Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2094. (Read 4670606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
Got my first block! It is sad to see the hash rate going up already. I wish I had mined this coin from day 1.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
hey,

has this question been ansered.
what is connectivity tools
and how to use simpleminer.

thanks

The executable connectivity_tool is for diagnostics so it isn't very useful for users. The executable simplerminer is like cgminer is for scrypt coins. You leave it running to hash and submit shares to pools. When we can start pool mining, you'll be using that instead of the daemon. It's actually fully functioning already, but the pool implementation itself is unknown because the only CryptoNote pool (MinerGate for BCN) is not open source.

Well there seems to be quite too many issues to start mining. Especially if using multiple machines its not worth the set up times/problems =/

You should test whether you're capable of synching Bitcoin and Bytecoin on these VPS instances. This will let you know whether the problem is with the local connection settings (Bitcoin fails) or BCN+MRO's code or just MRO's code.
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
Well there seems to be quite too many issues to start mining. Especially if using multiple machines its not worth the set up times/problems =/
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
hey,

has this question been ansered.
what is connectivity tools
and how to use simpleminer.

thanks
@skybot13x: it's syncing
@Djinou94: it seems you have an old version of the wallet. Download the last version - link on the first page.

Its been a good amount of time and its not done. I was thinking of putting all my VPS for this but just the set it is a bitch.

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
@skybot13x: it's syncing
@Djinou94: it seems you have an old version of the wallet. Download the last version - link on the first page.
Now it keeps saying an existing connection was forcibly closed I dont think its syncing
legendary
Activity: 1036
I'm here.  Constantly. Soon I will have the fork in sync with the bytecoin commits. NoodleDoodle recently published a more optimized daemon/miner for win64. Othe is working on the GUI.

Pool will come as soon as people see the technological value in the coin. Like most open source projects, it will grow slowly and organically -- like Bitcoin itself.

So, just chill. Smiley The start was fair and the development behind the coin has been totally decentralized since TFT left.  In the meantime, enjoy cheap MRO.
where more optimised miner can be downloaded?

edit: Ok , I found it.

Now i have this problem . cant sync wallet, and cant see my balance. Are my coins lost?

I have the same problem
What to do please?
That means you are syncing!

FINALLY too bad I couldnt load the blockchain.bin =[
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
That means you are syncing!

I get this now. =/ Cant find the blockchain file either still
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003
When binaries are updated, can you please add the date in the OP also? So we can check easily if we have the latest version running

+1 very valid
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
THank you guys,

I think I cannot download the blockchain in windows, when I enter the "refresh" command in wallet, all I get is: "refresh failed, deamon busy, Blocks received:0"

I also get yellow color in the deamon window.

Any ideas?

First you have to finish downloading the whole blockchain. You must be synced. Then open the wallet. If problem persists just close everything and try again.

Sometimes its quite annoying. It may take 5-10 times closing and opening in order to work. Although i believe that if you let blockchain sync and open wallet a couple of minutes later you wont have a problem...

P.S. You must close deamon with "exit" unless you want to download blockchain every time Smiley

Easiest way to work around this is to just type "save" in the daemon. Once the daemon finishes saving (fast on monero, slower on bytecoin) wallet connections should work again.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
Any word on a pool yet?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
updates have been pushed to the 0.8.6 branch.

to compile and use 0.8.6 test, do this:
Code:
git clone git://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero.git
cd bitmonero
git remote add upstream git://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero.git
git checkout --track origin/extraupdate
mkdir build
make -j4

In a couple days after people have played with it, I will merge to main. It contains numerous updates regarding tx_extra field in tx and allows compiling on 32 bit platforms.

it also contains a checkpoint, so the network will now fast sync to that block (22231).
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Thank you. How will I know if its fully synced or track its progress?

when you open daemon it says how many blocks you need to download and it also says with green letters that you are sync.

If not change the vocality of daemon by typing   set_log 2

Thanks again / By typing set_log 2 I can now see more details Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

when you open daemon it says how many blocks you need to download and it also says with green letters that you are sync.

If not change the vocality of daemon by typing   set_log 2
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
.. or just type "save" in daemon.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
THank you guys,

I think I cannot download the blockchain in windows, when I enter the "refresh" command in wallet, all I get is: "refresh failed, deamon busy, Blocks received:0"

I also get yellow color in the deamon window.

Any ideas?

First you have to finish downloading the whole blockchain. You must be synced. Then open the wallet. If problem persists just close everything and try again.

Sometimes its quite annoying. It may take 5-10 times closing and opening in order to work. Although i believe that if you let blockchain sync and open wallet a couple of minutes later you wont have a problem...

P.S. You must close deamon with "exit" unless you want to download blockchain every time Smiley
Jump to: