Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 2098. (Read 4667452 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
It looks like you are trying to connect to Bytecoin peers. Connect on port 18080, not 8080. Or am I missing something?
Merit: 500
That is normal. Just let it sync. You can type this to see the blocks as they come in.  Smiley

Code:
set_log 1

In his case the blockchain isn't synching at all (stuck at height 0). It's normal for some connections to fail, but here all of them do.
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
That is normal. Just let it sync. You can type this to see the blocks as they come in.  Smiley

Code:
set_log 1

It also says FAIL TO CONNECT TO ANY PEERS
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
That is normal. Just let it sync. You can type this to see the blocks as they come in.  Smiley

Code:
set_log 1

I keep getting this
Activity: 322
I know its not there

Go to %appdata% and create bitmonero folder and put blockchain file there.

But it's strange, if you start daemon it should create this directory...Huh

Well in monero/BCN case it does not create Bitmonero as long as you don't save the blockchain from the daemon
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
(っ◔◡◔)っ🍪
I know its not there

Go to %appdata% and create bitmonero folder and put blockchain file there.

But it's strange, if you start daemon it should create this directory...Huh
^The folder is hidden. Search for "folder options" (start -> search), -> view -> show hidden files, folders and drives -> OK. Open windows explorer and in the path combo box write %appdata%\bitmonero and press enter. Now you are in the right folder where the blockchain is located.
I know its not there
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^The folder is hidden. Search for "folder options" (start -> search), -> view -> show hidden files, folders and drives -> OK. Open windows explorer and in the path combo box write %appdata%\bitmonero and press enter. Now you are in the right folder where the blockchain is located.
Merit: 500

No sucyh directory =/

We can help you step-by-step on the freenode channel #monero.
Well i went as far as step one but just failed connections.

=/

Ill pay someone some monero if they help me

Thats normal, you should download the blockchain from the first post and put it into %appdata%\bitmonero then run monerod.exe. It will sync way way faster. Normally it takes over an hour.

After its synced run the create wallet command in another dos window. Refresh it and start_mining 4 or number if threads you want to use.

No sucyh directory =/

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120
Does anyone know if there is any problem in having multiple computers mining off the same cloned wallet?
Is there a better/more efficient way to mine to a central wallet?
Cheers

No problem so far. It is good to have all the coin going to the same place. Keep a backup of the wallet though.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

Does anyone know if there is any problem in having multiple computers mining off the same cloned wallet?

Cheers

yes, just open the daemon and "start_mining [youraddress] [#threads]". no need to use the wallet, just need an address for the coinbase.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1946
My mule don't like people laughing

=/

Thats normal, you should download the blockchain from the first post and put it into %appdata%\bitmonero then run monerod.exe. It will sync way way faster. Normally it takes over an hour.

After its synced run the create wallet command in another dos window. Refresh it and start_mining 4 or number if threads you want to use.

legendary
Activity: 1946
My mule don't like people laughing
How much is the block reward at the moment?

17.something

=/

Activity: 299
How much is the block reward at the moment?
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
this stuff is too hard for a noob like me. Sad
i wish there will be gui wallet and pool soon

Do I place the binaries in c:\ instead of c:\bytecoin?

This is totally new for me

You can put them in any folder really, as long as you can navigate there with cd and dir

Thanks Ill try it in a bit

Anyway to pool mine several PCs together or something
Jump to: