi3n1CNDZ93aSW7ZLxvGuGvizXsBXUVx5ntT2SSx TV47iYUWi5P1hUjG

please waiting for infos.

Payments will be carried out tonight!

I am in the same position as cptfisher.

Pointed some hashpower towards this pool the evening this 100 MRO bounty was announced.

Participated in finding the first (bounty) block and four blocks after and have yet to receive any of the bounty share or regular pool payout.

Despite Spollie's above announcement or the pool page saying that payments are live.

The MRO address used is this one:

43AoQ2heavdXk4Qoqv2CvPdktETqqqpqTJFEegnxNAph49h2gA3S33DCQ7i81W3aG9XENEdYfWUhP4V qvFN3U8LDBb8smHN

Have PM'ed Spollie earlier already.

Had just gotten into mining this coin on other pools for a day or so, where everything went smoothly.

Then switched to monerominers.com after that 100 MRO bounty was announced.

Seen it as a nice opportunity to make some extra MRO and support a small pool in the process while difficulty was still much lower.

Would be sad to have wasted my hashes on this pool...

Maybe just a glitch in the still new pool software?

Would be glad, if the admin could sort things out. Thanks in advance!

@cptfisher: Did you receive your payment yet?

Update: Pool site is now down, so far no payment or reply to PM (despite user's profile showing activity here in the meantime). eMail to support address [email protected] could not be delivered earlier today (rejected).
legendary
Beware, moneropool.org is not paying... They claim they are held back due to a bug - but this "bug" has been explained above, is trivial to resolve (delete invalid addresses), and they haven't done anything about the situation.

I would stay away until we know more.
The bug is that someone mined with the invalid address while I was asleep, and the payment queue got too large. Now the daemon rejects the transaction, because it is too large.

I have paid out all along, even for many orphans. I'm not going to start stealing your MRO.

Could you please post a solution ITT how to fix this? I also running a pool and just got lucky, noticed this address early and deleted it. Have no idea how to handle your case.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Beware, moneropool.org is not paying... They claim they are held back due to a bug - but this "bug" has been explained above, is trivial to resolve (delete invalid addresses), and they haven't done anything about the situation.

The bug is that someone mined with the invalid address while I was asleep, and the payment queue got too large. Now the daemon rejects the transaction because it is too large. I have already removed the shares of the invalid address in Redis.

I have paid out all along, even for many orphans. I'm not going to start stealing your MRO.
legendary

Pool ops have to file a bugreport to pool software dev, because it's possible to attack pools with such invalid addresses and delay payments.

https://github.com/zone117x/node-cryptonote-pool
Jump to: