Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 890. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
A friend of mine wants to test Monero. He already created a account on MyMonero.com. Is there a site / faucet to get a little amount of Monero to play around?

If your friend has a profile with more than say, 50 activity, have him PM me his address: I'll send him 1.

Actually, I'll do this for any member (for up to 50 total) that has an account with >50 activity and isn't already a member of our community (determined by me).

... and isn't an obvious bought account, I assume
(because, yes, that's a thing here nowadays)
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
A friend of mine wants to test Monero. He already created a account on MyMonero.com. Is there a site / faucet to get a little amount of Monero to play around?

If your friend has a profile with more than say, 50 activity, have him PM me his address: I'll send him 1.

Actually, I'll do this for any member (for up to 50 total) that has an account with >50 activity and isn't already a member of our community (determined by me).
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

There isn't a mainnet faucet that I know of, but there is a testnet faucet: http://monerotap.com
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Just buy or let him buy a couple XMR on shapeshift
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
I am currently don't own any Monero. I did, but I sold them not long ago. I think I gonna exchange some for him.
Thanks!

not as far as i would know.

if he is your friend, you should send him some Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
Hi Guys. I have some questions about simplewallet/generic wallet commands. What is the best/easiest way of managing a large amount of addresses? Will simplewallet allow for creating new addresses frequently? How does poloniex manage their wallet?

Poloniex uses one to serve them all. It's Ring Signatures. Occasionally there are Trolls, Orks or Hobbits, too.
Could someone elaborate with more knowledge?

You cannot compare one on one with Bitcoin. Think about transfer ids presenting your frequently generated addresses.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

While walking back from from work in a suburban area I pick up an average of 2 deposit bottles every day.  At 1/10 Monero per bottle that is a Monero every week.  If only there was a recycle machine that dispensed Moneroj.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud

Is Saddam Bitcoin still giving away Monero for signing up with open alias? Introduction to two great techs with one free stone.
Activity: 453
hello world

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Activity: 453
hello world
great presentation!

i have a question: after reading some, it feels to me that the random number generators used in monero could be its weakest point.
can somone tell something to this? is this all bullshit?

what do we use to do this? some open standard? c++ internal function? something self made?
sorry i can not look it up myself, i would not know where to start, even if i can read it to a certain way myself.

btw wikipedia has this when you look up cryptonote Grin:

Using non-deterministic random in CryptoNote signatures might be a backdoor intentionally left by NSA in reference implementation.

sorry if this was allready discussed.
legendary
Ugly rumor that needs counter-swiftboat measures.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cease-and-desist-notification-issued-to-monero-1088996

Shorters getting creative.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 168
Merit: 101
Physical Monero coins
Activity: 400
Merit: 263
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Hi Guys. I have some questions about simplewallet/generic wallet commands. What is the best/easiest way of managing a large amount of addresses? Will simplewallet allow for creating new addresses frequently? How does poloniex manage their wallet?

legendary
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Network
 Hash Rate: 10.20 MH/sec

Shocked

All people jumping ship to mine Vertcoin or something? Is there another super profitable GPU coin out there now?
Jump to: