Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2090. (Read 4670606 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Simplewallet can read a list of incoming transfers. The command is incoming_transfers

I know Smiley. The command I'm refering to is not entered at the command line, but sent via HTTP messages, specifically used for communication between two processes.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Nice movement on the spreadsheet exchange:

14.17 BTC volume so far for 5/5 -- a large amount for a spreadsheet exchange. That's 3.65x more than yesterday, and the price has went up from a .000442 average yesterday to .000796 (average for the day), a gain of 80%.

It looks like people are gaining a lot of trust in Smooth - a great thing, we're recovering from the departure of TFT, there's lots of news about a pool coming very soon, the blockchain didn't get stuck, the newest update was successfully pushed through, the hashrate doubled, and the miners have been optimized (even though there's currently a favor toward windows machines, but it sounds like that's being worked on).

Lots of great news! Looking forward to seeing even more new people posting every day.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Code:
bitmonero wallet v0.8.6.295()
password: *************
Opened wallet: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Starting refresh...
Error: refresh failed: daemon is busy. Please try later. Blocks received: 0

Can't refresh (tried multiple time), bitmonero compiled from source and the daemon is fully synced.
This is not working since few days, I updated source but still not working.
The daemon can mine however.

Any idea ?

Edit : using libboost 1.53

Try typing "save" in the daemon window

It worked thanks !
But that's strange since I did multiple exit and relaunch witch would have saved the blockchain.
Any way ... good to know.

Some kind of race condition in the code. Sometimes it comes up with broken RPC, sometimes it works fine. Doing "save" seems to resolve it.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
when can the windows wallet gui be expected?

I have been trying to create a simple wrapper for the simplewallet and daemon. But I'm running into problems with the public (JSON RPC) API. The documentation on the bytecoin wiki is not accurate (some methods don't exists any more, others are missing specification of the input).

I can read the balance from the wallet and general info from the daemon. But I can't read a list of incomming transfers (this method does not seem to be available). I tried getting all the blocks and parsing them, but I can get the call for getblocks.bin working.

Has anyone got any further than me? I can post examples of how to make the JSON RPC calls. But I'm still missing big parts of functionality before I can even think of making a Windows wallet implementation.
Simplewallet can read a list of incoming transfers. The command is incoming_transfers
Activity: 113

I have been trying to create a simple wrapper for the simplewallet and daemon. But I'm running into problems with the public (JSON RPC) API. The documentation on the bytecoin wiki is not accurate (some methods don't exists any more, others are missing specification of the input).

I can read the balance from the wallet and general info from the daemon. But I can't read a list of incomming transfers (this method does not seem to be available). I tried getting all the blocks and parsing them, but I can get the call for getblocks.bin working.

Has anyone got any further than me? I can post examples of how to make the JSON RPC calls. But I'm still missing big parts of functionality before I can even think of making a Windows wallet implementation.
Activity: 505
Merit: 500
I can't download binaries off mega.Please upload somewhere else, ty!
Activity: 560
Noob question,

I've been getting this a lot:
2014-May-05 03:40:45.540602 [P2P1][sock 201] Some problems at write: Broken pipe:32

Any idea what this means?

Also -
I'm on Xubuntu 13.10
I compiled without specifying # of threads, but I am actively mining with 8 threads.
Since I didn't specify number of threads when compiling, will there be a detrimental effect?
I have Dual Xeon 5160's at 3Ghz and am getting 14H/s when using all cores.

In general this means you terminated some connection. I'm not sure it does any harm here, though.

Compiling with more threads just compiles faster. It has no effect on the resulting program or your ability to mine with more threads.
Activity: 248
Merit: 251
Code:
Starting refresh...

Can't refresh (tried multiple time), bitmonero compiled from source and the daemon is fully synced.

Any idea ?

It worked thanks !
But that's strange since I did multiple exit and relaunch witch would have saved the blockchain.
Any way ... good to know.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Code:
Starting refresh...

Any idea ?

Activity: 248
Merit: 251
Code:
Starting refresh...

Any idea ?

Activity: 518
Merit: 505
Hi, the current source code on github does not compile on archlinux.

Code:
[ 61%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/connectivity_tool.dir/connectivity_tool/conn_tool.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable performance_tests
/usr/bin/ld: ../src/libcryptonote_core.a(cryptonote_format_utils.cpp.o): undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_mutexattr_settype@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.0: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: Fehler: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
tests/CMakeFiles/performance_tests.dir/build.make:100: recipe for target 'tests/performance_tests' failed
make[3]: *** [tests/performance_tests] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/afri/opt/bitmonero/build/debug'
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:896: recipe for target 'tests/CMakeFiles/performance_tests.dir/all' failed
make[2]: *** [tests/CMakeFiles/performance_tests.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...

Code:
 $ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.9.0
 $ cmake --version
cmake version 2.8.12.2
 $ pacman -Ss boost
extra/boost 1.55.0-6 [Installiert]
    Free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries - Development
extra/boost-libs 1.55.0-6 [Installiert]
    Free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries - Runtime

Any idea?

-lpthread is missing, see

https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/pull/1
Activity: 1
Activity: 28
The Windows being faster than Linux should be more publicised. If the contrary was a drawback, this should be beneficial to its image.  Cheesy

I think the blockchain folder in the OP is incorrect. In Windows, shouldn't it be in appdata/ROAMING/bitmonero ?
Yes but you get there with %appdata%

you also have to create the bitmonero folder yourself.

The windows path is: %appdata%\bitmonero

It is correct in the OP.

If you're a windows noob like me though you'll be going there via file Explorer and won't know how to see %appdata% Smiley
Activity: 37
The Windows being faster than Linux should be more publicised. If the contrary was a drawback, this should be beneficial to its image.  Cheesy

I think the blockchain folder in the OP is incorrect. In Windows, shouldn't it be in appdata/ROAMING/bitmonero ?

The windows path is: %appdata%\bitmonero

It is correct in the OP.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
I have updated master to 0.8.6.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
I didnt get a block for 24 hours yesterday but got 2 blocks over the night Smiley Quite lucky Smiley

And yes please! Someone optimize the linux miner if it can be done!
Activity: 496
Spanish Bitcoin trader

Activity: 170
Have mined for 24 hours almost and haven't found a block Sad
I was thinking that icore 7 is enough to mine some Monero coins now in a day.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Wow, I can only hope the linux code will somehow benefit from whatever Noodle did with the Windows code.  I've got 4x Opterons that went from 2.8947 H/s to 5.000 H/s when I moved it from Ubuntu to Windows.  My E5 box with Ubuntu is doing 5.4 H/s, but I can't swap OS's on it.  Both are VPS.

+1
Please updade linux wallet to match windows performance. It is weird to have a faster windows than linux !
Jump to: